Deoghar is a Hindi word and the literal meaning of 'Deoghar' is abode ('ghar') of the Gods and Goddesses ('dev'). Deoghar is also known as "Baidyanath Dham", "Baba Dham", "B. Deoghar". The origin of Baidyanathdham is lost in antiquity. It has been referred to as Haritakivan or Ketakivan in Sanskrit Texts. The name Deoghar seems to be of recent origin and probably dates from the erection of the great temple of Lord Baidyanath. Although the name of the builder of the temple is not traceable, certain parts of the front portion of the temple are said to have been built by Puran Mal, an ancestor of the Maharaja of Giddhour, in 1596.Deoghar district is one of the twenty-four districts of Jharkhand state in eastern India, and Deoghar town is the administrative headquarters of this district. This district is known for the Baidyanath Jyotirlinga shrine. This district is part of Santhal Pargana division.Deoghar district is located in the western portion of Santhal paraganas. It is bounded by Bhagalpur district in north, Dumka in south-east and Giridih in west.
Deoghar is a famous health resort and a major Hindu pilgrimage center. Baidyanath Temple in Deoghar holds one of the twelve 'Shiva Jyothirlingams' and is also one of the 51 saktipeeths in India. The ‘Purans’ refer to this temple as fit place for funeral obsequies. It is also famous for the mela of Shrawan (5th month according to the Hindu calendar system). It is the only place in India where the jyotirlinga and the saktipeeth are together. They lay side by side. Each year between July and August(On the eve of shravan month) about 7 to 8 million devotees come from various part of India to offer holy water from the Ganges at Sultangunj—almost 108 km from Deoghar—to present it to Shiva. Baidyanath Dham is one of the most secret destinations in Indian tourism. Many parts are untouched till recently. There are ruins of many Buddhist monasteries around.
Deoghar has a picturesque location. Deoghar is located at 24°29'N 86°42'E / 24.48°N 86.7°E. The nearest railway station is Baidyanathdham. Jasidih junction is about 7 km from Baidyanathdham railway station, which is on the main line of Howrah-Delhi route of Indian railway. It is about 229 km from Patna (capital of Bihar) and 322 km from Ranchi (capital of Jharkhand) and about 315 km from Kolkata (capital of West Bengal). Deoghar has an average elevation of 254 metres (833 feet). The climate of Deoghar is dry and congenial and Deoghar is still considered a health resort in spite of the great congestion particularly due to the temple of Vaidyanath (also spelled Baidyanath), as well as having the criminal and civil courts and a large number of Government establishments.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ministry of Tourism is promoting the rich heritage and culture of the country under Dekho Apna Desh initiative The Ministry of Tourism has launched the Dekho Apna Desh (DAD) initiative in January 2020 with the objective of creating awareness among the citizens about the rich heritage and culture of the country, encouraging citizens to travel widely within the country and enhancing tourist footfalls leading to development of local economy and creation of jobs at the local level. This initiative is in line with the 15th August, 2019 address of the Honourable Prime Minister asking every citiz
3. Click2visas Click2Visas is an online visa services which enables an individual into a global traveler. The platform helps a traveler’s dream of acquiring a visa for a country in few simple steps using a simplistic widget. It collects very minimal data from the user in overcoming the complexity of filling the visa application form. The regular updates in the platform helps in provisioning the updated or latest visa forms in it. The automated approach in provisioning the pl
5. Ministry of Tourism launches its DekhoApnaDesh webinar series from today COVID-19 has had a major impact on all human life and not just in India but globally. Tourism as a sector is naturally hugely impacted with no movement happening either domestically or from across the border. But owing to technology, it is possible to visit places and destinations virtually and plan our travels for a later date. In these unprecedented times, technology is coming handy to maintain human contact and also keep faith that times will be good to be able to travel again soon.
7. Deoghar Baba Baidyanath Dham Deoghar Baba Baidyanath Dham
Origin of name
Deoghar is a Hindi word and the literal meaning of 'Deoghar' is abode ('ghar') of the Gods and Goddesses ('dev'). Deoghar is also known as "Baidyanath Dham", "Baba Dham", "B. Deoghar". The origin of Baidyanathdham is lost in antiquity. It ha
8. Shirui Lily Festival 16-19, October, 2019 Ukhrul DistricT
3rd STATE LEVEL SHIRUI LILY FESTIVAL: October 16-19, 2019
2ND STATE LEVEL SHIRUI LILY FESTIVAL: APRIL 24-28, 2018
The Department of Tourism organized the 2nd State Level Shirui Lily Festival from April 24-28, 2018 this year. The festival was spread over multiple venues which included the Shirui Village Ground where the opening cere
9. Foreign Exchange in Gurgaon Today people are traveling to another country for business purposes and vacation. For traveling abroad changing currency is very important. Now customers can easily opt for Foreign exchange in Gurgaon without any hassle. We also offer online foreign currency exchange services at an affordable price. The company Signature offers Buy Currency in Gurgaon or Sell Currency i
10. Florianopolis Destination Guide Florianopolis Destination Guide
Located in southern Brazil, Florianopolis is a top destination for surfers, beach-goers, and nightlife-lovers. However, there are some quaint fishing villages, adventure sports, and amazing seafood restaurants to experience here as well. Here are the top things you need to know before visiting this budget-friendly destination.
11. Madhya Pradesh Tourism Madhya Pradesh Tourism
TOURISTS' DELIGHT - INVESTORS' PRIDE
Oh, fine Ujjain! Gem to Avanti given,
Where village ancients tell
12. Bangkok Destination Guide Bangkok Destination Guide
Travel in Bangkok is often described as a whirlwind – it’s hot, chaotic, crowded, and full of exotic energy. This popular tourism destination is a city of extremes with majestic temples, floating markets, romantic rooftop restaurants, and a wide range of accommodations to suit every budget. But before you start feeling overwhelmed, read through our brief guide to learn about this exciting city and begin planning your it
13. Mathura-Vrindavan Located in the western part of Uttar Pradesh, Mathura is a jumble of never-ending lanes teeming with folks, rickshaws, and glittering shops. The city is dotted with magnificent temples, most of them dedicated to Lord Krishna, the city’s presiding deity and its first citizen. These temples depict various phases of Lord Krishna’s life, taking the devotees back to the divine era. Mathura is an important pilgrimage destination of the Hindus and is one of the seven sacred cities of India. Lord Kri
14. Azores Destination Guide Azores Destination Guide
The Azores is an enchanting region of Portugal that’s made up of nine volcanic islands in the North Atlantic Ocean. Compared to many island destinations, the Azores aren’t touristy, noisy, or polluted. Instead, travelers can expect to discover untouched nature, stunning panoramic views, and charming villages with rich cultural traditions. Here are the key details you should know to begin planning your trip to the Azores.
15. BUDDHIST CIRCUIT : UTTAR PRADESH BUDDHIST CIRCUIT
Uttar Pradesh is the land where thousands of years ago Gautam Buddha spent a large part of his life at. This is the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, travelled widely to spread his message and in the end attained mahaparinirvan here. Thus, the term Buddhist Circuit came up, the Circuit has grand stupas, ancient monasteries, where one can hear Buddhist chants of sacred Buddhist Mantras.
16. About Taj Mahal "The embodiment of all things pure”, said Rudyard Kipling on Taj Mahal’s beauty and that is no wordplay as the Taj is undoubtedly a pure epitome of beauty. It is an immortal poem in white marble and is the finest expression of love of an emperor for his queen. Located on a bank of River Yamuna, it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife and Queen Mumtaz Mahal between 1631 to 1648 A.D., who died while giving birth to her 14th child and whose last wish to her h
17. Copenhagen Destination Guide Copenhagen Destination Guide
The modern and navigable city of Copenhagen combines the best of European café culture and Scandinavian architecture and design. It’s charming and compact, with lots of local history to dive into. Although spending time in Copenhagen can become expensive, there are many ways to experience the city on a budget as well.
18. Amsterdam Destination Guide Amsterdam Destination Guide
Amsterdam is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world, famous for its beautiful canals, top art museum, cycling culture, and Red Light District. It is the capital and most populous city in the Netherlands and often referred to as the “Venice of the North” because of its expansive system of bridges and canals. Here are some of the key points to remember as you plan your trip to Amsterdam.
21 ICMR Scientist-B vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research9 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India will conduct a computer-based examination on 01/11/2020 for recruitment of various Scientist-B (Medical/Non-Medical) vacancy posts and hence invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-B in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/SC-B/2020)
ICMR Scientist-B Recruitmen ...
22 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 10/2020 #UPSC8 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 01/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty (Assistant Professor) and Assistant Director (Statistics - Census Operations etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 10/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Advt. No. 10/2020 Vacancies