Scientists from the Institute of Nano Science & Technology (INST), Mohali, an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology Government of India, have formulated nanoparticles with chitosan and loaded these nanoparticles with zinc gluconate for reducing the severity of rheumatoid arthritis.
Element Zinc is vital for maintaining normal bone homeostasis, and its levels are reported to get reduced in rheumatoid arthritis patients and arthritis-induced animals. It is also known that oral supplementation of zinc in the form of zinc gluconate have very low bioavailability in humans.
Chitosan, the biocompatible, biodegradable natural polysaccharide that is one of the most abundant biopolymers obtained from the exoskeleton of crustaceans have shown absorption promoting characteristics. The INST team have particularly chosen chitosan as it is biodegradable, biocompatible, non-toxic, and mucoadhesive in nature. A previously published report in the journal ‘Magnesium Research’ exhibited that after intraperitoneal administration in rats, zinc oxide in standard form resulted in a slight increase in serum zinc level, whereas that in nano form resulted in significantly high serum zinc levels thus increasing the zinc bioavailability. This motivated the INST team to develop the nanoformulation of zinc gluconate.
In the recent past, ionic gelation method has been widely employed for formulating chitosan nanoparticles, which may contain various medicinally active pharmacological agents. The DST-Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) and DST-Nanomission supported study led by Dr. Rehan Khan, published in ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering journal has analyzed the superior efficacy of zinc gluconate-loaded chitosan nanoparticles over the free form of zinc gluconate.
The team prepared Zinc gluconate loaded chitosan nanoparticles using chitosan and sodium tripolyphosphate in double-distilled water, and zinc gluconate was simultaneously added along with the synthesis of chitosan nanoparticles. Nanoparticles were characterized for various physicochemical properties, and then anti-arthritic potential was investigated against collagen-induced arthritis in Wistar rats. They observed that the treatment of rats with both zinc gluconate and zinc gluconate loaded chitosan nanoparticles reduced the severity of arthritis by reducing joint swelling, erythema, and edema but zinc gluconate loaded nanoparticles exhibited superior efficacy. The team assessed various parameters like biochemical analysis, histological observations, and immunohistochemical expression of inflammatory markers and suggested that zinc gluconate-loaded chitosan nanoparticles exerted superior therapeutic effects compared to the free form of zinc gluconate. This they attributed due to the inflammatory potential of zinc gluconate-loaded chitosan nanoparticles.
“Nanobiotechnology provides several effective solutions for the problems that traditional pharmaceutical formulations are often not able to address as effectively, such as sustained and targeted release of drugs, bioavailability, and efficacy of drugs and nutraceuticals, etc. The nanoformulation of zinc gluconate-loaded chitosan nanoparticles developed at INST Mohali is a creative example of a superior therapeutics for rheumatoid arthritis,” said Prof Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, DST.
Ansari MM, Ahmad A, Mishra RK, Raza SS, Khan R. Zinc gluconate-loaded chitosan nanoparticles reduce the severity of collagen-induced arthritis in Wistar rats. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. 2019 May 27; 5 (7): 3380-3397.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL) get BIS Certification for all its products Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL), a PSU under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers has been granted Bureau of Indian Standards - BIS certification for all its products.
HOCL has been a pioneer in the manufacturing of Chemicals since its inception and quality is its motto since then. The company is supporting and implementing the Make in India initiative of Government of India in one or other way.
All the products of the company are widely b
2. DGCA Undertakes Special Safety Audit of all Scheduled Airlines in India The DGCA is carrying out special safety audit of all the scheduled airlines in the country. For the Airports, spot inspections at 13 licensed airports have been carried out during the monsoon season by the DGCA.
Regulatory audit of scheduled airlines is carried out every two years as per the Manual of Regulatory Audit. However based on the findings during surveillances, spot checks, complaints, voluntary report and severity of occurrence, risk based audits are carried out in the form of special
4. Malnutrition Deaths among Children in the Country Malnutrition is not a direct cause of death among children. However, it can increase morbidity and mortality by reducing resistance to infections. Malnourished children are more vulnerable to any infection than normal children. The overall under five mortality rate has reduced from 74.3 (NFHS-3) to 49.7 (NFHS-4) deaths per thousand live births.
The Government has accorded high priority to the issue of malnutrition and is implementing several schemes/programmes through States/UTs to addres
5. Promotion of Agricultural Research To promote agricultural research and education, and to make the country self- reliant in the agriculture sector, DARE/ICAR has developed a country wide network of 103 Agricultural Research Institutes, 75 Agricultural Universities including 3 Central Agricultural Universities and 11 Agriculture Technology Application Research Institutes ably supported by a network of Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) at the district level mandated with technology assessment and demonstration for wider application and capacity
6. Postage Stamp released on A-SAT: India’s First Anti Satellite Missile A Customized My Stamp on India’s First Anti Satellite Missile (A-SAT) launch was released by Department of Posts on the occasion of Engineers Day today in the august presence of Shri AjitDoval, National Security Advisor (NSA).
On the direction of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted an Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) missile test ‘Mission Shakti’ from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha on 27th Marc
7. Steps to Revive Aviation Industry amid Covid-19 Pandemic All efforts have been made to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the aviation sector. Some of the measures taken to support the aviation sector include inter-alia:
1. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, domestic air services have been restarted in a calibrated manner. Initially only one third (33%) of the summer schedule 2020 was allowed to be operated which was subsequently increased to 45% on 26 Jun 2020 and then to 60% on 02 Sep 2020.
8. Steps taken by Government to support tribal communities during Covid pandemic Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has constituted a team of officers to prepare the roadmap and take necessary measures for implementation/realization of initiatives to restore growth in the economy after the Covid-19 Pandemic. On request of MoTA, the Ministry of Home Affairs has vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 16/04/20 issued guidelines aiming to relax the provisions of lockdown for Collection, harvesting and processing of Minor Forest Produce(MFP)/ Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) by STs and oth
9. Policy for Transfer of Employees In terms of instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on transfer/posting of Government employees, all Ministries/Departments of Government of India are required to have their own guidelines for transfer/posting of their employees providing for the following -
have a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer; and
Respective Ministries/Departments are also required to place the transfer policy
10. Scientists from Indian Institute of Astrophysics find a new model to probe how black holes rip apart starts Scientists have found a new way to probe into supermassive black holes – detecting their properties like mass and spin by observing how they rip apart stars. They have found a model which can infer black hole mass, its spin by observing how the stars are ripped apart on coming to the vicinity of these astronomical bodies with high gravitational force found at the centre of some massive galaxies.
Most black holes lead isolated lives and are impossible to study. Astronomers study them by wa
11. Government Initiatives for Steel Industry The steps taken by the Indian steel industry for introduction of digital and analytics in the steel making processes include the following initiatives:-
Identification of the finished product till the end customer through introduction of Quick Response (QR) code based traceable tags where quality and genealogy can be tracked.
Centralized Yard Management for all finished products to reduce rake retention time and improved identification and handling of the mat
12. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
13. Nominations for Padma Awards-2021 open till 15th September, 2020 The last date for online nominations/recommendations for the Padma Awards to be announced on the occasion of Republic Day, 2021 is tomorrow (15th September, 2020). The nominations/recommendations for Padma Awards will be received online only on the Padma Awards portal https://padmaawards.gov.in.
The Padma Awards, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padm
14. Hair Transplant in Hyderabad | Hair Transplant Cost in Hyderabad | Dr.Yv Rao Clinics Hair Transplantation
Hair Transplantation is a minimally invasive surgical procedure wherein the hair surgeon extracts the healthy hair follicles from the posterior part of the scalp and transfers them to the bald areas. It helps the patient to get back the lost hair. Hair transplant is an ideal solution for people suffering from hair thinning, hair loss, and partial to complete baldness.
16. New information on atmospheric turbulence parameters of Himalaya region can help weather prediction Weather predictions becoming more certainand help in preventing air traffic disasters may now be easier and, especially in the Himalaya region. Thanks to certain atmospheric turbulence parameters specific to the Himalaya region that scientists have calculated.
Scientists at the Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India, have estimated turbulence parameters in th
17. India is working on clean energy mission with a collective mindset: Shri Piyush Goyal Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister Shri Piyush Goyal has said that India is working on Clean energy mission with a collective mindset. Speaking at the Valedictory function of the First World Solar Technology Summit organized by International Solar Alliance (ISA) on Tuesday, Shri Goyal said “The best part about India's own engagement with clean energy is that we are working with a collective mindset, breaking all departmental silos and working to support each other to finally ac
18. Images sent by Chandrayaan-1 indicate possible impact of Earth's atmosphere on Moon Disclosing this here today, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and MoS Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that ISRO’s maiden mission to the Moon has sent images which show that Moon may be rusting along the poles. The sign of this finding is that even though the su
20. PM congratulates DRDO for successful flight of the Hypersonic Test Demonstration Vehicle The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has congratulated the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for successful flight of the Hypersonic Test Demonstration Vehicle.
In a tweet, the Prime Minister said, "Congratulations to DRDO for successful flight of the Hypersonic Test Demonstration Vehicle today. The scramjet engine developed by our scientists helped the flight achieve a speed 6 times the speed of sound! Very few countries have such capability today."
22. DRDO successfully flight tests Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully demonstrated the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) at 1103 hours from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha today.
The hypersonic cruise vehicle was launched using a proven solid rocket motor, which took it to an altitude of 30 kilometres (km), where the aerodynamic heat shields were separated at hyper
24. JNCASR researchers develop diagnostic therapy for Lung Cancer Lung cancer, the most common cause of cancer-related death worldwide, is tough to detect at early stages, making it difficult to treat. Scientists may soon have a solution in the form of diagnostic therapy for lung cancer which paves the way for personalized medicine.
Recently researchers from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India, have developed a therano
25. Study initiated for low cost COVID 19 detection kit suitable for storage in less stringent conditions in rural areas The COVID 19 pandemic has thrown up the novel challenge of setting up rapid diagnostic facilities in remote areas which do not have adequate infrastructure. This calls for low cost devices that do not require very stringent storage facilities. Scientists have put in a research plan to meet this urgent requirement.
With support from the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Birla Institute of
29 ICMR Scientist-B vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research9 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India will conduct a computer-based examination on 01/11/2020 for recruitment of various Scientist-B (Medical/Non-Medical) vacancy posts and hence invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-B in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/SC-B/2020)
ICMR Scientist-B Recruitmen ...
30 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 10/2020 #UPSC8 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 01/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty (Assistant Professor) and Assistant Director (Statistics - Census Operations etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 10/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Advt. No. 10/2020 Vacancies