Following is the text of an article by Shri Ashok Tandon, a senior Journalist and a Member of Prasar Bharati Board, titled 'Dawn of A New Era of Peace, Progress & Prosperity in Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh : A Series of Road & Highway Projects to give impetus to growth' :
"Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee, founder of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh (predecessor of the present day Bharatiya Janata Party), sacrificed his life spearheading a nationwide Satyagrah (non-violent agitation) demanding complete integration of the state of Jammu & Kashmir into the Indian Union.
Dr. Mookerjee had defied the entry-permit order of the government on the J&K border on May 10, 1953, and courted arrest chanting “Ek desh mein Do Vidhan, Do Pradhan, and Do Nishan Nahin Chalenge “(there can’t be two constitutions, two prime ministers & two flags in one nation).
He was taken to Srinagar jail where he died under mysterious circumstances on June 23, 1953.
Little would have Dr Mookerjee then realized that his mission would be accomplished when a second generation party leader from Gujarat will lead the party to power at the centre with absolute majority of its own.
The NDA government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 5, 2019, revoked the special status granted to the state of Jammu & Kashmir under Article 370 of the Indian Constitution enabling people of the state to access all central government programmes and laws including right to reservation for disempowered, right to education and right to information, besides, Minimum Wages Act & Minority Act.
The historic Presidential Order nullifying all the provisions of autonomy granted to the state was followed by another landmark and strategically significant State Reorganization Act, 2019, dividing the state into two Union Territories – Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
Since then the NDA government, over the last one year, has been grappling with a series of challenges on various fronts, including border security, constructive engagement with international community on the J&K issue and domestic political resistance to converting the state into two Union territories.
And then there was stupendous challenge of fast-tracking all round development ensuring peace, prosperity and welfare of the people and providing corruption free governance in all the three regions.
The central government converted these challenges into an opportunity to undo the betrayal inflicted upon the people of J&K as well as Ladakh in the name of Article 370 by the family-run political parties who ruled the state for most of the last seven decades.
PM’s personal appeal to the youth in the region, particularly the misguided elements in the Kashmir valley,” to be a part of this historic journey and walk together for a greater cause” has shown tangible results on the ground.
With both J&K and Ladakh as Union Territories (Jammu & Kashmir not permanently) directly under the centre, the Modi government unfolded an ambitious roadmap of peace and progress ushering in a new era of inclusive development and transparent governance in the entire region.
The Team-Modi adopted an integrated approach to build a state-of-the art infrastructure and unleashed a slew of fast-track social welfare and employment generation schemes and programmes, especially among the Small, Medium & Micro Enterprises,(MSME), including cottage, handicraft, handloom and horticulture enterprises, aimed at a comprehensive growth and socio-economic emancipation of the deprived sections of the society in all three distinct regions.
Good quality all-weather roads and national highways enhancing the hitherto lacking inter-region and intra-region connectivity has gone a long way in promoting and creating fresh employment opportunities in the post-bifurcation period.
A region-wise performance audit of the promises made, over the last one year, gives a fairly good account although a complete transformation in the landscape of this beautiful region will be on canvas once all the ongoing projects, especially several strategically important national highways, including tunnels in the tough terrains, become operational capable of coping with extreme weather conditions.
KASHMIR: The land of Rishi Kashyap :
According to Christopher Snedden, famous Australian researcher & author of several books on Kashmir, the name could have been a shortened form of Kashyap Mir (lake of the sage Kashyapa).
And famous Indian Sufi poet and scholar Amir Khusro had described the beauty of Kashmir in the following words :
Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast,
Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast.
(If there is a heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here.)
Tourism has always been the lifeline of the Kashmir economy and the enhanced infrastructure is proving to be a key to its success promoting exports from the valley as well.
The Road Transport & Highways ministry, with its arms like the NHAI and NHIDCL in concert with the BRO and the state PWD are currently engaged in completing a series of projects which will give impetus to growth and help the start ups in establishing producer companies with focus on further development of sericulture, cold water fisheries, woodwork, cricket bats, saffron, handicrafts, and horticulture produce.
The ongoing projects include Srinagar-Jammu-Lakhanpur highway; the Qazigund-Banihal tunnel and Srinagar ring road.
Beautiful city of temples, earlier known as Jambupura, was the capital of Raja Jambu Lochan, the brother of Bahu Lochan, who built Bahu Fort on the bank of river Tawi. The brothers are believed to be descendents of Lord Rama.
Jammu with rapidly growing rail and road connectivity, including the Jammu ring road, is getting a huge boost to its economy with flourishing religious tourism and star ups in businesses like wood grain work, mills, basmati rice trade, rice mills, carpets, electronic items and electric goods.
Also known as Ladvags, The land of High Passes and, Maryul of Ngari (lowland of Ngari), has its strategic sensitivity. The region has been a victim of step motherly treatment from the ruling elite in the Kashmir valley.
The Modi government decision to make Ladakh a separate Union Territory has heralded dawn of peace, progress & prosperity for the peace loving people of the region and correction in regional imbalance in matters of development and economic growth.
Ladakh is witnessing an unprecedented boost to the infrastructure development with all-weather roads and highway network coming up in a big way in difficult terrains and strategic locations. Domestic and international tourism promotion has been given a big push in Ladakh.
Sky seems to be the limit of central financial packages to Ladakh resulting in a phenomenal growth in its farm-based economy through enhanced agriculture and livestock activities.
An augmented irrigation facility for horticulture and cash crops has improved productivity putting additional money in farmers’ pocket.
Last but not the least, the abrogation of Article 370 and bifurcation of the state into two union territories has given the local communities in all three regions greater sense of participation in public discourse. It is discernible with the youth in the valley joining security forces and civil services and excelling in the field of education and sports.
Today there is greater awareness about women rights and girls education in Kashmir as well as in Ladakh.
People are coming forward to join hands with local administration in isolating anti-social elements and exposing Pakistan-sponsored attempts at radicalisation of youth."
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Violence against Women The year-wise data of crime against women as per National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) during the years 2016 to 2018 is at Annexure-I.
The Government attaches high priority to ensuring safety and security of women and has undertaken various legislative and schematic interventions in this regard. These include legislations such as ‘The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018’, ‘The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013’, ‘The Sexual Harassme
3. Strengthening of ICAR The Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) under Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), GOI is the apex organisation to promote Agricultural Research and Development in the country. National Agricultural Research System (NARS) under DARE/ICAR consists of 103 Agricultural Research Institutes, 75 Agricultural Universities, 82 All India Coordinated Research Projects/Network Projects and 11 Agriculture Technology Application Research Institutes ably supported by a network of 721 K
4. Make In India Recently, Government has taken various steps in addition to ongoing schemes to boost domestic investments in India. These include the National Infrastructure Pipeline, Reduction in Corporate Tax, easing liquidity problems of NBFCs and Banks, various policy measures to boost domestic manufacturing. Government of India has also promoted domestic manufacturing of goods through public procurement orders, Phased Manufacturing Programme (PMP), Schemes for Production Linked Incentives of various Ministries.
6. New Industrial Policies The Government is in the process of bringing out a strategy paper on boosting industrial growth which will be a roadmap for all businesses in the country.
Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan MantriAwasYojana – Urabn (PMAY-U), for providing accommodation at affordable rent to urban migrants / poor has been launched on 31.07.2020 after approval of the Union Cabinet. It’soperational guidelines along with implem
7. Socio-Economic Activities Indian Railways, besides running trains/special trains on existing Railway system, is undertaking various infrastructure projects including new lines, gauge conversion, doubling, electrification, bridges, etc. which provide direct and indirect benefits to both the rural and urban communities. Railways is also expediting execution of Railway infrastructure works in identified districts under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojna to give impetus to socio-economic activities in rural and urban areas. Indian Railways ha
9. Long-Term, Time-Bound, National Level Strategy to Tackle Air Pollution-National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) The Central Government launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a long-term, time-bound, national level strategy to tackle the air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner with targets to achieve 20% to 30% reduction in Particulate Matter concentrations by 2024 keeping 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration. Under NCAP, 122 non-attainment cities have been identified across the country based on the Air Quality data from 2014-2018. A list of Smart Citie
10. Electrification of Railway Lines Total Broad Gauge (BG) Route kilometer (RKM) Indian Railways (including Konkan Railway) is 63,631. As on 01.04.2020, 39,866 RKM have been electrified. Zone wise length of Rail line yet to be electrified are as under:
Total BG RKM
13. Modernisation of Armed Forces The details of Budget Estimates (BE), Revised Estimates (RE) and Actual Expenditure (Actuals) on the modernization(Capital Acquisition) of Armed Forces, under Defence Services Estimates (DSE), for the last five years and the current year are as under:-
(Rs. in Crore)
14. Steps taken by Government to support tribal communities during Covid pandemic Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has constituted a team of officers to prepare the roadmap and take necessary measures for implementation/realization of initiatives to restore growth in the economy after the Covid-19 Pandemic. On request of MoTA, the Ministry of Home Affairs has vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 16/04/20 issued guidelines aiming to relax the provisions of lockdown for Collection, harvesting and processing of Minor Forest Produce(MFP)/ Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) by STs and oth
15. ECGC Limited ECGC Limited was set up in 1957 in Mumbai under the Companies Act 1956 to provide export credit insurance services to exporters and banks to promote and support exports from India.
The performance details of ECGC for the last three financial years and current year are given below:
(Amount in ₹ Crore)
16. Import and In-house production of PNG & CNG As per information provided by Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC), approximately 9,228 MMSCM of Natural gas has been produced domestically and approximately 9,966 MMSCM of LNG has been imported in the country during the period April-July, 2020. This gas also caters to demand of Piped Natural Gas (PNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
IOCL is executing 517 km long Paradip-Haldia-Barauni Oil 30" capacity augmentation pipeline project. IOCL has informed that physical progress of 43.
17. Government receives large number of suggestions on proposed mining reforms There is no proposal to make illegal mining as legal. The Mines ministry has clarified this today. Ministry of Mines had circulated the proposed reforms in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) (MMDR) Act, 1957 with different Central Government Ministries /Departments and also to the State Government for comments / suggestions.
Further, in order to give wide publicity to the proposed reforms, as per Pre-Legislative Consultation Poli
18. Promotion of Agricultural Research To promote agricultural research and education, and to make the country self- reliant in the agriculture sector, DARE/ICAR has developed a country wide network of 103 Agricultural Research Institutes, 75 Agricultural Universities including 3 Central Agricultural Universities and 11 Agriculture Technology Application Research Institutes ably supported by a network of Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) at the district level mandated with technology assessment and demonstration for wider application and capacity
19. Deaths of CAPFs in J&K Jammu and Kashmir is affected by terrorism sponsored and supported from across the border for more than last three decades. The Government has adopted a policy of zero tolerance towards terrorism. Security forces are taking effective and continuous action in countering terrorism. As a result, 138 terrorists have been neutralized in Jammu and Kashmir from 01.03.2020 till 31.08.2020. During this period of six months, 50 security force personnel have attained martyrdom in terrorist related incidents and cea
20. Government Initiatives for Steel Industry The steps taken by the Indian steel industry for introduction of digital and analytics in the steel making processes include the following initiatives:-
Identification of the finished product till the end customer through introduction of Quick Response (QR) code based traceable tags where quality and genealogy can be tracked.
Centralized Yard Management for all finished products to reduce rake retention time and improved identification and handling of the mat
21. Cross Border Intrusion Regular attempts for infiltration by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir are sponsored and supported from across the border. The number of attempts of infiltration and estimated net infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir, month-wise, during the last 12 months (August 2019 – July 2020) are given below:
22. Development Action Plan for Scheduled Castes As a part of the socio-economic and financial inclusion strategy of the Government to ensure that all segments of the society, particularly the Scheduled Castes, are benefited and adequate funds are allocated for their development, the concept of Development Action Plan for SCs (DAPSC - earlier known as Allocation for Welfare of SCs or SCSP) is being implemented by the Government so that targeted financial and physical benefits can accrue to the Scheduled Castes. Under DAPSC, certain percentage of funds
23. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
24. Postage Stamp released on A-SAT: India’s First Anti Satellite Missile A Customized My Stamp on India’s First Anti Satellite Missile (A-SAT) launch was released by Department of Posts on the occasion of Engineers Day today in the august presence of Shri AjitDoval, National Security Advisor (NSA).
On the direction of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted an Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) missile test ‘Mission Shakti’ from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha on 27th Marc
25. The Monsoon session 2020 of Parliament begins tomorrow on September 14 The Monsson session 2020 of Parliament will begin from Monday, on September 14, 2020. The fourth session of 17th Lok Sabha and 252nd Session of Rajya Sabha is scheduledto be held on Monday, 14th September, 2020 and subject to exigencies of Government Business, may conclude on Thursday, 1st October,
29 ICMR Scientist-B vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research14 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India will conduct a computer-based examination on 01/11/2020 for recruitment of various Scientist-B (Medical/Non-Medical) vacancy posts and hence invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-B in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/SC-B/2020)
ICMR Scientist-B Recruitmen ...
30 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 10/2020 #UPSC13 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 01/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty (Assistant Professor) and Assistant Director (Statistics - Census Operations etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 10/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Advt. No. 10/2020 Vacancies