TCS one of India’s biggest hirers, is changing the way it has been recruiting engineering graduates over the past many years.
The tech company is digitising the recruitment system<, and reducing its dependence on the traditional process of going to campuses to find candidates — which is the way much of the IT industry hires today. Starting this year, it has started a pan-India online test — called the National Qualifier Test — and is following that up with a video interview, or a face-to face interview, depending on the candidate’s location.
The company says this has enabled it to reach out to a far larger student talent base, as also complete the recruitment process in three-four weeks, compared to the three-four months it took under the traditional process. TCS traditionally had a pool of 370 accredited colleges where it visited annually for fresh hires. With the online test, the company said it could reach out to nearly 2,000 colleges, including those “in Baramulla, Kohima and other far-flung areas”.
The number of students who registered for the test on the company’s digital platform iON was 280,000 from 100 cities and 24 states. This figure is 175 per cent higher than the number of students who registered for the traditional process last year. “The basic process of campus recruitment is not changing but the way we are doing is changing,” Ajoy Mukherjee, executive VP and head of global human resources at TCS, told TOI.
When TCS visits engineering colleges, it conducts recruitment tests for those in the fourth year (7th semester) with the help of its HR team, technical team and recruitment team in individual institutions. After the test, an interview is conducted. So 370 colleges took three to four months to cover. “We have optimised recruitment so that it can be done faster — in three to four weeks,” said Mukherjee.
This year, the tests were conducted earlier this month, and the interview process is currently on. “We could not go to colleges in far-flung areas. Now they come together in one nearby accredited college or an iON centre for the interview,” Mukherjee said. The traditional campus recruitment process, however, will continue in top institutions such as the IITs, NITs and IIMs. But the hiring numbers could be fewer.
The company declined to comment on how many graduates it would hire this fiscal, but said the number would be more than last year, when it recruited about 20,000 trainees.
Venguswamy Ramaswamy, global head of TCS’ digital assessment platform iON, said the company has “democratised talent spotting” through this novel method. The platform has algorithms that evaluate responses from candidates when they write programmes in Java, C or C++. iON has been used for other assessments, such as railway exams, CAT, GATE and CLAT.
To date, it has assessed more than 115 million candidates. “Earlier, we used to give the offer letters by September and wait for the graduate to join us in June. With this platform, we engage with students on trending topics, arrange hackathons and other modes of talent development before they join. This helps us integrate them faster,” said Ramaswamy.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Sexual Abuse Cases of Children Reported Online The number of child sexual abuse cases reported from March 2020 onwards on various platforms is as under:
As reported by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), the total number of child pornography/rape and gang rape complaints lodged in the National Cybercrime Reporting Portal (NCRP) from 01.03.2020 to 18.09.2020 is 13244.
As reported by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), information of 420 cases of child sexual abuse has been receive
2. Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States: Dr. Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said in a written reply in Lok Sabha that Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States.
Under this Mission, for promotion of bamboo products, 172 processing units for value addition of Bamboo, 97 primary processing units for Management of Bamboo waste
4. Electrification of Railway Lines Total Broad Gauge (BG) Route kilometer (RKM) Indian Railways (including Konkan Railway) is 63,631. As on 01.04.2020, 39,866 RKM have been electrified. Zone wise length of Rail line yet to be electrified are as under:
Total BG RKM
5. Steps taken by Government to support tribal communities during Covid pandemic Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has constituted a team of officers to prepare the roadmap and take necessary measures for implementation/realization of initiatives to restore growth in the economy after the Covid-19 Pandemic. On request of MoTA, the Ministry of Home Affairs has vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 16/04/20 issued guidelines aiming to relax the provisions of lockdown for Collection, harvesting and processing of Minor Forest Produce(MFP)/ Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) by STs and oth
6. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
7. Development Action Plan for Scheduled Castes As a part of the socio-economic and financial inclusion strategy of the Government to ensure that all segments of the society, particularly the Scheduled Castes, are benefited and adequate funds are allocated for their development, the concept of Development Action Plan for SCs (DAPSC - earlier known as Allocation for Welfare of SCs or SCSP) is being implemented by the Government so that targeted financial and physical benefits can accrue to the Scheduled Castes. Under DAPSC, certain percentage of funds
8. CLAT 2020: SC says NLAT result not valid, NLSIU must conduct CLAT exam The apex court said the National Law School of India University cannot conduct its own admission test. So NLAT 2020 results is invalid for admissions and CLAT 2020 exam must be conducted as scheduled on September 28.
The Supreme Court September 21 said the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru has to conduct the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 for admission as the NLAT 2020 result is not valid.
The apex court added that the CLAT 2020 will be conducted
9. Nominations for Padma Awards-2021 open till 15th September, 2020 The last date for online nominations/recommendations for the Padma Awards to be announced on the occasion of Republic Day, 2021 is tomorrow (15th September, 2020). The nominations/recommendations for Padma Awards will be received online only on the Padma Awards portal https://padmaawards.gov.in.
The Padma Awards, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padm
10. ESIC issues instructions for submission of claims for Unemployment Benefit under Atal Bimit Kalyan Yojana ESIC has issued instructions for submission of claims by the affected workers to claim relief under recently expanded Atal Beemit Kalyan Yojna in which relief is to be paid to to those ESI members who lost their job. Claims to get the relief can be made online at website www.esic.in along with submission of the physical claim with an affidavit, photocopy of Aadhaar Card and Bank Account details to the designated ESIC Branch Office by post or in person.
It may be stated that ESI Corporation unde
11. How to Update Garmin GPS? Toll Free No : +1 844-687-1001 Garmin GPS is the device in which you have to connect with your car for traveling from one place to another place. Before the GPS device every person using their smartphones to go to the destination place. But after get the knowledge about the importance of GPS. And then we get the Garmin GPS, you have to just connect with your car. But if the GPS device needs to update it, then you have to follow these steps.
Step1: Whenever you get that you need to upgrade the GPS device. You
13. Organic Food Processing Unit inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh With the inauguration of this food processing unit, 5000 farmers will be benefitted and it is expected to leverage an investment of Rs 50.33 crores, said Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries. Inaugurating the food processing unit located in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh through video conference today, Smt. Badal said that the food processing sector is witnessing robust growth and has been identified as a champion sector by the Government of India. She added that the diverse
14. Arjuna Awardee Madhurika Patkar appeals to all to participate in the Fit India Freedom Run The Sports Authority of India regional center in Mumbai organised an online interaction with Table Tennis player Madhurika Patkar on Monday. The paddler, who won the Arjuna Awards in 2020, at the virtual National Sports Awards last month, spoke on the importance of the ongoing Fit India Freedom Run.
Organised by the Sports Ministry, it is the largest country-wideRun that was launched on August 14 by the Union Minister of Sports & Youth Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju. The run, to go on till Octob
15. More than 42 crore poor people received financial assistance of Rs 68,820 crore under PMGKP As part of the Rs 1.70 lakh crore Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP), the Government announced free food grains and cash payment to women and poor senior citizens and farmers. The swift implementation of the package is being continuously monitored by Central and State governments. Around 42 crore poor people received financial assistance of Rs 68,820 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package.
16. Indian Railways to start Computer Based Test for notified vacancies from 15th December 2020 Indian Railways is going to start computer based tests for notified vacancies from 15th December 2020.
Indian Railways had notified 3 types of vacancies. These were 35208 for NTPC (non technical popular categories like guards, office clerks, commercial clerks etc), 1663 for Isolated & Ministerial categories (Steno & Teaches etc) and 103769 for Level 1 vacancies (track maintainers, pointsman etc). In all RRBs had notified a total of 1.40 lakh such vacancies for NTPC categories, Level-1 P
18. NRDC and NAL to incubate aerospace engineering start-ups Start-ups are the initiative to bring innovation in mainstream. The action plan is to focus on simplification and handholding. Another important aspect of start-ups is industry-academia partnership and incubation. Looking at these aspects National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL) joined hands to establish an Innovation cum Incubation Centre with external private funding to promote start-ups in the emerging
20. Study initiated for low cost COVID 19 detection kit suitable for storage in less stringent conditions in rural areas The COVID 19 pandemic has thrown up the novel challenge of setting up rapid diagnostic facilities in remote areas which do not have adequate infrastructure. This calls for low cost devices that do not require very stringent storage facilities. Scientists have put in a research plan to meet this urgent requirement.
With support from the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Birla Institute of
21. MNRE extends time of RE Projects up to 24.8.2020 considering disruption due to lockdown due to COVID-1 The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy(MNRE) has decided that all RE projects under implementation as on the date of lockdown, i.e. 25th March 2020, through RE Implementing Agencies designated by the MNRE or under various schemes of the MNRE, shall be given a time extension of 5 (five) months from 25th March 2020 to 24th August 2020. Approval to the proposal was accorded by the Minister of State(I/C) for Power and Renewable Energy Shri R. K. Singh. The decision has been conveyed wide Ministry’s l
22. IIMC celebrates its 56th Foundation Day Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) celebrated its 56th Foundation Day today. A series of online events were organized at the regional centers across the country and also at the headquarters here in Delhi.
The Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Shri Amit Khare, Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and M/o Information & Broadcasting, Government of India and Chairman, IIMC.
Sh.Khare spoke on 'National Education Policy (NEP) - Philosophy
24. Ministry of Education celebrates 54th International Literacy Day Celebration-2020 today The National level function to celebrate 54th International Literacy Day was organized by Ministry of Education here today through online mode. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education was the Chief Guest on this occasion. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre was Guest of Honour the occasion. The Message of Director General, UNESCO was read by UNESCO Representative on the occasion. Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal
25. Gadkari calls for enhanced international investment in Infrastructure and MSME sector Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari has called for increased investment by international institutions and bodies in the Indian Highways and MSME sectors. He said, automobile and MSME are the two growth engines of Indian economy.
Addressing the Indo-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Womennovator on Trade Investment and collaborations in Road infrastructure and MSMEs today, the Minister said, India and Australia are already co-operating in the road safety sec
26 Best Apps To earn Money Online#Jobs31 Days Remaining for Apply Everyone wants some extra income, and if you are a student, you definitely want these.
Here is the list that I have made which can be used to earn money. Here is the list of apps which can be used to earn good amount of money.
I earned almost 1000 $ from these apps. Must try these.
29 Recruitment of Assistant Sub-Inspector and Sergeants in Bihar Police by BPSSC#Bihar1 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Sub-Inspector and Sergeants in Bihar Police by BPSSC
Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) invites online application on prescribed format for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts ofSub Inspectors and Sergeants in Bihar Police. (Advertisement No. 3/2020).
BPSSC Bihar PoliceSub Inspectors and Sergeants Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
Sub-Inspector (Steno): 1998 vacancies, Pay Level-6 ₹35400 ...
33 Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020#Odisha12 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020
Online applications on prescribed recruitment form are invited by Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) from the prospective candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) Group-A in the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department of Government of Odisha. (Advt. No. 04/2020-21)
36 Recruitment of Faculty Vacancy in IIM Visakhapatnam 2020#Faculty & Teaching24 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Faculty Vacancy in IIM Visakhapatnam 2020
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV), Andhra Pradesh invites applications from outstanding academicians, with proven credentials in teaching and research at management schools of repute in India/abroad for Recruitment of Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy 2020 under special recruitment drive for OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PWD category candidates.
37 Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIPER Raebareli#Faculty & Teaching1 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIPER Raebareli
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited at NIPER Raebareli (Uttar Pradesh) from the eligible Indian Nationals for Direct Recruitment/ Deputation for the Teaching Faculty and Non-Teaching Government Job vacancy posts on regular basis through open competition in NIPER Raebareli. (Advt. No. NIPER-R/Recruit/01/2019-20)
NIPER Raebareli Faculty Non-Teaching Recruitment 2020
38 Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020#Defense & Police4 Days Remaining for Apply Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020
Online Application on prescribed format are invited from Indian male citizens for filling up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Constable Tradesman in various discipline in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India 2020 (Advertisement No. 338/RC/SSB/Combined Advertisement/CTs/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog
SSB Constable Tradesman Vacancy 2020 - Table of Content
39 Recruitment of Job Vacancy in Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Department 2020#Punjab1 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Job Vacancy in Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Department 2020
Department of Water Supply and Sanitation (DWSS) of Government of Punjab invites application through Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri Govt. Job vacancy posts of Specialists, Coordinators and Facilitators on a Contract Basis in the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation of Government of Punjab. (Advt. N ...
42 Xth (10th) CRP for Clerk Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS#Bank0 Days Remaining for Apply Xth (10th) CRP for Clerk Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct Xth (10th) Online Common Recruitment Process (CRP), Preliminary and Main Examination for the year 2021-21 for recruitment and selection of personnel for Clerical Cadre Government Job vacancy Posts in participating Public Sector Bank or any other Financial Institution tentatively in the month of December 2020 and January 2021 through Xth (10th) CRP for Cl ...
45 Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020#Bihar7 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) invites Online Applications from Indian Citizens for the recruitment 2020 of following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Professors in various subjects/disciplines for State Engineering Colleges in the state of Bihar for Science and Technology Department of Government of Bihar.
Bihar PSC Assistant Professor of Eng ...
46 Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Administrative Job Recruitment 2020 Vacancies #Sarkari Naukri3 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible/qualified candidates to fill up following Administrative Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts in various disciplines and levels in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the year 2020. (Advertisement No. 2/2020/Estt.)
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India an ...
47 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states#Sarkari Naukri7 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Odisha and Tamil Nadu states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVA ...