North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) is an autonomous body set up under the joint initiative of Department of Space (DOS) and the North Eastern Council (NEC). The main function of the Centre is to provide developmental support to the North Eastern Region (NER) of our country using space science and technology.
NESAC proposes to recruit the following position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) purely on temporary basis for the following project
Post Code No.
No. of posts
Desirable Working Experience
Study on existence of Tropical Tasar Silkworm Ecoraces and their subsist place with all the Geo-tagged Data.
M.Sc. (Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Sericulture/ Botany/ Geography/ Environmental Science) with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc. (Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Sericulture/ Botany/ Geography/ Environmental Science) with N-JET in Agriculture specialization.**
• Diploma/Certificate in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/ Spatial Information Science.
• Minimum one year experience of Remote Sensing and GIS Applications for any thematic applications, Geotagging exercise etc.
Assessment of socio-ecological vulnerability to climate change among agroforestry managers along an altitudinal gradient in the eastern Himalayas.
MSc. Forestry/ Ecology & Environment/ Environmental Science/ Botany/ Agriculture/ Geography/ Geoinformatics or equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
MSc. Forestry/ Ecology & Environment/ Environmental Science/ Botany/ Agriculture/ Geography/ Geoinformatics or equivalent with N-JET in Forestry specialization.**
OR MTech RS & GIS/Geoinformatics or equivalent with Graduation in Science.
• Experience in handling GIS software, or certificate / Diploma in Geoinformatics.
• Experience in field data collection and survey techniques.
Forecasting of Severe storm and lightning over NER of India using combined mesoscale and storm scale ensemble data assimilation: WRFETKF, WRF-EAKF
M.Sc in Physics/Mathematics/ Atmospheric Science/Space Science/ Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc in Physics/Mathematics/ Atmospheric Science/Space Science/ Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent with N-JET in Atmospheric Science specialization.**
OR M.Tech in Physics/Atmospheric Science/Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent
Knowledge on Numerical Weather Modeling, Programming language like MATLAB, FORTRAN, PYTHON, etc.
Assimilation of satellite based soil moisture in a land data assimilation system for investigating the spatio-temporal behavior of landatmosphere interactions over India.
M.Sc in Physics/Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc in Physics/Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or equivalent with NJET in Atmospheric Science specialization.**
OR M.Tech in Physics/Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/Atmospheric Physics/Physical Science or equivalent.
Knowledge of FORTRAN and PYTHON.
Carbon dynamics assessment in tropical forests of North East India using Multi-sensor data.
M.Sc in Forestry/Environmental Science/Environmental Management/ Ecology & Environment/Biodiversity & Conservation/Botany/Remote Sensing & GIS or equivalent with Graduation in Science, with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc in Forestry/Environmental Science/Environmental Management/ Ecology & Environment/Biodiversity & Conservation/Botany/Remote Sensing & GIS or equivalent with Graduation in Science, with N-JET in RS & GIS specialization.**
OR M.Tech in RS & GIS/Geoinformatics or equivalent with graduation in Science.
Experience with handling RS & GIS software/field knowledge of ecological data collection, etc.
* NET/NET Equivalent qualifications:
i. CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test including NET-Lecturership
ii. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD
iii. Joint Admission Test (JAM) conducted by MHRD
iv. Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bio-informatics by Bio-informatics National Consortium.
v. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) conducted by Department of Atomic Energy.
vi. All India Competitive Examination (AICE) conducted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
The N-JET 2018 was conducted at NESAC on 13.03.2018. Candidates having valid Score Cards may apply directly.
i) NET/NET Equivalent qualifications should be in the discipline/specialization of the essential qualification.
ii) Number of positions indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirement.
iii) M.Tech/M.E. or its equivalent degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 60% or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
iv) M.Sc. degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
v) Rounding-off marks is not allowed.
(vi) Selection will be purely based on performance in the interview.
(vii) Candidates having M.E./M.Tech degree in the relevant discipline must clearly mention with supporting proof, the specialization/ dissertation/ thesis in the relevant field for consideration of their application.
(viii) Teaching experience in the related fields will be considered provided necessary supporting document by the concerned authority of the institute on the list of subjects taught by the applicant.
(ix) Experience letter should contain the details of work done by the applicant under different projects.
(x) In case of foreign degree holders where the documents/degree/certificates are not in English then translation and authorized transcription must be attached and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) must also be scanned and attached. Failure to produce equivalency certificate at the time of interview shall lead to disqualification.
(xi) The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make a candidate eligible Interview
(xii) The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
Emoluments & Other benefits
Fellowship amount: 31,000/- per month.
In addition to the above mentioned fellowship amount, HRA at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid and Medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per extant rules. The fellowship amount shall be taken as Basic pay for this purpose.
JRFs are eligible only for casual leave. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female JRFs. Apart from this, the candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
Maximum Age 28 years as on 19.06.2020 but relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders. Age relaxation as per Government of India orders are applicable to Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Tenure of the Positions
All the above posts are purely on contractual basis and co- terminus with the project without any provision for regularization. Junior Research Fellows will be engaged initially for ONE YEAR or the period of the Project whichever is earlier and is extendable for further periods based on assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Junior Research Fellow shall not exceed FIVE years. The fellowship will not confer any claim or right for regular appointment in any of ISRO/DOS Centres.
The Director, NESAC reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without any reason thereof. He also reserves the right to terminate the contract, even before completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates eligible to be called for interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications received for the posts based on the following:
• The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
• In case candidate is claiming equivalent specialization, he/she has to obtain certificate from his/her institute/university stating that the specialization is equivalent to the one asked in the advertisement for the post applied for. Final decision on this will be taken by the Screening Committee. The screened-in/shortlisted candidates will be called for interview before the Selection Committee. Communication shall be sent only to the screened-in/shortlisted candidates. NESAC will not entertain any correspondence on the issue of short-listing of candidates. The call letters for the interview to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail. No communication shall be made to the candidates who are not short-listed/Screened in. Candidates who do not fulfill eligibility condition will not be considered for the interview.
How to apply:
The application form will be hosted in the NESAC web-site www.nesac.gov.in from 27.05.2020. Last date for submission of On-line Application Forms is 19.06.2020 and closing time will be 16.00 Hrs. Candidates need to apply through online mode only.
After registration take a print out of the application summary and the print-out is to be brought along with passport size photograph and documents supporting the data furnished in application at the time of Interview. Please note that site will not be open for printing after 16.00 Hrs. of 19.06.2020. Registration Number should be recorded by the Candidate for all future correspondences with NESAC with regard to this advertisement.
Note: 1. Read the Detailed / Full Advertisement and all its Corrigendums / Addendums
3. Save and Print a copy of the submitted Online Application for future reference. The print copy need to be brought at the time of interview.
• Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to apply.
• Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
• Applications will be through online mode only and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail/NESAC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the NESAC website from time to time. NESAC will not take responsibility for non-receipt of intimation regarding call letter/any communication due to technical reasons or whatsoever to the candidates
• The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam but are also liable to be posted in any place in India at the discretion of Director, NESAC as and when required.
• Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the application along with a set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the 'No Objection Certificate', in original including print out of the application summary, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed.
• The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for Ph.D from recognized universities and take up relevant research topic benefitting the individual and NESAC. However they have to work extra time to complete the Ph.D research. No leave is admissible for Ph.D work.
• No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any issues pertaining to online application, candidates may send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with clearly mentioning the name of the post in the subject of the e-mail otherwise the query may not be responded and NESAC will not be responsible for not responding.
• 19.06.2020 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
• The prescribed experience should be after acquiring the essential qualification
• Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
• No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the interview.
•Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
OPENING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS ON 27.05.2020
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS 16.00 HRS ON 19.06.2020
THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE APPLICATION IS 29.06.2020
DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN EVERY RESPECT SHALL BE THE PRESCRIBED CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISISON OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION. THE APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL IN ALL THEIR PARTICULARS IN THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION CAREFULLY.
DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW ON WHICH THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THE PRINTOUT OF HIS/HER ONLINE APPLICATION ALONGWITH OTHER DOCUMENTS AT NESAC SHALL BE INTIMATED SEPARATELY.
CANDIDATE SHOULD UPLOAD THE MERGED DEGREE AND MARKSHEETS IN ONE PDF FILE FOR ONE PARTICULAR QUALIFICATION e.g. FOR B.TECH, DEGREE & MARKSHEETS OF ALL THE SEMESTERS SHOULD BE MERGED AND UPLOADED AND SIMILARLY FOR OTHERS ALSO.
NESAC proposes to recruit various position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
(Screenshot of https://recruitment.nesdr.gov.in/jrf_2020_02/)
Last Date for Apply : Monday June 29 2020 (Note : Last date for Apply may vary, if any corrigendum published on the official website. So visit official website regularly for any corrigendum /Admit Card / Exam Result/ Previous Year Question Papers)
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
These Jobs/Opportunities will expired soon, so be hurry to apply
1 Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Administrative Job Recruitment 2020 Vacancies #Sarkari Naukri0 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible/qualified candidates to fill up following Administrative Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts in various disciplines and levels in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the year 2020. (Advertisement No. 2/2020/Estt.)
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India an ...
4 Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020#Defense & Police1 Days Remaining for Apply Constable Tradesman Vacancy Recruitment in SSB 2020
Online Application on prescribed format are invited from Indian male citizens for filling up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Constable Tradesman in various discipline in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India 2020 (Advertisement No. 338/RC/SSB/Combined Advertisement/CTs/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog
SSB Constable Tradesman Vacancy 2020 - Table of Content
7 PNB Specialist Officers Recruitment 2020 #Bank3 Days Remaining for Apply Punjab National Bank (PNB), a Public Sector Banks wherein Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and United Bank of India (UBI) amalgamated invites online applications on prescribed format from Indian Citizens for the Recruitment of following 535 Specialist Officers Government Job vacancy posts in different disciplines/specialties for its various offices across India for the year 2020.
10 IFSCA Assistant Manager officer Recruitment 2020#Sarkari Naukri4 Days Remaining for Apply International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), a statutory unified regulatory body under the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India is conducting a one-time special recruitment drive for the recruitment of Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistant Managers (Officer Grade 'A') from amongst candidates appeared in the Interview of Civil Services Examination - 2019 (Main and Interview) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). (Advertiseme ...
11 Bank of India Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020-21#Bank4 Days Remaining for Apply Bank of India Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020-21 - Bank of India (BoI), a Public Sector Banks recruits Officers in various streams up to Scale-IV under Recruitment Project No. 2020-21/2 and invites online applications on prescribed format from Indian Citizens for the Recruitment of following 214 Specialist Officers Government Job vacancy posts in different disciplines/specialties for its various offices across India for the year 2020-21.
BoI Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020 Vacancie ...
15 Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020#Bihar4 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Professors Engineering College Vacancy by Bihar PSC 2020
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) invites Online Applications from Indian Citizens for the recruitment 2020 of following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Professors in various subjects/disciplines for State Engineering Colleges in the state of Bihar for Science and Technology Department of Government of Bihar.
Bihar PSC Assistant Professor of Eng ...
16 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states#Sarkari Naukri4 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Odisha and Tamil Nadu states
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Odisha and Tamil Nadu states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVA ...
17 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 10/2020 #UPSC5 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 01/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty (Assistant Professor) and Assistant Director (Statistics - Census Operations etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 10/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Advt. No. 10/2020 Vacancies
19 ICMR Scientist-B vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research6 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India will conduct a computer-based examination on 01/11/2020 for recruitment of various Scientist-B (Medical/Non-Medical) vacancy posts and hence invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-B in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/SC-B/2020)
ICMR Scientist-B Recruitmen ...
21 Job Vacancy in Government Mint Mumbai 2020 #Maharashtra8 Days Remaining for Apply India Government Mint (IGM), Mumbai is a unit of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) invites online applications on prescribed form for the recruitment of following Govt. Job Vacancy from the prospective candidates in IGM Hyderabad. (Advertisement No. 02 /Admn /2020)
India Government Mint Mumbai Job Vacancies
25 Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020#Odisha9 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Executive Engineer Civil by Odisha PSC 2020
Online applications on prescribed recruitment form are invited by Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) from the prospective candidates for recruitment to the following latest Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) Group-A in the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department of Government of Odisha. (Advt. No. 04/2020-21)
27. DBT – ICAR Transfer of Technology of novel Brucella vaccine viz. Brucella abortusS19 delta per vaccine Department of Biotechnology (DBT), facilitated Transfer of Technology of novel Brucella vaccine viz. Brucella abortus S19 delta per vaccine, through Video Conferencing (VC), earlier this week and an MoU was signed. This vaccine was developed by ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute (ICAR-IVRI), Izatnagar, Uttar Pradesh through a Network project on Brucellosis supported by DBT in which a gene was knocked out from Brucella abortus S19 strain.
28. Foundation Stone of World Class ‘Centre for Disability Sports’ at Gwalior Laid Today The foundation stone of ‘Centre for Disability Sports at Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh’ was laid at a function organized by DEPwD, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment through video conferencing today. Shri Narendra SinghTomar,Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Food Processing Industries, Government of India, Shri Vivek Narayan Shejwalkar, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Gwalior, Bharat Singh Kushwah, Minister of State for Hortic
29. Historic reform in Medical Education: National Medical Commission (NMC) constituted Historic reform in the field of medical education has been effectedby the Union Government with the constitution of the National Medical Commission (NMC), along with four Autonomous Boards. With this, the decades old institution of the Medical Council of India (MCI) stands abolished. Along with NMC, the four Autonomous Boards ofUG and PG Medical Education Boards, Medical Assessment and Rating Board, and Ethics and Medical Registration Board have also been constituted to help the NMC in day to day functio
30. Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component
Scheme of Scholarship and Fellowship for Promotion of Art and Culture
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component
Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research Component
32. AHSP Transfer of Pinaka Weapon System from DRDO to DGQA An important milestone was achieved today on 25 September 2020 when Authority Holding Sealed Particulars (AHSP) responsibility of Pinaka weapon system was handed over by DRDO to DGQA. AHSP transfer marks successful establishment of production of Pinaka rockets, Launchers, Battery Command Posts, Loader Cum Replenishment and Replenishment Vehicles as well as successful establishment of Quality Assurance processes. AHSP handing over took place at ARDE, Pune wherein the documentation required by various Prod
33. Naval Investiture Ceremony– 2020 Vice Admiral AK Chawla PVSM, AVSM, NM, VSM, ADC, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command (SNC), on behalf of the President of India, presented Gallantry and Non-Gallantry Awards, (announced on Republic day 2020) to meritorious naval personnel at the Naval Investiture Ceremony (NIC) conducted at naval base, Kochi on 25 Sep 20. In addition, personnel who demonstrated leadership, professional achievements and distinguished service of high order, and signif
34. Tourist Places in Banda, Uttar Pradesh Tourist Places in Banda, Uttar Pradesh
Maheshwari Devi Temple
Located in the Chowk of the city, this temple is one of the Goddess Shakti Peethas. Here, Maheshwari appeared as a stone rock. Hundreds of people come to see the daily philosophy. A huge fair is held here on Shardiya and Chaitra Navratri. People come from far and wide to visit.
35. Tourist Places in Narmada, Gujarat Tourist Places in Narmada, Gujarat
Dev Mogra (also Devmogra or Yaah Devmogi) is a figure in Hindu mythology, a goddess for the Satpuda mountain people.There is a temple to this goddess on a mountain near the city of Rajpipla in the state of Gujarat, India.The temple was said to have been created seven generations back when the then high-priest saw a vision of DevMogra.
36. Tourist Places in Balrampur, Chhatisgarh Tourist Places in Balrampur, Chhatisgarh
Located about 12 kilometers from the district headquarters of Balrampur, Tatapani, which is famous all over the country for natural exhausting hot water. Heavy water flowed from the ground in the reservoirs and springs of water for twelve months. In the local language, heat is meant to heat. That is why this place has been named Tatapani. It is believed that Lord Rama hit the Paththar of Sitaji in the game play and
37. Places of Tourist Interest in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra Birthplace of Lokmanya Tilak
Birthplace of Lokmanya Tilak (Bal Gangadhar Tilak ,23 July 1856 – 1 August 1920). He was an Indian nationalist, journalist, teacher, social reformer, lawyer and popular leader of the Indian Independence Movement. He was born in this place and lived there till the age of 10. You can see his old photos, press clippings and various items in original used by Shri Lokmanya Tilak.
Thiba palace was built by British Government to
38. Places of Tourist Interest in Mahasamund, Chhatisgarh Places of Tourist Interest in Mahasamund, Chhatisgarh
Chandi Temple of Birkoni
The Chandi temple is in village Birkoni on N.H.6 & about 10 km. north of Mahasamund. The construction of the temple is in progress. During Navarathri of Chaitr & Kuwar the devotees offer the light igniting.
40. Reduction in Tobacco usage Several steps have been taken by the Government to reduce the prevalence of tobacco use. Some of the major steps are as under;
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has enacted a comprehensive legislation, namely the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act, 2003 (COTPA 2003) to discourage the consumption of tobacco products in order to protect the masses from the health hazar
41. National Bio-Material Centre National Biomaterial Centre has been established at National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO), Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, an organisation under Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and is fully functional.
The Government of India is implementing National Organ Transplant Programme (NOTP) to promote organ donation across the country. Under this programme, an apex level National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisa
42. Vaccines Being Developed to Combat Coronavirus Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) has informed that it has granted test license permission for manufacture of COVID-19 Vaccine for preclinical test, examination and analysis to the following manufacturers in India:
M/s Serum Institute of India Pvt., Ltd., Pune
Ms. Cadila Healthcare Ltd., Ahmadabad
M/s Bharat Biotech International Ltd., Hyderabad
Biological E Ltd., Hyderabad
M/s Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd., Mumbai
43. Who Guidelines on COVID Tests The World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended 0.14 samples per day per 1000 or 140 tests per day per million population. As on 19th September, 2020 India is conducting COVID -19 tests at a rate of 875 tests/million population per day. This is more than 6 times the WHO recommendations. For Tamil Nadu this stands at 1145 tests per million population per day.
Indian Council of Medical Research in its advisory (issued on 4th September 2020) has allowed for ‘on-demand’ testing. Thi
44. Parliament passes three Labour Codes to pave way for enactment of historic Game changer Labour Laws The Rajya Sabha in its sitting today passed three labour codes namely, Industrial Relations Code, 2020 (ii) Code on Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions Code, 2020 & (iii) Social Security Code, 2020. With this, the decks for enactment of these codes have been cleared as Lok Sabha had passed these Bills yesterday.
Speaking during the discussions on the bills, Shri Gangwar described the Bills as historic game changer which will harmonize the needs of workers, industries and ot
45. Representation in Panchayats ‘Panchayat’, being “Local government”, is a State subject and part of State list of Seventh Schedule of Constitution of India. Clause (3) of Article 243D of the Constitution ensures participation of women in Panchayati Raj Institutions by mandating not less than one- third reservation for women out of total number of seats to be filled by direct election and number of offices of chairpersons of Panchayats. As per the information available with the Ministry, 20 States namely A
46. PPP Initiatives in Indian Railway to boost Infrastructure It is estimated that Indian Railways would need Capital investment of around ₹50 lakh crore upto 2030 for network expansion and capacity augmentation, rolling stock induction and other modernization works to enable better delivery of passenger and freight services and to improve its modal share in transport. To bridge the gap in capital funding and to induct modern technologies and improve efficiencies, it is being planned to use Public Private Partnership (PPP) model for few initiativ
47. Lucknow lab records shortest average time to process Covid-19 samples among institutions in India As the COVID 19 patient numbers are recorded, a testing hub in Lucknow for the disease has recorded the shortest average time to process samples among institutions in the country.
With 1000 to 1200 samples being tested per day, the story of the rise of Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences (BSIP), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology, to the top institution not only in the state but throughout the country in terms of average pr
48. Startup Ecosystem for Rural and Tribal Entrepreneurs Government of India, through Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has taken initiatives for implementing entrepreneurship development schemes and programmes for the youth and women of the Country through entrepreneurship education, handholding & mentorship and essential linkages with financial and market institutions.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is implementing a project on entrepreneurship promotion and mentoring of micro and small enterprises i
49. International Sign Languages Day (23 September) Celebrated By DEPWD, M/O Social Justice& Empowerment ‘International Sign Languages Day’ was celebrated at a virtual function organized by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC), an autonomous body under DEPwD, M/o Social Justice and Empowermenthere today. United Nations has declared 23rd September as International Sign Language Day. The theme of this year is ‘Sign Languages are for everyone’ with a view to enhancing awareness about Sign language and expanding its reach to everyone.
50. Subsidies for Cotton Every year before commencement of the Cotton Season (October to September), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India fixes the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of two varieties of seed cotton (kapas) to protect the interest of cotton farmers. While recommending MSPs, Commission on Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP) considers important factors like cost of production, overall demand-supply conditions, domestic and international prices, inter-crop price, terms of trade between agricultural and non
51. Development of Women and Children The Ministry of Women & Child Development implements following schemes to promote the development of women and children across the country:
Anganwadi Services: Anganwadi Services under Umbrella Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme, aiming at holistic development of children below 6 years of age and pregnant women & lactating mothers, by providing a package of six services comprising (i) Supplementary nutrition; (ii) Pre-school non-f