Sainik Schools are residential schools for boys, providing Public School Education with Military bias. The schools are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and are supported by Central and State funding.
The scheme to establish Sainik Schools was introduced in 1961 with the primary aim of preparing boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence Academy.
Vision of Sainik schools
To offer quality education to the children of rural masses and to develop qualities of body, mind and character which will enable the young boys to become good and useful citizens and eventually be a feeder to National Defence Academy.
The school was conceived with the motive of bringing public school education to the door step of the common man and sending a maximum number of its cadets to National Defence Academy. The School is indeed rendering a yeoman service to the nation by providing quality education to the children from myriad backgrounds. It enables boys from economically weaker sections of the society to take up an illustrious career as officer in the Armed Forces of the Nation and other celebrated professions. The school emphasizes on all-round development of the cadets so that they consistently strive hard to live up to the expectations of their parents and nation at large.
Sainik schools in India
There are about 33 Sainik schools in the country. To access the contact details of the schools, Visit http://www.sainikschoolsociety.org/contacts.html
Sainik Schools are members of All India Public Schools Conference. They offer a common curriculum and are affiliated to the CBSE, New Delhi. While developing a wholesome personality of the boys so that they are fit for the NDA, the schools also prepare boys for class-X and XII examination of the CBSE as well as UPSC exam for the NDA. The medium of instruction is English even though English is not a pre-requisite for admission. Since these schools prepare boys for NDA in the +2 stage only the Science stream is offered.
Besides academic excellence the students are encouraged to develop creative faculties through co-curricular activities and socially useful work. They are systematically introduced to all major games and given compulsory NCC training upto class-XI. Adventure activities form an integral part of training. Each school has extensive infrastructure and land to cater to needs of comprehensive training so that boys are brought up in conducive environment.
The fee for a student per academic year is around Rs 97,000.
Cadets studying in Sainik Schools are eligible for State Government scholarships based on parents income. Central Government also provides scholarship share at varying rates to those receiving State Government scholarships.
Children of serving defence personnel and ex-servicemen admitted on defence quota are granted scholarships by the Ministry of Defence.
Under a new scheme all boys studying in Sainik Schools receive about Rs.14,000/- per year as a subsidy from the MoD.
In some schools where amounts of scholarship are liberal, boys are studying by paying a very nominal amount. Cases have been taken up with the State Govts to increase the quantum of scholarship and the income slabs wherever they are less.
Admission is based on an entrance test comprising Maths, GK (Sc & Sst), Language and Intelligence for Class VI; Maths, Intelligence, English ,General Science and Social Studies for Class IX, followed by Interview and medical examination.
Sainik Schools admit boys in classes VI & IX on the basis of their merit in the Entrance Examination and an Interview and in Class XI boys are admitted on the basis of the marks scored in Class X Board examination.
Boys seeking admission in Class VI should be 10-11 yrs of age and for Class IX they should be aged 13-14 yrs as on 01 July in the year admission is being sought.
67% seats are reserved for boys of the State where the school is located. The balance 33% seats are open to boys from all other States and UTs. Within this broad classification, 25% seats are reserved for sons of service personnel including ex-servicemen while 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7½ % for ST candidates.
The prospectus and application form are available in the month of October every year and can be obtained from the respective school where the student wants to take admission. The application form can also be applied online at sainikschooladmission.in.
Date of entrance examination : All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination is held in the month of January every year .The date of entrance examination for the session 2018-19 is 7th Jan 2018.
Source : Sainik Schools Society http://www.sainikschoolsociety.org/index.html
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. 4.8L aspirants write PTET exam, result within 15 days The state-level PTET exam was conducted by the Government Dungar College of Bikaner on Wednesday.
Exam co-ordinator G P Singh said out of the total 1.89 lakh candidates registered for the four-year course, around 1.57 lakh took the test, the total percentage being 82.86%. Similarly, out of 3.67 lakh candidates registered for the two-year course, 3.26 lakh took the examination and the total percentage was 88.85%.
Singh said efforts will be made to declare the results in 15 days. He said that
3. IGNOU Admission 2020 Application Date Extended To September 30 Students willing to take admissions in Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU can send applications until the end of this month. The admissions committee has added more time in the wake of coronavirus pandemic. Check out the latest dates and other details about IGNOU admission.
IGNOU admission 2020 extended
4. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 08 Oct 2020
Residential Female & Male Social Worker
5. Digital Skills to Jobless People Digital Skills are crucial in the post Covid era to ensure skilling for the youth and also to address the requirements of Industrial Revolution 4. Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the Ministry plays a key role in the implementation of long term training schemes including training in the latest cutting edge technologies. DGT has entered into an MOU with IBM in June 2020 for Free Digital Learning Platform “Skills Build Reignite” to reach more Job Seekers and provid
6. What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore? What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore?http://educratsweb.com/users/images/3798-contents.pngThe National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore will not accept the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) scores this academic year and will instead conduct its own National Law Aptitude Test (NLAT) for admissions to undergraduate and postgr
7. Best Self Employment Ideas To Start Making Money On Your Own The 9-5 schedule may not suit everybody. Many of you must have thought of being self-employed at one point in life. Starting your own business is not easy. It has its pros and cons. However, the pros outweigh the cons when you have a great idea and are willing to work hard for it. It can be a very rewarding experience to be self-employed. All you have to do is play to your strengths and be well aware of your weaknesses. Let’s read more about different kinds of self-employment ideas that can help yo
9. Born in India, adopted by the world - Yoga Born in India, adopted by the world - Yoga
Yoga is the 5000-year-old secret Indian science designed to make one experience the deepest Self and the Cosmic Consciousness. Moreover, it will help you to stay healthy and keep up with the challenges posed by the modern and urban world. It can be defined as a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines, which originated in ancien
11. BRAOU commences online direct admission process The online direct admission for undergraduate, postgraduate, PG diploma and certificate programmes of Dr.B R.Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU) for the academic year 2020-21 is underway.
In a press release, the university on Friday said candidates who passed BRAOU’s eligibility test in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 can take the direct admission into UG courses. The last date for the admission and payment of tuition fee is September 10.
The admission prospectus has made available on t
13. IBPS RRB 2020 Mock Test Released @ibps.in - Check Details here Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the online IBPS RRB mock test for the IBPS RRB 2020 prelims exam of Office Assistants and Officer Scale - I. Candidates can appear in the IBPS RRB online mock test to understand the IBPS RRB 2020 exam pattern and examination system. IBPS already released the IBPS RRB 2020 admit card for both the posts of Officer Scale - I as well as Office Assistants. As per the IBPS RRB 2020 exam dates, the exam is scheduled on September 12 , 13 and September 19, 20,
15. Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme
With a view to assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies, the Government of West Bengal introduces this scheme of giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme has been thoroughly revamped in the year 2016 to cover more
16. Aishwarya Sheoran – Former Miss India Finalist and UPSC Rank 93
The results of the Civil Services Exam, 2019, were announced by the Union Public Service Commission on 4 August. Several inspiring success stories came to the forefront, including that of Aishwarya Sheoran, a former Miss India finalist, who defied stereotypes and went on to secure a rank of 93 in the prestigious examination.
Aishwarya Sheoran, Femina Miss India 2016 finalist,
17. Cancel NEET, JEE Main 2020 entrance exams, urges Manish Sisodia Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday appealed to the central government to cancel medical and engineering entrance exams JEE and NEET in view of the Covid-19 situation.
He also said that an alternative admission methodology should be used this year and the exams should not be conducted.
On Friday, Education Ministry officials had said the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) will be conducted in Septe
19. Job Opening in SRG HOUSING FINANCE LIMITED, (SRGHFL) Job Opening in SRG HOUSING FINANCE LIMITED, (SRGHFL)
SRG HOUSING FINANCE LIMITED, (SRGHFL) is a Listed Housing Finance Company registered under the Companies Act, 1956. The Company was incorporated on 10th March, 1999, with the Registrar of Companies, Jaipur in the name of VITALISE FINLEASE PRIVATE LIMITED with an object to provide of housing finance.
The promoters had their efforts to start t
21. Latest BBA Admissions 2020 Live Updates Various B-Schools have begun the admission process for BBA program while many management institutes are about to start. To get the latest updates on the admission process of B-schools offering BBA program Careers360 brings to you the latest information and updates on BBA admission process. Check the complete list below:
DU BBA Admission 2020
Delhi University will conduct DU JAT 2020 for admission to BBA program executed at various colleges of DU. Authorities began the
22. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Common Law Admission Test
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised national level entrance test for admissions to twenty two National Law Universities (NLU) in India. Most private and self-financed law schools in India also use these scores for law admissions. Public sector undertakings in India like ONGC, Coal India, BHEL, Steel Authority of India, Oil India etc. also use CLAT Post Graduation ( CLAT PG) scores for recruitment of legal positions i
23. Google launches Kormo Jobs app in India Google launches Kormo Jobs app in India
Kormo Jobs: Find jobs & grow your career
Employers use the Kormo Jobs app to hire job seekers. It only takes a few minutes to set up your basic profile, and get a beautiful digital CV that you can share, print, or apply directly to jobs listed on the app. If you take the time to fill out your background, experiences, and interests then we’ll match you for relevant jobs - let employers come to you!
The more you use th
24. Bengal govt launches portal for info on college admission We are sure it will be of great help to the students," the minister tweeted, attaching the link to the portal. Online admission to different colleges began on August 10 and the government has said that no fee would be charged from the students during the process.
The West Bengal government on Thursday launched a portal to provide real-time information on college admission to students. State education minister Partha Chatterjee said in a tweet that the interactive portal 'Banglar Uchh
25. Jobs Fair By National Career Service Jobs Fair By National Career Service
National Career Service is a Five Year Mission Mode Project launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 20th July, 2015. The project is being implemented by the Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment. National Career Service (NCS) is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career related services to the citizens of India. It works towards bridging the gap be
28 Recruitment of Faculty Vacancy in IIM Visakhapatnam 2020#Faculty & Teaching18 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Faculty Vacancy in IIM Visakhapatnam 2020
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV), Andhra Pradesh invites applications from outstanding academicians, with proven credentials in teaching and research at management schools of repute in India/abroad for Recruitment of Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy 2020 under special recruitment drive for OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PWD category candidates.
31 Clerk and MTS Recruitment in Birbal Sahni Institute 2020 #Sarkari Naukri24 Days Remaining for Apply Application on the prescribed format for the following Administrative Government Job vacancy posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) in Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany (BSIP), Lucknow ( Advertisement no.BSIP/Rec./09/2020).
BSIP Clerk and MTS Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
Lower Division Clerk (LDC) : 07 vacancies (03 for UR, 01 for EWS, 02 for OBC, 01 for SC) The scale of Pay: Level-02 ₹19900–63200, Age: 18-25 years.
33 ICMR Scientist-B vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research3 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India will conduct a computer-based examination on 01/11/2020 for recruitment of various Scientist-B (Medical/Non-Medical) vacancy posts and hence invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-B in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/SC-B/2020)
ICMR Scientist-B Recruitmen ...
34 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 10/2020 #UPSC2 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 01/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty (Assistant Professor) and Assistant Director (Statistics - Census Operations etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 10/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Advt. No. 10/2020 Vacancies
36 Bank of India Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020-21#Bank1 Days Remaining for Apply Bank of India Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020-21 - Bank of India (BoI), a Public Sector Banks recruits Officers in various streams up to Scale-IV under Recruitment Project No. 2020-21/2 and invites online applications on prescribed format from Indian Citizens for the Recruitment of following 214 Specialist Officers Government Job vacancy posts in different disciplines/specialties for its various offices across India for the year 2020-21.
BoI Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020 Vacancie ...
43 Research Officer Recruitment in IOCL R&D Centre Faridabad#Jobs24 Days Remaining for Apply Research Officer Recruitment in IOCL R&D Centre Faridabad
IOCL-Research Officer Recruitment 2020
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), has its Research and Development (R&D) Centre at Faridabad near Delhi. Indian Oil R&D Centre Faridabad is looking for energetic and dedicated PhDs for recruitment as Research Officer/Research Manager in the R&D Centre in various research areas. IOC R&D centre invites online application on prescribed format ...