Petrol and diesel prices set fresh highs as fuel rates were increased further on Tuesday. A litre of petrol was being sold in New Delhi for Rs. 80.87, in Kolkata for Rs.83.75, in Mumbai for Rs. 88.26, and in Chennai for Rs. 84.07, according to the largest fuel retailer, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC). Diesel was being sold at the rate of Rs.72.97/ litre in New Delhi, Rs. 75.82/ litre in Kolkata, Rs.77.47/ litre in Mumbai, and Rs. 77.15/ litre in Chennai.
On Monday, Andhra Pradesh government announced a reduction of tax on petrol and diesel by Rs. 2 a litre.
On Sunday, poll-bound Rajasthan slashed the tax on petrol and diesel. Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje announced a 4 per cent reduction which brought the prices of the two commodities down by Rs. 2.5 per litre in the state.
The Centre currently levies a total excise duty of Rs. 19.48 per litre of petrol and Rs. 15.33 per litre on diesel. On top of this, states levy Value Added Tax (VAT) -- the lowest being in Andaman and Nicobar Islands where 6 per cent sales tax is charged on both the fuels.
Petrol and diesel rates are revised on a daily basis by oil-marketing companies, after considering global crude oil rates and the movement of the rupee against the US dollar. The rupee has been plunging to hit fresh lows almost every day this month and has sunk 11.6 per cent so far against the dollar this year.
In the global markets, US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures were at $67.61 per barrel at 0112 GMT or 6:42 am IST, up 7 cents from their last settlement, according to a report by news agency Reuters. Brent crude futures climbed 11 cents to $77.48 a barrel.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Last 6 years of Modi Government witnessed historic rise in MSP: Dr Jitendra Singh Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said today that the during the last 6 years of Modi Government, a number of historic steps were taken for welfare of farmers and there was a steady hike in MSP for helping in doubling their income. Interacting with Sarpanches, BDC Chairmen, Farmers Organisations and local activists of the peripheral hill districts of Doda, Reasi, Ramban and Kishtwar on the new Farm Laws enacted by the Centre, Dr. Jitendra Singh reiterated that the minimum support price (MSP) and APMC (Agr
2. Centre Likely to Announce Unlock 5 Guidelines Today: What to Expect in Next Phase of Unlocking? Unlock 5 Guidelines: With the Unlock 4 coming to an end, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is likely to announce guidelines for Unlock 5 today with new relaxations for the next phase of the lockdown.
In its earlier announcement, the MHA had allowed Metro trains to resume services across the country.
To further revive the economy, the Centre is expected to ease more restrictions in the coming days and activities would slowly be allowed in areas outside the conta
3. Issuance Calendar for Marketable Dated Securities for October 2020 - March 2021 To enable institutional and retail investors plan their investments efficiently and provide transparency and stability to the Government securities market, an indicative calendar for issuance of Government dated securities for the second half of the fiscal year 2020-21 (October 01, 2020 to March 31, 2021) has been prepared in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India.
As evident from the calendar, the second half borrowing programme of the Government of India is expected to be completed
4. BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile featuring indigenous Booster and Airframe Section along with many other ‘Made in India’ sub-systems was successfully flight tested for designated range at 1030 hours today on September 30, 2020 from ITR, Balasore in Odisha. It is one more major step in enhancing the indigenous content.
The BrahMos Land-Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) was cruising at a top speed of Mach 2.8.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh congratulated all
5. IREDA opens branch office in Mumbai
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) has opened its third branch office in the country in Mumbai for facilitation of its customer, borrowers and other stakeholders. The Agency, a Mini Ratna (Category– I) Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) already has two branc
7. Single Window System The Central Government is working on setting up a Single Window System for clearances and approvals of industry in the country. Despite the presence of several IT platforms for investing in India such as in departments of the Government of India and State Single Window Clearances, investors need to visit multiple platforms to gather information and obtain clearances from different stakeholders. To address this, the creation of a centralized Investment Clearance Cell which would provide e
8. Illegal Transfer of Defence Land In cases of attempts of illegal transfer based on the nature and circumstances of the case, FIRs/criminal cases have been filed against the sellers/purchasers, Courts have been approached to set aside such transactions. Competent Revenue authorities have also been approached for not effecting mutation of such transactions. Such transactions are not recognised and no mutation in defence land records are effected.
To prevent such incidences in future, the following steps are taken:-
9. Illegal Occupation of Land in Cantonment Region During the year 2018, 2019 and in 2020 (upto 31.08.2020), 7.586 acres of defence land inside cantonment under the management of Defence Estate Organization have been detected as encroached by the residents. Out of above, defence land measuring 4.11 acres have got freed from encroachment during the same period.
The illegal occupation of defence land may cause difficulties in Municipal administration viz. Providing water supply, sanitation and other municipal facilities.
11. Shramik and Special Train Services To prevent the spread COVID-19 pandemic, Ministry of Railways discontinued all passenger services immediately after introduction of the national lockdown. Thereafter, keeping in view the requirement of movement of stranded persons Shramik specials were organized in a mission mode. These Shramik specials were operated as “trains on demand” as and when State Governments requisitioned these trains in accordance with the protocol and guidelines issued by the Government. Starting from 01.05.2020 u
12. Steps taken to ensure safety of healthcare and other health workers of hospitals Hospitals and dispensaries being a State subject, no data is maintained in the Union Government about Safai Karmacharis, who have died due to health and safety hazards related cleaning hospitals and medical waste during Covid-19 pandemic.
States were asked to constitute Infection Prevention and Control Committees. Hospitals were also to identify a nodal officer who will monitor the healthcare workers and review their exposure status. High risk exposures are placed under quarantine for 7 days. B
13. Cabinet approves Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar- Kharkhauda The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval to the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda.
This Rail Line will start from Palwal and end at existing Harsana Kalan station (On Delhi-Ambala section). This will also give connectivity enroute to existing Patli Station (On Delhi-Rewari line), Sultanpur station (On Garhi Harsaru-Farukhnagar Line) and Asaudha Station (On D
14. Extension of deadlines for various compliances under Companies Act
After considering the various representations of stakeholders and the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, in order to facilitate defaulting companies to make a fresh start on a clean slate by filing documents required to be filed under the Companies Act, 2013 and Rules made thereunder on the MCA21 registry, the Ministry vide General Circular no.12/2020 dated 30.03.2020, launched a scheme named “Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020 (CFSS-2020)” condoning the delay in timely filing of the Annu
15. Representation in Panchayats ‘Panchayat’, being “Local government”, is a State subject and part of State list of Seventh Schedule of Constitution of India. Clause (3) of Article 243D of the Constitution ensures participation of women in Panchayati Raj Institutions by mandating not less than one- third reservation for women out of total number of seats to be filled by direct election and number of offices of chairpersons of Panchayats. As per the information available with the Ministry, 20 States namely A
16. Government receives large number of suggestions on proposed mining reforms There is no proposal to make illegal mining as legal. The Mines ministry has clarified this today. Ministry of Mines had circulated the proposed reforms in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) (MMDR) Act, 1957 with different Central Government Ministries /Departments and also to the State Government for comments / suggestions.
Further, in order to give wide publicity to the proposed reforms, as per Pre-Legislative Consultation Poli
17. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
18. MSP for MFP Scheme has Successfully Strengthened Tribal Economy; Infusing more than Rs 3000 Crore in the Past Few Months! One bright spot in this turbulent and challenging year has been therecord procurement of MFPs under the MSP for MFP Schemein 16 states which has now touchedRs. 148.12 crores.This is the highest-ever in terms of the number of MFPs, the total value of procurement and the number of states involved, since the implementation of the scheme. With this, the total procurement for the year (both Government and private trade) crossed more than Rs3000 crores, proving to be a much needed panacea in these distressing
19. Corporatisation of OFB The Cabinet Committee on Security in its meeting held on 29.07.2020, has approved to convert Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), a subordinate office of Ministry of Defence, into one or more than one 100% Government owned corporate entities, registered under the Companies Act 2013.
The Corporatisation of OFB will improve its autonomy, accountability and efficiency in Ordnance Supplies.
The Government has taken note of the strike by workers of OFB against the proposed corporatisation and the
20. President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind virtually conferred the National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards for the year 2018-19 today The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovindvirtually conferred the National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards for the year 2018-19 on 24th September, 2020 from Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi today. UnionMinister of Youth Affairs and SportsShri Kiren Rijijuattended the ceremony from Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi. The National Service Scheme (NSS) Award for the year 2018-19 was given to 42 awardees in 3 different categories like University/ +2 Council, NSS Units and their Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers. Secreta
22. Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States: Dr. Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said in a written reply in Lok Sabha that Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States.
Under this Mission, for promotion of bamboo products, 172 processing units for value addition of Bamboo, 97 primary processing units for Management of Bamboo waste
24. Steps to Revive Aviation Industry amid Covid-19 Pandemic All efforts have been made to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the aviation sector. Some of the measures taken to support the aviation sector include inter-alia:
1. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, domestic air services have been restarted in a calibrated manner. Initially only one third (33%) of the summer schedule 2020 was allowed to be operated which was subsequently increased to 45% on 26 Jun 2020 and then to 60% on 02 Sep 2020.
30 ICMR Scientist-B vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research1 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India will conduct a computer-based examination on 01/11/2020 for recruitment of various Scientist-B (Medical/Non-Medical) vacancy posts and hence invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-B in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/SC-B/2020)
ICMR Scientist-B Recruitmen ...
31 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 10/2020 #UPSC0 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 01/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty (Assistant Professor) and Assistant Director (Statistics - Census Operations etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 10/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Advt. No. 10/2020 Vacancies