PC-CD Spring 1997 - PowerMac Later
IT'S MURDER ON THE STREETS
Road Rage At It's Finest
CARMAGEDDON, SCi's new state-of-the-art 3D driving game, is set to crash into Europe early next year. Pit you wits and wheels against 25 other dememted maniacs through 5 totally different environments in you quest to become the King of Carnage and Prince of Pile-up!
Carefull Drivers Not Welcome
CARMAGEDDON is more than just your average racing game. You are actively encouraged to destroy you contestents' vehicles(and pedestrians) on the track, awarding the victorious driver with credits, depending on the extent of the damage inflicted. These credits can then be exchanged for automatic damage repair to you car or better and more deadly features when you visist the parts shop. Alternatively you can "hard shoulder" your opponent, leave your twisting smouldering wreck on the kerb side and steal the other driver's vehicle.. now that's part exchange with a difference!
- Multiplayer network play. There's nothing better than being nasty to people you know!
- The most accurate car physics yet seen in a video game. with relistic chassis suspension and dynamic collision damage, and allowing player to execute hand-brake turns, barrel rolls and wheelies.
- 5 different race environments to race in with complete freedom of movement to roam wherever your heart desires.
- Rave against 25 other drivers, easch with their own particular brand of motor madness, driving their own unique vehicle, from blade infested dragster to supercharged tank, and possessing an Artifical Intelligence that means they'll remember who jacked their car up around their ears in the last race.
- User definable, intelligent cinematic camera angles allow you to see you deranged progress in all its metal rending, wheel screeching glory.
- Structured ranking system allowing the player to work their way up from 99th to 1st place. Progression up the ranks allows you to take part in even more dangerous races and have access to even greayer power-ups from the parts shop.
- Bored with the car your driving? Why not exchange you credits for greater power-ups and features in the parts shop, or better still, ram an opponent and steal their car.. the decision is yours!