European Laboratory for
Lab - News -
Activities - Physics -
Other Subjects -
Welcome to the European Laboratory for
Particle Physics, located near
CERN is the birthplace of the
The WWW support team
provides a set of Services
to the physics experiments and the lab.
Divisions, groups and activities
Scientific Information Service (Library and Archives),
Microcosm exhibition ,
Safety guide for experiments,
Recruitment and Vacancies,
Clubs and Associations.
(phone & email, services & people),
Alice (library and preprints catalogue),
Preprint Server, other directories.
- Agenda and News:
News from the Users' Office,
internal CERN newsgroups.
- CERN-JINR European School of High-Energy Physics 1997, Menstrup, near Naestved, Denmark 25 May - 7 June 1997
- Results of Library Survey, the result of the survey run in May/June is now ready
- Symposium on Cryogenics in Science and Industry, hosted and supported by CERN, under the auspices of ICEC
- CERN Accelerator School, training for accelerator physicists and engineers twice a year.
- Change of French Phone numbers, On Friday 18 October, all phone numbers in France get an extra digit
- 1996 Nobel Prize in Physics, Professor David M. Lee,Professor Douglas D. Osheroff and Professor Robert C. Richardson
- New President of CERN Council, Professor Luciano Maiani is new President of CERN Council
- Older News, Hot News (older items)
- Windows NT users group, --
Proton Synchrotron (PS), Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS),
Large Electron Positron (LEP) Collider and other Accelerator Information.
The current on-line state of the machines: accelerators, detectors etc.
Computing and Network (CN) Division provides information on Computing
facilities at CERN.
List of CERN's experiments, including the LEP, North- and West Area
The Large Electron-Positron Collider, CERN's big accelerator.
The Large Hadron Collider, approved to become
CERN's next big accelerator.
- Research and Development
Information on the research and development for LHC and its experiments.
- Systems and Services
Information on services (hardware as well as software) offered
to the divisions and experiments of CERN.
- Technology and Industry
Technological upportunities for Industry.
- Theoretical physics
Information about the theoretical physics division at CERN.
- Associated Projects
Projects related to CERN.
schools, workshops, etc.
High-Energy Physics Laboratories
around the world,
Physics web info.
- Other Servers:
Particle Data Group server.
Non Physics Conferences.
CERN WWW Service,
General WWW info.
Thu Nov 14 17:08:39 MET 1996, CERN WWW Service
Copyright CERN 1995 -- European Laboratory for Particle Physics