Netscape proudly announces
Netscape Navigator 2.0, a major new release of the world's most popular Internet client, bringing Web exploration, email, newsgroups, chat, and FTP capabilities together in a seamlessly integrated package. It provides a superior platform for live online applications, supporting Live Objects and other interactive multimedia content such as Java applets, frames, and Netscape inline plug-ins.
This Netscape Server site is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 2.0. To see for yourself, download Netscape Now!
- Multimedia Performance - View rich multimedia content and enjoy enhanced performance thanks to a host of new features including client-side image mapping, Progressive JPEG support, GIF animation, and support for multiple streaming of video, audio, and other data formats.
- Integrated email - New full-featured and rich email capabilities enable you to read and send email messages without launching an external email application.
- Integrated Newsgroups - Sort, read, and post newsgroup messages in fully threaded hierarchical windows.
- FTP File Upload - Now you can conveniently drop off files at an FTP server for exchange with others.
- Bookmarks - They're much easier to use and peruse thanks to a host of new features like aliases and hierarchical menus.
- Frames - New frames provide simpler navigation and greater flexibility in Internet-site design, allowing developers to divide the page or screen into regions containing way-finding information such as tables of contents, static information such as banners and ledges and changing information such as display panels.
- Inline Plug-ins - Plug-ins allow rich multimedia content to be incorporated into Internet sites and integrated into the Netscape Navigator platform, including Apple QuickTime movies, Adobe Acrobat PDF documents and Macromedia Director presentations.
- Java Applets - Netscape Navigator 2.0 supports Java applets, powerful and secure interactive objects created in a Web-optimized language, which can enable animation, live updating, and two-way interaction. Enter your Java applets in Sun's Java Cup International.
- Other Important Enhancements - Automatic proxy configurations and OLE support.
Corporate Sales: 415/937-2555; Personal Sales: 415/937-3777; Federal Sales: 415/937-3678
If you have any questions, please visit Customer Service.
Copyright © 1996 Netscape Communications