The alluring odour of last week's pizza lies heavy in the air.
Antennae strain and agony etches lines of pain into the faces of the
cockroaches. With monumental effort, these warriors raise the flag
above the carnage in the pepperoni.
This is Battle Bugs. A game of military strategy where insect troops
rage across tabletops and storm junk food targets. Standing in their
way are legions of enemy troops, armed to the teeth. You - and your
battle strategy must guide your troops to glory. Will your armada of
spiders cross the cola lake in time to save the flag? Will the suicide
run of a kamikazee mosquito take out the praying mantis? At what
price will victory be achieved?
Each level starts with a tongue-in-cheek battle scene showing your
troops lined up against the enemy troops. Early levels are ''boot
camp'' tutorials. Later levels progress from easy to very difficult.
Become ''Napoleant'' of the insect world to take on the hardest
levels. There are 22 different bug types and the levels on which the
battle take place are constructed from 6 separate sets (Worlds).
The objective in each level is to defeat all the enemy bugs or to
conquer the food objective. All levels have a time limit in which the
puzzle must be solved. After each level you will have the option of
inspecting the battlefield or depending upon whether you won or not,
moving onward or repeating the battle. After a level is won, you will
be rewarded with a victory celebration. Continue to win battles and
you will be honoured by Queen Elizabug herself!
- Command 22 different insects each with their own abilities for battle.
- Watch humorous military briefings, victory celebrations and parodies.
- Challenge the computer or a friend in over 55 missions.
- A game of military strategy where insect troops rage across table tops and battle for junk food.
- Environment - Runs under Dos and Windows
- Sound - Full digitised sound effects and speech. Supports all major
- Graphics - Supports windows 640*480 and 800*600 with vesa driver
- Strategy - Attack in groups, sacrifice bugs for overall victory, use
- Model - Game is played on a level larger than the screen - Special
scrolling feature to view the entire battlefield
- Armies - More than 20 different bug types with varying special
- Help - Special channel-changing TV set for help on insect abilities,
hot keys, save, restore etc
- Bug Commands - Dozens of strategic bug commands including :
Travel a certain line, pursue and attack, stand fast, adjust defensive
perimeter, select bomb, drop bomb, walk, fly, hop, jump, and many
- Two Player Mode
Can be played against the computer or set to two player mode
Orders - Each player is allocated pause time to issue commands to
troops, action can be paused at any time in order to issue new
orders (until time runs out)
Handicap - Opportunity to alter the pause time allocated for each
player in order to handicap expert players and give novices a
Draw - If neither player can win the battle in the time allowed a draw
- PC GAMER:
''Original and funny. Great graphics and stunning sound''
- PC HOME:
''One of those novel concepts that you think won't work, but it
- PC POWER:
''This truly is one of those few games that really deserves to be
played by everyone and anyone.''
- GAMES WORLD MAGAZINE:
''Exquisitely detailed and extremely funny. A fantastic game.''
- PC FORMAT:
''Amusing Idea. Detailed high-res graphics and cute sound
- PC HOME:
''A definite thinkers game only - highly stimulating''
- PC POWER:
''This whole game is lovely. It's original, disturbingly addictive and
absorbing and a great big barrel of fun.''
- Requires :
Msdos 5.0 or better, 386-20 or better
4 MB Ram, Hard Disk, Mouse, VGA
- Recommended :
- For CD-ROM version :
Double speed CD-ROM drive
- Supports :
Soundblaster, Pro-Audio Spectrum, Adlib