Welcome to the Python Language Home Page
Last modified: Thu Jun 5 09:34:18 EDT 1997
- What is Python?
- Python is free and
non-proprietary. Help to keep it that way
by joining the Python Software Activity. You
can also support the PSA by ordering Python
books via our web page.
- You may get more responsive access to this material on one
of the Python mirror
Table of Contents
- News and Announcements
- Python Software
- Python Documentation
- Python Software Activity
- Mirror Sites (offpage)
News and Announcements
- There is now an official
the Python logo collection for
this and other versions. (Added 06/04/97.)
The Sixth International Python
- PythonWin 1.0 is out! (Python for Windows 95 and NT.)
- The final version of Grail 0.3 has been released. (Added 05/07/97.)
- Python in the News
Python is showing up on newsstands, far and wide!
- O'Reilly is publishing a Japanese translation of Programming Python.(Added 21-May-1997.)
- Junichi Suzuki
will be writing a series of seven articles for the
Japanese edition of Doctor Dobb's Journal.
- Prior news.
- How to get Python core sources
(everything you need to build Python on any Unix system)
- Pre-built binaries for selected
- Macintosh ports
- DOS and Windows ports:
- Contributed software on
- Pointers to Python software
around the net
- See also Grail, an
Internet browser written in Python and capable of downloading
applets written in Python. Grail currently runs on Unix only,
though Mac and windows ports are underway.
- A short introduction
- The full scoop on Python documentation.
- Info about Python
discussion forums (including good places to ask
- Pointers to Python guides, hints,
etc., around the net.
- Frequently Asked Questions ("the
- Python compared to other
- There are now three books on
Python - two in English and one in German (and one of
the english books is being translated to japanese...)
The Python Software Activity (PSA)
- Support the PSA!
- Members of the PSA
- Workshops (past, present and future)
- Mailing lists and newsgroups
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Who else uses Python?
- Python-based projects under way or
- The original python.org server machine was donated by
Paul Everitt and Digital
- Python is hosted by the Corporation for National Research
Initiatives (CNRI) in Reston, Virginia. CNRI is providing the
current python.org host.
- Graphic design by Just van
Rossum, Letterror (implemented and modified by Guido van Rossum -
For comments on this web page, send email to