PacComm '320' Series
Dual-modem HF/VHF Packet Controller
The PacComm '320' series consists of two dual-modem HF/VHF
packet controller models.The units share many features, including
excellent HF packet performance.
The PC-320 is configured as a 3/4 size
plug-in card for PCs and compatibles.
The TNC-320 is a conventional stand-alone
Features Common to Both 320 Series Models
- Separate modem circuits for optimum VHF and HF operation
- Uses the EXAR 2206/2211 PLL modem and 6 pole active
filter for superb HF operation. Excellent HF carrier
detection performance. The HF modem filter may be
bypassed and the modem retuned to support VHF tones
- Expanded auxiliary modem header supports PacComm's G3RUH
9600/19200 baud modem and PSK-1 satellite modem
- Radio port selection is by a single keyboard command
which also selects a separate heard log, radiolink and
many other parameters
- The AX.25 firmware uses the TAPR command set with
numerous additional commands to support PacComm features
and enhancements. Supports TCP/IP via the built-in KISS
- Personal Message System (PMS) with manual and reverse
forwarding. The PMS allows the packet controller to
support all standard packet functions while allowing
messages to be entered or read by an over-the-air user.
- PMS message space expandable to 128k via installation of
the PacComm Memory Expansion
- Each unit comes with a comprehensive Operating/ Technical
Reference Manual, a Command Reference Card, and a circuit
schematic. Mating connectors for the RS-232 computer
connector (TNC-320 only) and the radio and power
connectors are provided.
PC-320 PC Packet
- Extensive filtering for quiet operation.
- Appears as regular PC serial port (COM 1-4). Multiple
PC-320 cards may be installed in a PC
- Uses any terminal program, just like an external TNC
- TSR Program provides on-screen tuning and 'simulated LED'
- Dual powered - operates from PC power or external power.
Continues full operation even when the PC is turned off!
- 257x106x16 mm
- Nine pin (DE-9S) radio connector allows both HF and VHF
radios to always remain connected.
- Options: Dual radio cable, Hardware clock, External power
supply, Open Squelch DCD, 9600 BPS DFM model.
- The TNC-320 front panel features a horizontal LED
bargraph HF tuning display, HF threshold
- control and 14 multicolored status LEDs grouped for
- LEDs display activity on the RS-232 TTL data in and data
- The TNC-320 requires 12-16 volts DC at 280 mA. The 'low
power' option reduces current draw to I
- 50 mA.
- Options: Hardware clock, Open Squelch D(CD adapter, 9600
BPS DFM modem.
Request for Information firstname.lastname@example.org
Take me back to PacComm
This page has had 1398 accesses.
Any questions regarding this page should go to
Last updated: Tuesday, 24-Jun-97 14:18:03 EDT