It is a matter of perspective! Mindware percieves the century change as an opportunity for organizations to classify, categorize and inventory all the resources in the Information Technology infrastructure which is quite possibly one of the most critical assets in an enterprise. The collection of this information alone is reason enough to turn this challenge into an opportunity.
However, a word of caution: changing your applications to accomodate the turn of the century is not a simple exercise. It is perhaps one of the most daunting projects you will ever undertake. It will span the entire spectrum of your organization while being complicated due to the magnitude of the effort, complex project management, maintenance control, quality assurance and finally, Year 2000 compliance.
Most companies do not know the extent of their Year 2000 problem. It might be a small project which could be done in less than a year or the project may be so large that there is not enough time or resources available to make the end date (December 31, 1999).
Mindware does not minimize or exaggerate the magnitude or the complexity of the effort, but we can - by being your partner and implementing the Mindware 2000 solution - make it manageable.
To avoid the turn-of-the century crisis you must act decisively and you must act now. Making your systems Year 2000 compliant requires cost effective and creative solutions, a fine tuned methodology, software tools developed to deal with the complex issues of conversion and Year 2000 compliance, a factory assembly line approach to provide productivity and consistency in the deliverables, strong project management and quality assurance and low risk.
Mindware 2000 - The method that cures.
Which of these requirements do you think is most important? You do not have to make this decision because by choosing Mindware as your partner you will get them all.
Mindware views Century Date Conversion as a management issue - not just as another technical or maintenance requirement. We have done an extensive analysis of the impact of the century change on software applications to arrive at the Mindware 2000 Solution which was designed to do one thing well - prepare your business for the next century.
Mindware 2000 - Steps to Success
- Impact Analysis and Assessment - sizing and understanding the problem
- Pilot Project - tuning the methodology, software and conversion strategy
- Conversion and first level testing - making the application Y2K compliant
- Year-2000 Compliance Testing - ensuring your success in the next century
- Change Control - final prepration for the production environment
- Implementation - production and compliance
Mindware 2000 - Key Features
- Flexible and creative solutions designed to meet your needs
- Defined entry and exit criteria for each phase
- On-site, Off-site or Off-shore
- Incorporates ISO 9001 standards for Quality Management
- Factory, assembly line and production oriented
- Customized for remote support
- Mature and proven methodology
- Virtual organization
- Aggressive delivery schedules
- On-site support with off-site or off-shore conversion
- Strong project management and quality assurance
- Low Risk - Fixed Price and Schedule
Mindware 2000 WorkbenchAn integrated environment of various tools.
- Interview Manager:
This is a tool to capture/analyze the information of the Enterprise during the interview process.
- Language Parser:
The Language Parser parses the program source modules depending on the grammar of the programming language.
- Impact Analyzer:
This tool evaluates relationships amongst variables & populate the database for complete application.
- Impact Reporter:
Impact Reporter generates reports based on the Impacted date fields.
- Query Wizard:
Query Wizard is a tool to extract information from the InfoBase.
Converter translates the programs identified in the Impact Analyzer.
- Automated Unit Test Tool:
This generates random test data & tests the impacted & translated code.
This is a tool used to compare two different files. Files can be text (ASCII, EBCDIC)/Binary (data) files.
- Source Synchronizer:
This is used for automatic merging of two source branches, evaluate the differences & generates a file where changes from both are included.
- Rules Manager:
This is not a visible tool. The Rules Manager provides an easy means of defining rules.
- Data Converter:
This tool generates COBOL program to do data conversions by identifying the impacted date fields and selectively expanding it.
- Date/Time Subroutines:
These are subroutines developed in COBOL, PL/I and Assembler to convert Dates from/to in various formats.
- Time Traveler:
This tool will be used to generate test pack for Year 2000 compliant test, by advancing the date fields to some future dates.
- Experience in Delivery of Mission Critical Projects
- Mature Methodology and Tools
- State-of-the-Art Offshore Facilities
- Global Track Record for Successful Delivery of Projects
- Good Understanding of CASE based development
- Dedicated Manpower, H/W, S/W for CASE Projects
- One of the LARGEST IT Organizations
- Consistent Growth History - Globally
- Fixed fee, Aggressive time frames, significant cost savings
- Ongoing support
MINDWARE'S PROPOSITIONOptions: On-site, on-site/off-site, on-site/offshore
- Dedicated Software Lab - Offsite
- Dedicated Manpower, H/W, S/W
- Dedicated office space and connectivity
- Mindware resources on-site and off-site
- Your resources off-site
- Fixed fee, risk management -share the risks and rewards
- Project Management, Resource Management
CONTACT INFORMATIONIn USA:
Mr. Jim Zeller,
Executive Vice President
Mindware ( Conversion Services Divison )
801 W. Bay Dr. Suite 605
Largo, Florida 33770
Tel: +1 813-585-4755
Fax: +1 813-585-4436
Mr. Atish Dasgupta,
Vice President, Marketing.
Mindware ( PCL Software Exports Divison )
4th Floor, Shivshankar Plaza, 19, Lalbagh Road,
Bangalore - 560 027. INDIA.
Tel:- +91-80-224 0087, 227 3215, 227 3349
Fax:- +91-80-227 3286
Vist our Home Page at www.mindware-pcl.com