Revolution Software is proud to present "Broken Sword - the Smoking Mirror" the second game in the Broken Sword series.
"Broken Sword - the Smoking Mirror" sees intrepid adventurer's George Stobbart and Nico Collard embroiled in a whole new mystery. On their quest, they will do battle with a deadly crime syndicate and an ancient Mayan cult, intent on destroying mankind. As with "Broken Sword - the Shadow of the Templars" George and Nico's adventure takes them around the world on a journey where death and danger lurk around every corner...
- Many more puzzles
- Faster pace of gameplay
- Refined user interface
- Double click on exits to leave the location instantly
- Character control swapping
- Shadows - characters walk through graduated shadows which give 16 levels of translucency.
- Transparency - characters are affected by walking behind smoke, glass and other translucent materials. Again 16 levels of translucency.
- Geometric sprite transformation - as sprites are sized, their features are retained - so for example, a characters face stays clear as the sprite is shrunk rather than pixellating.
- Alpha blending - The edges of characters are alpha blended which has the effect of anti aliasing the line. This blends the sprites with the background giving a much better feel to the characters.
- Multiple layers - up to four large parallax layers all multi planing.
- Increased suport for lower spec machines, including machines with slow CDROM drives and limited hard drive space.
- Support for hardware accelerated video cards
- Many refinements to the PSX version to decrease CD loading times
Broken Sword 2 links:
coming soon webzine
Download the Smoking Mirror PC rolling demo! zips/MIRROR.EXE (this file is 9MB long)
In conjuction with magazine Revolution present the Broken Sword 2 WWW playable demo!
PC release schedule:
- USA: 14th October
- all other territories should now be available
PSX versions will become available November 1997