What we consider wrong with the current Adversarial system:
- It is not in the best interest of the child for one parent to have sole custody
- The current system encourages a war like atmosphere, where both parents are left to
argue as to who will "win" the child.
- This win / lose situation is forced upon the parents by the Adversarial system that
insists on a winner and a loser
- The child always loses under this system
- Parents can only look "so Good", as a parent, after all there is a limit as to
how good a parent you can be
- The usual tactic is to berate and slander the other parents character in order to
- This encourages and fuels hostility and animosity.
- Because of a reluctance to enforce purgery laws, and because different rules of evidence
seem to apply to Family Courts, a "free for all" slanging match is encouraged by
- This sets an atmosphere rife with false allegations of Domestic Violence and False
Sexual Abuse Allegations, just to ensure an advantage.
- False allegations, that are motivated by this adversarial system are not healthy for the
individuals concerned, nor for society, as they have an effect of trivialising the real
cases, as society becomes more and more sceptical
- This increased hostility is a direct result of the court process, and unfortunately
pushes some over the brink to either suicide or murder, as society has unfortunately been
- This ensured increased hostility boils over into the childrens relations with
- The unco-operative parent is rewarded for any increase in animosity due to frustrated
access / contact, as the Courts deem that the animosity that has been created, now makes
joint custody unworkable.
- Children are subjected to intrusive and abusive medical examinations to clear false
sexual abuse allegations
- This takes place under the banner of the "childs best interests".
- Once a parent has been substantially and chronically removed from the childs life,
so too is that whole extended family.
- Children miss out on the love of Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.
- The costs of Lawyers, solicitors and Barristers
- Complexity of legislation and procedures
- Delays in having case heard
- Judges are largely unaccountable and can make decisions outside their realm of
competence and qualification.
- Judges are allowed to make decisions about the children that are normally reserved for
the parents (for eg schooling, religion etc)
To contact us ring 015 129411
or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Previous | Top
| Home | Next ]