Composition of the Statewide Network
LEGAL's Statewide Network will be broken up into nine different areas represented by a heirarchy of coordinators.
Those nine "areas" will be:
The Statewide Network will be coordinated by the Statewide Coordinator.
- Capital Area
- New Orleans
The Statewide Coordinator will:
Each area will be coordinated by an Area Coordinator.
- represent the state through Area Coordinators to the Executive Director,
- coordinate with the Executive Director response to legislation,
- advise the Executive Director, and
- report to the Executive Director on progress being made within the State.
The Area Coordinator will:
Each area will contain several House and Senate districts each of which will be coordinated in turn by a District Coordinator.
- represent his/her area through District Coordinators,
- coordinate response with the Statewide Coordinator to legislation within his/her area,
- advise his/her Statewide Coordinator, and
- report to his/her Statewide Coordinator on progress being made within the Area.
The District Coordinator will:
Each House and Senate District will be represented by as many Legislative Contacts as the District Coordinator is able to identify.
- represent his/her district through Legislative Contacts,
- coordinate response with the Area Coordinator to legislation within his/her district,
- advise his/her Area Coordinator, and
- report to his/her Area Coordinator on progress being made within the District.
The Legislative Contact will:
- contact his/her legislator(s) regarding legislation targeted by LEGAL,
- advise his/her District Coordinator, and
- report to his/her District Coordinator on progress being made with his/her legislator(s).