Betty is the new server-side architecture in Frontier 5.1.
- It's built around the concept of Responders. A new place to plug things in.
- The interface to Responders is very high level and open.
- Like Java servlets, but built around a powerful integrated object storage system and outliner.
- Fully backward compatible with the Frontier 4 CGI framework.
- We've already built a bunch of Responders to serve all kinds of stuff.
Goals for the new framework
- Serve files from the native file system.
- Serve text and binary data from Frontier's object database.
- Implement RPC thru XML via HTTP.
- Implement standard W3C and IETF server functions.
- Connect Frontier's website framework to an HTTP interface.
Tour of the website