WCW Nitro - 6/15/98
- What's up? My name is whacko23. Since I found out that Wade couldn't do the Nitro report because of trouble, I decided to type this Nitro summary. (This week Nitro's from Uniondale, NY. I don't think Uniondale's in the NY Metro area. Everyone makes references about being back in NYC.)
- The announcers talk about who's Sting's partner is to share the Tag Team titles. Larry Zybysko says the only logical partner would be Lex Luger.
- Match #1--Public Enemy def. Barbarian and Hugh Morrus in a "New York Streetfight" with garbage cans and other trash. Jimmy Hart was suplexed and slammed into the table.
- Interview w/ Macho Madness about making a challenge to Roddy Piper (for the trillionth time)
- Match #2--Chris Benoit def. Fit Finley. Basically, it was like the whuppin Finley received from Booker T. last night. Fans chanted "Finley Sucks" and "USA" (Benoit, as you know, is Canadian)
- After the match, Booker T. and Stevie Ray came to the ring. It seemed like Booker and Benoit want another match. Benoit says something about being there for Booker T. Stevie Ray is very upset and says that he is Booker's only partner. Then Stevie Ray slugged Benoit in the corner. Steve McMicheal came to the aid of Benoit. Booker T. restrained Stevie Ray and left the ring. The fans were chanting "We Want Flair" and the announcers don't acknowledge it. Benoit and McMicheal were giving the "4" sign.
- Mean Gene interviews DDP. DDP was at the NBA Finals yesterday. He talks about Karl Malone (Karl gave Diamond Cutter signs during the game) being his tag team partner and says that he wants Hogan and Rodman.
- Nitro Girls (as you would normally say during this time, 'Mmm...Spice') dance. Kimberly: glitter on her abs and some "big apples (more like melons)" to boot.
- Mean Gene (guess it's interview night) interviews Piper. His first line: "Start spreading the news, Nitro's hot!" He talks about Savage (for the trillionth time). Piper wants to be the referee of the cage match between DDP and Savage.
- Match #3--The NWO's Japanese duo (Masa Chono and Tenzan, wearing black and white) def. High Voltage (best tag team jobbers in the world). Bad match, enough said. More chants of "We Want Flair." Turned to Raw during this match.
- The announcers talk about the Sting and Giant's match at the G. A. B.
- The Wolfpac, minus Sting and Macho Man (Curt Henning and Rick Rude is NWO Hollywood), is in the ring. After some basic intros from Nash and Konnan, Nash introduces Sting. Sting talks about the crowd being pro-Wolfpac. Sting says he'll choose his partner when he and the mystery partner wrestles Harlem Heat. Sting finishes the interview by saying that any other choice he make would be just too SWEEEEET.
- The announcers talk about the Kanyon/Saturn match. Kanyon won and beats up Raven, who was disguised as Mortis.
- Match #4--Kanyon def. Sick Boy. Lodi sign: "No sign for Sick boy." The match was mostly Kanyon's offense, including a variation of the pancake slam and his flatliner (inverted Russian Leg Sweep)
- Henning and Rude are talking. Rude says that the reason that they turned black and white was because they were going where the money was (Hogan). Rude: "Konnan, I said I your back. Well, I had your back." Rude challenges Goldberg to a match with Goldberg. Henning talks about his history of betrayal in WCW (DDP, 4 Horsemen, Wolfpac). After that, Tony Schiavone talked the Golderg's 100(?) win in the G.A.B. while the crowd (or the P.A. system, if you've read an Internet rumor) chanted "Goldberg". There also a still of Henning in a NWO black and white shirt.
- Mean Gene interviews J.J. Dillon about the Cruiserweight situation. Gene talks about the fight between Malenko and Jericho (the fight went outside the arena). Dillon talks about who should deserve the belt. Dillon decides since Malenko DQ'ed in the match, Jericho won the match and the Cruiserweight title (which was vacant). Jericho comes out to blab about him being the champion. Dillon says that Jericho must defeat Malenko within 30 days in order to maintain the belt. When Jericho insults Malenko's dad, Malenko beat's the crap out of Jericho. The brawl went outside the arena again. During the fight, Malenko dumps Jericho in the trash can.
- Match #5--The Giant def. Chris Adams. Hey, the Giant is smoking a cigarette! The match took 20 seconds, with Adams giving a superkick to the smoking Giant. Giant turns around and gives Adams a choke slam. Giant pins Adams for the win. The Giant still has a cigarette in his mouth when he left the ring.
- The music plays "Voodoo Child" and Hogan "the REAL Booker" & Bischoff comes out with the Disciple following. As Hogan walks to the ring, he says the Nassau Colisseum is the house that he built. Hogan was talking the usual Hollywood talk, mainly talking about him and Rodzilla teaming up against DDP and Malone. Blah, blah, blah...
- More Nitro Girls.
- Hour #3 begins with Sting w/mystery partner def. Harlem Heat. Sting's partner is...Kevin Nash! Kevin Nash comes out and does a survey (Hollywood vs. Wolfpac; the fans decided Wolfpac). Nash says that if Henning doesn't want to be with the 'Pac, he's going to be hunted by the 'Pac. Booker T. and Sting to start off, and Sting gives Booker a hip toss and Booker rolls out of the ring. Booker gives Sting a forearm shot. Booker tags Stevie Ray. Stevie Ray pounds Sting. Stevie Ray gets a boot from Sting. Sting follows with a clothesline. Sting tags Nash. Nash punches Stevie Ray. Stevie Ray powerslams Nash. Commercial break starts. After the commercial, Stevie Ray tags Booker T with Sting beaten up. Booker misses a dropkick. Sting tags Nash. Nash slams Booker T. Nash tags Sting. Sting pummels Booker T. with an elbowdrop and a springboard slam. Sting tags in Nash (Sting and Nash are being a real tag team, Booker T. hasn't tagged Stevie Ray much). More tag team work by Sting & Nash as they beat Booker to the floor; Booker hasn't tagged yet. Sting missed a Stinger Splash, and Booker gives Sting the sidewalk slam. Booker finally tags Stevie Ray and Stevie Ray's giving Sting a butt-whuppin'. Stevie Ray gets overconfident by turning around to face Nash. Sting gets up and gives Stevie Ray a Scorpion Death Drop. Sting pins Stevie Ray and wins.
- The announcers talk about DDP, what happened at the end of last week's Nitro, and the upcoming cage match between DDP and Macho Man.
- An NWO announcement with Scott Steiner's new "movie fame". He hangs around the set of Hogan's new movie, a sequel to that "Nitro original" movie from a year back. After that, Bischoff "interviews" Steiner. Steiner compares NYC with LA. Steiner talks plugs his appearance in Hogan's "Thunder Island" sequel. Steiner says he fooled Mean Gene Okerlund. Steiner says that his brother, Rick, will never be in NWO Hollywood. Blah, blah, blah...
- More jiggly than Jello, here come the Nitro Girls!
- Match #7--DDP vs. Savage in a steel cage. Micheal Buffer is doing intros. Roddy Piper is introduced first as special guest referee. Savage is introduced, then DDP. No one had the clear advantage, but both have been thrown to the sides of the cage. In the end, things got crazy. First, Piper attacks DDP. The cage mysteriously opens a little. NWO Hollywood got into the ring and beat up all three. Then the Wolfpac tried to find a way to get in the cage, but it's locked. Kevin Nash then found a switch somewhere backstage to open the cage. Finally, the Wolfpac moved in to beat up NWO Hollywood. That's the show!
- Any replys to this Nitro Wrapup can be made to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.