May 1998 Issue
Panzer Dragoon Saga
- Size: 4 CD-ROMS
- Style: 1-Player Role-Playing
- Special Features: FMV Story Segments; Dragon Morphing; Flight & Walking Sequences; Creature Log Keeps Track of Enemies Killed; Mulitiple Endings
- Replay Value: Moderately High
- Created by: Team Andromeda for Sega
- Available: Now for Sega Saturn
Sega redefined what a shooter should be with Panzer Dragoon, and it has achieved the same feat with Panzer Dragoon Saga. This is easily the best RPG on the Saturn, and on 32 and 64-bit platforms only Final Fantasy VII tops it. Great graphics, an awesome story, beautiful sound, and a unique control interface set this game apart from the rest. The story attempts to close gaps left in the other games of the series and does the job nicely, all while creating new questions. Too bad the Saturn is dying, because all RPG fans should pick this game up. Fresh ideas for RPGs don't come along every day, and this is one of the most original in quite some time.
To get all the reviews and previews every month, take advantage of our special subscription offer now!
Search by System