Corel Launches CorelDRAW® 9 Premium Color Edition
Latest release is the only PC graphics suite to include fully color-managed creation and output capabilities
Ottawa, Canada August 31, 1999 Corel Corporation today announced the launch of a brand-new addition to its line of graphics applications—CorelDRAW® 9 Premium Color Edition. Along with the powerful, professional features implemented in the CorelDRAW 9 Graphics Suite, CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition delivers professional color management software from Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (Heidelberg).
Now on store shelves across North America, CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition is available for a suggested retail price of US $999 or CAN $1,550. CorelDRAW users and users of competitive graphics suites may upgrade to CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition for a suggested retail price of US $499 or CAN $775. Special pricing is available to registered CorelDRAW 9 Graphics Suite users. For more details, visit www.corel.com/draw9color. Prices are subject to change without notice. Dealers may sell for less.
CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition offers service bureaus, output centers and professional designers phenomenal control over their color quality, said Jim Orban, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Corel Corporation. This sophisticated suite offers Corels award-winning graphics software as well as intelligent color calibration technology from Heidelberg, the world leader in publishing components and systems.
In addition to the two main applicationsCorelDRAW 9 and Corel PHOTO-PAINT® 9CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition also includes the following:
- Heidelberg ColorOpen ICC LE: One of todays most innovative ICC color profiling solutions for prepress, Heidelbergs ColorOpen ICC LE features a trio of easy-to-use modules that help generate accurate color profiles for input, display and output devices. Users can generate ICC-compliant monitor profiles in minutes with the unique luminance sensor of ViewOpen ICC LE. Accurate Color Characterization lets users soft-proof using their monitor. This software can also create a color profile of a scanner with ScanOpen ICC LE, designed to work with the enclosed Agfa IT8 Scanner Target.
- Monitor luminance sensor: Used with Heidelberg ColorOpen ICC LE to create ICC profiles for monitors
- Agfa IT8 Scanner Target: Used with Heidelberg ColorOpen ICC LE to create ICC profiles for scanners
- Agfa publications: The Secrets of Color Management and From Design to Distribution in the Digital Age, in PDF format
- X-Rite publication: The COLOR GUIDE and Glossary, in PDF format
- Over 250 ICC-compliant device profiles included
- Corel Service Bureau profiler
- Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications 6: Industry-standard scripting technology
- Canto® Cumulus® Desktop LE 4.0: Award-winning media asset management
- Bitstream® Font Navigator: Leading-edge font management
- Corel TEXTURE
- CorelTRACE 9: Improved integration with CorelDRAW 9
- Corel CAPTURE 9
- Digimarc® Digital Watermarking
- Human Software Squizz!
- 25,000 high-quality clipart images: 10,000 new to CorelDRAW 9
- 1,000 high-resolution photos
- 1,000 TrueType® fonts: 850 updated to include the new Euro currency symbol
Heidelberg is pleased to offer its latest intelligent color calibration technology in conjunction with CorelDRAW Premium Color Edition, said Carla Ow, vice president for Heidelberg OEM & Licensing, North & South America. This graphics suite will allow designers to enjoy outstanding quality and dependability while maximizing their productivity and creative freedom.
CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition—optimized for Windows® 95, Windows NT® 4.0 and Windows 98—requires a Pentium® 133 processor, 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended), 120 MB hard drive space to install CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition, online help, filters and fonts. Users will require a 2X CD-ROM drive, SVGA monitor and mouse or tablet.
CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition is scheduled to be available in International English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian-Portuguese within 60 days of the North American release. A Japanese language version is scheduled for release in 2000.
The first public demonstration of CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition will take place at Seybold, San Francisco at 2:30 p.m. on August 31, 1999. Join representatives from Corel, Heidelberg and Agfa at Corels booth, #1513. For more information about CorelDRAW 9 Premium Color Edition, visit www.corel.com/draw9color.
Corel Corporation is an internationally recognized developer of award-winning graphics and business productivity applications. Development of market-leading products such as the CorelDRAW® line of graphics applications and the Corel® WordPerfect® Suite of business tools is continually evolving to meet the demands of the corporate, retail and academic markets. Committed to value, compatibility, choice and open standards, Corel develops products for the Windows®, Macintosh®, UNIX®, Linux® and Java platforms. Corels common stock trades on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol CORL and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol COR. For more information visit Corels Web site at www.corel.com.
Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
With more than 23,000 employees in over 170 countries, the Heidelberg Group is the worlds market leader for printing and publishing solutions. Heidelberg develops and manufactures sheetfed and Web offset presses, digital presses, electronic prepress equipment and software, as well as finishing solutions. It has a total of 19 sites in Germany, Mexico, USA, France, UK and the Netherlands. Worldwide the Group has 250 sales offices, making it by far the largest sales and service network in the industry. For more information about the Heidelberg Group, please visit our website at www.heidelberg.com.
Corel, WordPerfect, CorelDRAW, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, Corel TEXTURE, CorelTRACE, Corel TEXTURE and the Go Further logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation or Corel Corporation Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.