LinWarrior 3D (action) 02/25
Blocks (puzzle) 02/22
fscktris (puzzle) 02/21
The MJDRDM (The Meilleur Jeu De Role Du Meunde) (rpg) 02/21
Race (arcade) 02/17
Tumbling Dice (card) 02/16
Worldforge (under development) 02/15
SWTerm (simulation) 02/15
GSokoban (puzzle) 02/13
Stax (puzzle) 02/13
Recently updated or reviewed:Roll 'm Up (arcade) 02/26
BZFlag (action) 02/26
Quake 3 Arena Demo (action) 02/25
Sabre (simulation) 02/25
LinWarrior 3D (action) 02/25
Unreal Tournament (action) 02/25
The MJDRDM (The Meilleur Jeu De Role Du Meunde) (rpg) 02/25
Freeciv (strategy) 02/25
lxDoom (action) 02/24
Xmame (emulator) 02/24
|LinWarrior 3D 0.51||
||25 Feb 2000 10:43
Description: LinWarrior 3D (lw3d) is a free clone of MechWarrior 3D.
You're navigating a huge robot through a landscape in quite competive 3d graphics while firing at enemies.
The colors of the sky change in real-world-time just like your system timer walks through a day while the
clouds are moving.
There will be different missions available in which you'll have to follow Nav-Points and complete different objectives to fullfill your mission.
You will be able to comand your allies and you'll be able touse different vehicles than mechs too.
||22 Feb 2000 11:17
Description: Blocks is a 3D Tetris LookALike using the Crystal Space 3D Engine.
It can run on Linux, Windows, OS/2, BeOS, DOS, Macintosh, NextStep,
OpenStep, FreeBSD, SGI, Solaris, ... The source of Blocks is included
with recent versions of CS (0.15r002 which is going to be released soon
or a recent CVS snapshot).
A linux executable for software or OpenGL rendering is available now. Other executables for other operating
systems will follow soon.
||22 Feb 2000 10:46
Description: From the author's web page:
Fscktris is a patch for e2fsprogs-1.18 that makes those tiresome fsck's much more fun. Play a tetris clone while fsck does its work !
BZ: Yay! Once in a generation is genius like this realized. I'm glad I am alive to see it.
BIG FAT WARNINGS
Fscktris should only be used if you really don't care about your data. Whilst I've had no problems with it, it comes with no guarantee of
safety. This could hose your filesystem ! (although I would say it's unlikely :)
The e2fsprogs version referred to here is not necessarily the latest version. Newer versions may exist, which could fix important bugs.
The arrow keys to move, and space rotates the shape. "p" pauses the game, and unpauses it.
||21 Feb 2000 22:14
Description: A free clone of Microprose's Civilization game.
- Internationalization extended. Still needs improvement.
New ./doc directory for localized versions of README and INSTALL.
Current localizations: de en_GB es fr hu no pl pt pt_BR ru.
- Added Civ1/2-like Barbarians. Controlled by two server options.
- Many more nations added.
- Worklists -- Players can now specify a list of things to be built in
- The AI now utilizes diplomats/spies aggressively.
- Added a variant (1) of Michelangelo's Chapel.
- Initial rates after Revolution will try to maximize Science.
- Rapture-triggered city growth will no longer empty the foodbox.
- Map generator improvements:
- Gen 1 hills more uniform north/south.
- Gen 2+ will tend to make fewer length-one rivers.
- Added unit-death explosion animation.
- No longer will cities with exactly 0 (zero) production surplus be given
a "free" shield every turn.
- Command-line arguments made more consistent between server and client.
- Caravans now provide a research benefit when initially establishing a
trade route, equal to the monetary benefit.
- Diplomat/Spy changes:
- Changed all actions to more closely conform to Civ2 rules.
- Changed "diplchance" to be %-chance of success. Used in many ways.
- Diplomat/Spy may attempt action with any movement left.
- Added "At Spy's Discretion" selection to steal and sabotage dialogs.
- Allow Spies to steal tech from a city more than once (gets harder).
>;o?May only poison towns of size greater than 1 (one).
- May only sabotage units that are alone on a square.
- When a city is subverted, only nearby units change sides.
- Veteran status improves defense against other Diplomats/Spies.
- Added production display of number of turns remaining to build.
- Small, shield-like flags tilesets (trident_shields, engels_shields).
- Airbase changes (for Civ2 compliance):
- Ground units can attack Air units when they are parked on an Airbase.
- Units are defeated only singly when on an Airbase (like a Fortress).
- Revised and improved the server 'help' command.
- New intro graphics.
- Ships may now have their movement reduced after a combat in which they
- Added display of production values to main map "city tiles" display.
- Increased the Add-To City size limit to 9 to conform to Civ2.
- Settler's "Connect" feature -- Automatically connect two points with
Road, Railroad, Irrigate or Fortress.
- Several AI improvements.
- New ruleset support for CITIES, most notably cities are now drawn in
different sizes and styles.
- Allow specifying unambiguous player name prefix, instead of full
player name, for server commands taking a player name argument.
- Added multi-client configuration support.
- Added 'read' and 'write' server commands.
- Added "best nation" column to Demographics report.
- Changed Fighters and Stealth Fighters to not cause unhappiness (Civ2).
- Cities on mountains will produce an extra food (Civ2).
- Fixed bug where Lighthouse was not producing veteran sea units.
- Ported to Amiga. (This is not included with a "distribution"; get it
directly from the CVS,
or from a CVS Snapshot.)
- Lots of bug fixes, code cleanups, and help-text improvements.
Sat Feb 26 09:30:09 EST 2000
Linux gaming news from elsewhere on the net: