FT2 has been put on hold indefinitely. Most of you've probably figured that much out already since pretty much nothing
has happened over the last year. We have to face the fact that it's impossible to maintain the program while I
run Starbreeze and Fredrik is working at Ericsson. We're considering a public release of the source-code so that
others can take up the trail where we left off, but so far we've not decided how, when or if this will be done.
If this was an ideal world, where there was infinite time and no need to make a living, there would definitely be
a multiplatform Fasttracker3. Unfortunately this world is nothing like that.
FT2.09 has been leaked out.
A development version of FT2.09 has apparently been leaked from one of our beta-testers. It contains most of
the planned features/fixes except from proper GUS-IW support. (It doesn't work on GUS PnP Pro, and there are
some memory issues.) Since every tracker-site already have it for download, we figured we could add it
to our download page too.
FT2.08 is here! New features:
- - MIDI support for SB16.
- - New HQ-mixer for SB16.
- - A new volume-ramp editing function.
- - Shortcuts in the sample editor.
- - Harddisk recording (to WAV).
- - WAV Load/Save.
Known FT2.08 bugs:
- - Copy/Paste pattern when fewer than 31 lines.
- - Insert pattern-lines can cause pattern-scramble.
- - Record-disable on channel 26.
- - MIDI note-off problems.
- - WAV-save bug. (Wrong bit-depth)
- - HD-Recording window can't be exited with mouse-only. (Use ctrl+x)
Please mail email@example.com regarding FT2-bugs.
Planned FT2.09 enhancements:
- - WAV-support bugfix.
- - SB-settings made non-editable.
- - Copy/Paste/Resize pattern bugs fixed. (yes, really. :) )
PLEASE, DON'T MAIL AND ASK WHEN 2.09 WILL BE DONE. WE DON'T KNOW!
Fasttracker and MOD/XM resources:
Ernest Millian's FT2 Resource page.
MJTrack Tracker Paradise.
The Ultimate MODs Page.
Tracker Instruments Repository(Some 230 megs of PD instruments.)
(c) Copyright 1998 Starbreeze Studios.