TEMPE, Ariz. - University of Tennessee football walk-ons have had their own stand-up comedian on the team bus rides to practice sessions for the Fiesta Bowl.
The humor of Brian McCann is legendary among the Vols. Reading from a script he updates daily, McCann takes a microphone at the front of the bus and delivers his commentary to howling teammates.
A sampling of his one-liners:
You know you might be a UT walk-on ...
* If the only draft you're worried about is in case of a World War.
* If you go to the training room with a sprained ankle and (trainer) Mike Rollo says "looks good. Come back next week."
* If you've had the same pair of cleats for four years.
* If coach (Phillip) Fulmer finally calls you by name, but it's not your name.
* If you've ever had to dress in the showers on game day.
* If your autograph depreciates the value of a football.
* If the name on your jersey is misspelled.
"Even though I make fun of things in our program, I bleed orange and love this program," McCann said.