Road Conditions and Weather Information
NS Department of Transportation and Public Works
NS Department of Transportation and Public Works

What's New
Featured News Release
Safe Driving Tips
Y2K and TPW
Setting Priorities
Feed back

Your Road
Travelling in Nova Scotia
Permits, Approvals and Licences
Highway signs
Government Buildings

Surplus Property
Jobs and Training

General Information

Sydney Tar Ponds
Five Island Lake Remediation
Boat Harbour

Current Road Construction
Better Roads for Nova Scotia



Vehicle Weights and Dimensions
Scale Houses
B Train Map
Transporting Dangerous Goods
Motor Vehicle Act

Who We Are
About the Minister
Mission Statement
TPW At A Glance
District Operations
Specialized Support Services
Real Property
Industrial Properties

Supporting Sections

Other Info
News Releases


Building a Highway
Business Plan

Related Links

Site Map


Tuesday June 13 2000

Permits, Approvals and Licences

Drivers Licence

Other Registry of Motor Vehicle services

Working on the roadside?

You’ll need a
permit. They’re required
for any kind of construction on
highway right-of-ways,
driveway construction.

To inquire about Vehicle Overweight Permits,
Contact Jim Francis, Design Engineer,
(902) 424-2567

or see the
Special Move Permit: Overweight information.

To inquire about permits for vehicles
outside regulation in other ways, contact
Cheryl Purcell, Vehicle Compliance Representative,
Business and Consumer Services
(902) 424-5536
or see the Special Move Permit: Over Dimension information.

Bus Inspection
Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board,
Public Passenger Division,
(902) 424-3588

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Memorial White Cross Guidelines and Permits

If your group is interested in doing a one-time roadside clean-up, you'll need a Litter Clean-Up Permit - you'll need Acrobat Reader, see below. Before you apply for the permit, read the conditions and suggestions attached to the form.  You may also be interested in becoming part of the Adopt-A-Highway program.

Get Adobe Acrobat

For more information on permits required by TPW,
contact Paul Richard, Operations Analyst
(902) 424-2206

This site is optimized for 800x600 resolution
Copyright Province of Nova Scotia.
For more information contact

NS Govt HomeGovernment Home