Re: [VM][UNIX] Gnuified interpreter speedup

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Rob Withers wrote:
>
> > Lex Spoon wrote:
> >
> > > By the way, once you have done "co" (or "checkout") in a directory once,
> > > the utility will remember where all the files came from.  So you don't
> > > have to add the big -d flag whenever you are working in a local CVS
> > > directory.  Also, you never have to use -z at all--it just saves
> > > bandwidth.
>
> Note that you can put any common options into your ~/.cvsrc file:
>
> cvs -z6
> update -P -d
> checkout -P
> export -P
>
> That way you always get compression, which makes updating quite a bit
> faster, and directories get pruned/created.

Thanks for the tip!

Do you have a similar easy to follow one to avoid typing the password
for every command while using ssh?
I have generated a key and typed it into the web interface of SF, but it
doesn't work as expected.
I know I should RTFM deeper (I have read some docs!), but there are so
many other things to do (see my last postings).

> > [...]
> > Would it make sense to be able to generate these platform files from
> > inside of squeak?
>
> No. IMHO all platform specific support code should be removed from the
> image.

I have followed the contrary path, with a *currently* *working* result.
Moreover the not so often changed platform specific file strings stay in
the *.sources files, not in the image (I have made myself a wrong
comment about this).

Greetings,

Stephan

--