URL exceptions (was: Re: implementing sandboxes with capabilities)

Lex Spoon wrote:

> When the URL code was written, there were no exceptions.  Thus when an
> error happens, it just returns a string with hte error message in it.
> This works okay for a web browser, but is clearly suboptimal.
> Now that we have exceptions, that stuff should be rewritten to throw an
> exception if anything goes wrong.  Plus Scamper should be rewritten to
> catch those exceptions and do something about it.
>
> Any takers?  :)

Hmm, I thought about doing this, but then the whole socket and protocol
code needs a complete rewrite IMHO.
And there is the newer stuff in PWS and Comanche.

Any idea how to integrate these two development branches?

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill