EMail Frameworks, was Re: attachment problem - from: When in doubt, try it

JArchibald@aol.com wrote:

> => 6/10/00 11:23:35 AM EDT, tyrrell@canis.uiuc.edu =>
> << Once again, I suppose that I should mention that I have both RFC822 (
> headers ) and RFC 2045-2049 ( MIME body ) compliant e-mail components lying
> around, which I'd be willing to share with others. >>
>
> Les,
>
> I'm interested in these components. How can I get copies of them?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry.
> ____________________________
>
> Jerry L. Archibald
> systemObjectivesIncorporated
> ____________________________
>
> "Figure out who you are,
>  then do it on purpose."
>     Dolly Parton

I've set up a Wiki for my EMail frameworks.  I don't have the IMAP client there
as I've just begun working on it, but the stuff for parsing and modelling headers
and MIME bodies is there.  I work primarily in VisualWorks, so this is written
for that dialect but if someone is able to use them in Squeak or any other dialect
then that would be fine with me- just let me know so I can keep track of it and
reduce the dissimilarities of any diverging versions.  The wiki is at:

	http://oasis.canis.uiuc.edu:8080/EMail

The code as it stands is serving my needs, but I'd be happy to see various parts of
these frameworks elucidated more clearly or more completely.

Good Luck!

- Les Tyrrell

"Figure out who you are, then cringe."