Re: Unix serial code: first version

In message <3970F62C.8951BEFB@bike-nomad.com> you wrote:

> * async operation (how does one signal a semaphore from C?)
>  (this would include timeouts, of course)
You might find a look at the asynchFile code for the Mac/windows useful,
and maybe the socket code for unix

> * error reporting (how is this handled generally? I don't see
> any easy way to pass back errno...)
I've previously suggested a simple way to pass error values back from
prims, but nobody wanted to bite and it is not currently implemented

> (And, BTW, I didn't touch MIDI. Why is it in with the serial
> stuff, anyway?)
Mac history seems the most likely explanation

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Strange OpCodes: SDL: Shift Disk Left