|Home : Careers : Technical Opportunities|
All of the ArsDigita offices are growing, and we are looking for programmers with all levels of experience.
Positions Compensation Internship:
- 20 hours/week minimum
Full Time is $1000/wk
- programmer with limited experience
- decent problem set solutions
- non-CS major
$70,000 plus stock options L2 programmer:
- programmer with one or both of the following:
- 1 year+ Web/db experience
- CS degree (BS/MS/M Eng) from a strong CS school
- and very strong problem set solutions
$100,000 plus stock options L3 programmer:
- programmer with at least 3-5 years of Web/db experience
- extremely strong pset solutions
- some project management
$115,000 plus stock options L4 programmer:
- very experienced programmer
- vast database design knowledge
- strong project management
- extremely strong pset solutions
$125,000 plus stock options
Please read and make sure you agree with our Mission Statement before applying for an open position. Our technical challenge page should give you an idea of what you'd be working on at ArsDigita.
See our job listings database to apply online for a programmer position.
The best way to learn about ArsDigita and show us what you can do is to come to one of our on-location or remote Boot Camps. If you can't or don't want to come to boot camp, we'll be happy to talk to you about a job after you've completed our Home Study Program
We’d like candidates to complete boot camp or the home study program. You may also find it helpful to check out:
- A background in development of reasonably complex documented software systems
- A strong ability to communicate with clients and users
- Recent rereading of Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Familiarity with the ideas in Edward Tufte's three books
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information (1983)
- Envisioning Information (1990)
- Visual Explanations : Images and Quantities, Evidence and Narrative (1997)
- Understanding of Internet plumbing, e.g., the material in Internetworking With Tcp/Ip : Principles, Protocols, and Architecture
- Understanding of the role of InterNIC and DNS servers, e.g., from reading DNS and BIND
Good Things About ArsDigita for Programmers
- You will have an opportunity to excel along all the axes of software engineering professionalism as we define it
- Your work will not be wasted; most of what you do will be released as open-source software used by thousands of publishers and millions of users worldwide; most of our projects are launched within three to four months of inception.
- Our business is structured to have a positive impact on the field of software engineering; we teach at leading university computer science programs; we export entire classes and course materials to universities and companies; we write textbooks and give them away for free; we demonstrate interesting new ideas via open-source toolkits and finished applications.
- We attract people who put their heart into Web apps and are devoted to serving the end-users.
- We attract customers with worthwhile projects (e.g. Scorecard.org); not every project is this interesting, and we do have to pay the bills, but we have been known to turn down multi-million dollar projects that do not challenge us or that seem unlikely to improve the world in which we live and work.
- We write high-quality software and documentation, so you won't be cleaning up after someone else's sloppiness; we bring a software engineering perspective to this domain. To us, software engineering doesn't mean shiny new technology, but intelligent system design, clear documentation, version control and design for maintainability.
- You might be able to learn from some of us; several of our staff have more than 20 years of experience in software engineering.
|©1999-2000 ArsDigita Corporation|