1) Using an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper as a pattern, cut 2 rectangles from your cotton
2) With right sides together, sew these 2 rectangles together along one of the long sides.
Turn right side out. Press. (This will be the top.)
3) Attach tatted edging along the long finished edge of the rectangle. (The top of the bag.)
4) Measure and mark lightly with pencil, a line 1-1/2" down from the top edge of bag .
Sew along this line. Make another line of stitching 5/8" below the previous stitching.
(This is the casing.)
5) Fold the sewn rectangle in half width-wise. Press along fold.
6) Sew the bottom seam of the bag.
7) Sew the side seam of the bag, but leave the casing (which you made in step 4) free of
stitching. Reinforce this seam at the top and bottom points of the casing.
8) Turn bag right side out. Press.
9) Hand sew the medallions to the front and back of the tatting bag, as desired.
10) Thread the ribbon through the casing. (a safety pin attached to one end, and fed
through the casing, works great for this!) Pull ribbons up tight to close the bag.
Tie the ends of the ribbon together in a pretty bow! Enjoy! ©1999 caw