Headquarters Training Command was formed at Albert Park on 1st September 1953 under the
Command of AVM A.M. Charlesworth, CBE AFC.
From 7th September 1959 to 6th February 1990
Training Command became part of Headquarters Support Command but reformed again as
Training Command at Point Cook on 7th February 1990.
On 5th May 1998 the title Air Officer Commander Training Command (AOCTC) was changed to
Commander Training Command - Air Force (COMTRG-AF). Following a restructure on 1st January
1999, Headquarters Training Command relocated to its current location at RAAF Williams at