|Barbie Wedding Veil
||Designer: Merryann Palmer ©
Size 30 crochet cotton
Size 10 steel crochet hook
1. Dc in 4th ch from hook. *Ch 2, skip 2 ch, dc in next ch*, repeat across. Ch 4. turn.
2-4. *Dc in 1st dc, ch 2, dc in next dc*. Repeat across. Ch 4. Turn.
5. Dc, ch 2 in base of ch 4. Dc, ch 2 in each dc across. Dc, ch 2, dc in 2nd ch of ch 4. Ch 4. turn.
6-20. Alternate rows 2 and 5.
21-32. Work even. Fasten off.
Join at front corner (narrow end). Ch 1. In 1st row end, *2 hdc, 2 dc, 1 trc, 2 dc, 2 hdc. Sc in next.*. Repeat around, making sure that you have a sc in the corners, so edge will lie flat.
1. Join thread at corner of front edge. 1 sc in each dc across (26 sc). Ch 1. Turn.
2. *Sc in first 4 st. Dec*. Repeat across (21 st). Ch 1. Turn.
3-4. Sc in each st across. Ch 1. Turn.
5. Skip first 3 st. *4 dc in next st, skip 2 st, sl st in next st*. Repeat across. Fasten off.
If you wish to decorate the veil a bit, you can place a French knot in the center of each shell of the headpiece, or a small bead, etc. This could also be done on the shells of the bodice of the dress.
Pattern Copyright © 1996 Merryann Palmer. Reprinted with Permission. NOTE: This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not reprint this pattern in any form without the copyright owner's permission. Pattern donated to Crochet Partners' Pattern Library and printed with permission. Every effort has been made to provide accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for your personal stitch variances, human errors, or typographical mistakes.