|Fluoride: Protected Pollutant or Panacea?|
|Are the claimed benefits of ingesting fluoride over-rated|
and the risks to our health and eco-system under-reported?
- Fluoridation proponents often assert that there is no legitimate scientific controversy over the benefits or safety of this measure. These web pages clearly show controversy existed from the outset and continues to this day.
Dental fluorosis is now pandemic in fluoridated areas. Fluoride ingestion in our children is clearly out of control given the sky-rocketing rise in fluorosis rates in fluoridated communities (click on individual photos for better-resolution). Canada has some of the highest rates in the world.
The health problems caused by fluoride in some other countries is well-documented and staggering. There are about twenty nations with health problems due to fluoride ingestion.
Contrary to dental opinion, dental fluorosis is recognized by scientists
world-wide as the first clinical sign of fluoride poisoning (see
- Study finds correlation between fluorides in water and lead levels, Dartmouth College News Release and Plenary Address to the Annual Conference of the Association for Politics and the Life Sciences
- Why the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Union of Scientists Opposes Fluoridation
- Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation, by Dr. John Colquhoun, the former Chief Dental Officer of Auckland, NZ and once an ardent fluoridation proponent. Sadly, Dr. Colquhoun passed away on March 23, 1999 (see ISFR website)
- High-profile Canadian fluoride advocate slams fluoridation Toronto Star April 25, 1999
- Pace Environmental Law Review, by Douglas Balog, Esq., 1997
- Donora Death Fog a fifty-year-old cover-up
- Fluoride: risks and benefits? Disinformation in the service of big industry by David R. Hill (Professor Emeritus at the University of Calgary).
- Should Natick, MA fluoridate? A comprehensive report by a panel of impartial professionals. Summary at: naticks.htm. CV's at natickcv.htm.
- Fluoride, Teeth, and the Atomic Bomb: Fluoride was the key chemical in atomic bomb production
|RECENTLY ADDED: abstracts, articles, news
- Dietary Fluoride Supplement Protocol for the New Millennium, J. Canadian Dental Association
- Fluoride added to Congressional Hearings on Arsenic and Radon
- Moss ME. et al. Association of dental caries and blood lead levels
- Do other countries fluoridate? Most countries have rejected, banned, or stopped fluoridation due to health, legal, environmental, or freedom of choice concerns. Check it out and follow the link.
- Report on Fluoridation, A Multi-Discipline Review, presented to the City of Calgary by Healthy Calgary, April 4, 2000 (WORD97 file).
- Foulkes RG, Anderson AC, Impact of Artificial Fluoridation on Salmon Species in the Northwest USA and British Columbia, Canada
- Why EPA'S Headquarters Union of Scientists Opposes Fluoridation
Site or Medline
FLUORIDATED FISH BOWL: a question which deserves an answer
Calgary, Alberta Canada
some icon images on this site are copyrighted www.arttoday.com