2000 Senior Pacific Alliance Team
1999 World Championships Team
1998 Goodwill Games Double Gold Medalist
1997 Senior National Co-Champion
1996 Junior National Champion
Hometown: Canyon Country, Calif.
Residence: Plano, Texas
Date/Place of Birth: Feb. 17, 1982/Valencia, Calif.
Club: World Olympic Gymnastics Academy
Coach: Valeri Liuken
School: Learning Post (home schooling)
Year in School: 12th (Fall '00)
Began Gymnastics: 1987 (5 years old)
Years on National Team: 7 (1994-2001)
Favorite Event: Balance beam and uneven bars
Has one brother Teddy (8-15-80) who plays high school baseball...mother Nanette is a tennis instructor...favorite book is "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul," ...a musical fan of The Dixie Chicks...favorite movie is "Titanic"....watches "Dawson's Creek", "Jesse", and "I Love Lucy"... collects butterfly-themed items...has her own web site (www.atler.com) and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercial...would like to be a sports psychologist.
- 2000 Senior Pacific Alliance, Christchurch, New Zealand; 1st-Team; 3rd-V
- 1999 World Championships, Tianjin, China; 6th-team
- 1999 Pontiac International Team Meet; 2nd-team
- 1999 Paris Bercy, FRA; 1st-V, 2nd-AA
- 1999 Visa American Cup, St. Petersburg, Fla.; 3rd-AA, 1st-V, 1st-BB, 1st-FX
- 1998 Australia Cup, Melbourne, AUS; 1st-AA, 1st-V, 1st-FX
- 1998 Goodwill Games, New York, N.Y.; 1st-V, 1st-FX
- 1998 Pacific Alliance Championships, Winnipeg, CAN; 1st-team, V & FX
- 1998 International Team Championships, Knoxville, Tenn.; 1st-team, 6th-AA, 4th-V, T14th-UB, T2nd-BB, T4th-FX
- 1998 Visa American Cup, Fort Worth, Texas; 4th-AA, 1st-V, 3rd-UB, 8th-BB, 7th-FX
- 1997 Canberra Cup, Canberra, AUS; 1st-AA, 2nd-V, 3rd-UB, 2nd-BB, T1st-FX
- 1997 Foxsport Challenge, Sydney, AUS; 1st-team, 2nd-AA, 2nd-V, T1st-UB, 4th-BB, 3rd-FX
- 1997 International Team Championships (USA, CHN, ROM), Cincinnati, Ohio; 2nd-team
- 1997 Visa American Cup, Fort Worth, Texas; 2nd-AA, 1st-V & BB
- 1996 City of Popes Competition; Popes, FRA; 9th-AA, 2nd-UB
- 1995 International Junior Gymnastics Competition, Yokohama, JPN; 4th-AA, 1st-FX, 4th-V
- 1995 Catania Cup, Catania, ITA; 5th-AA, 2nd-V, 4th-BB, 3rd-FX
- 2000 Olympic Team Trials, Boston, Mass.; 6th-AA
- 2000 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Chamionships, St. Louis, 4th-AA, 2nd-V, 6th-BB, 3rd-FX
- 2000 U.S. Classic, Tulsa, Okla.; 1st AA
- 1999 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Sacramento; 2nd-AA, 1st-V, 1st-BB
- 1999 American Classic/Pan Am Trials, Pomona, Calif.; 1st-AA
- 1998 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Indianapolis; 2nd-AA, 2nd-V, 25th-UB, 5th-BB, 1st-FX
- 1997 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Denver; T1st-AA, 1st-V, 3rd-UB, T10th-BB, T5th-FX
- 1996 Coca-Cola National Championships, Knoxville, Tenn.; 1st-AA (jr. div.)
- 1996 American Classic/World Championships Trials, Tulsa, Okla.; 1st-AA (jr. div.)
- 1995 Coca-Cola National Championships, New Orleans, La.; 2nd-AA & UB (jr. div.)
- 1995 U.S. Olympic Festival, Boulder, Colo.; 3rd-AA, 6th-V & UB, T1st-BB, T2nd-FX
- 1995 American Classic/Pan American Games Trials, Oakland, Calif.; 4th-AA, 3rd-FX (jr. div.)
- 1994 U.S. Classic, Palm Springs, Calif.; 3rd-AA, 1st-V & BB, 2nd-FX (junior national division)
See also: Vanessa Atler's home page.
About USA Gymnastics Online.
Please report problems to our webmaster.
Copyright © USA Gymnastics. All rights reserved.