GTE Laboratories links
 
Photo of GTE Laboratories

GTE Laboratories is the central research and development facility for GTE Corporation, one of the largest publicly held telecommunications companies in the world.

GTE Laboratories traces its roots back to 1943, to the establishment of the Sylvania Technical Center, the R&D; center for Sylvania Electric Products, Inc. When General Telephone and Electronics Corporation (now GTE) purchased Sylvania in 1959, the Sylvania Technical Center became the nucleus of what is now GTE Laboratories. In 1972, GTE Laboratories moved from Bayside, New York, to its current location in Waltham, Massachusetts.







Organization Overview | Where We Are | Community Involvement
Technical Publications | Careers at GTE


Home | Site Map | Search | Comments

GTE Home Page


GTE Privacy Policy.
Legal Disclaimer. Copyright 1996–1999
GTE Service Corporation. All Rights Reserved.