Why Cleanse? | Who Should Cleanse? | What to Expect | The Best Way to Cleanse | About our Program | About Your Instructor | How to Join |
The modernization of the American diet (changing agricultural practices, fast foods and more refined foods) has greatly upset the balance of health in this country. Just as our planet has its chemical waste problems our smaller environment, the body, is also greatly threatened.
Toxins may accumulate in the colon and liver and may lead to fatigue, headaches, premenstrual tension and other chronic symptoms. We may take these symptoms for granted without realizing that they represent a state of ill health.
Who Should Cleanse?
Dietary cleansing helps to cleanse and revitalize the body. It helps to improve health and vitality in healthy individuals and is particularly encouraged for individuals who what to improve poor eating habits and those with diet-related illnesses such as:
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- high blood sugar
- some fatigue problems
- chronic skin problems
- gastrointestine disturbances
What to Expect
There is nothing like a dietary cleansing program to ensure lasting will power and inner strength. Over the past several years many people have participated in our program and have made permanent changes in their diets and approach to eating in general. Often in balancing your diet, balance in other areas is noticed as well.
- Cleanse and revitalize your body
- Lighten up physically and mentally
- Experience renewed energy and wellbeing
- Restore your body’s self-healing abilities
- Lose weight healthfully
- Learn to listen to and respect your body
- Decrease cravings for sugar, alcohol and cigarettes
- Experience strong support as you
create new health patterns.
The Best Way to Cleanse
The easiest way to successfully complete a cleansing program is with a group of like-minded people. A group setting allows for the exchange of experiences among peers. Each individual's commitment is strengthened through mutual support.
About Our Program
This program consists of a diet based on natural foods -- fresh fruits, vegetables, their juices, whole grains and other foods that cleanse and rejuvenate the body. The program includes:
- Four 1 1/2 hour meetings.
- A specific meal plan that begins with a week of thorough cleansing and progresses to a nutritionally balanced diet.
- Over 50 kitchen tested recipes -- low in fat, high in flavor.
- Daily communication with a fellow participant for general support.
- Plan for daily exercise and inspirational reading.
- Support and practical advice for preparing for the program, and living during and after completeing the program.
- Pot Luck Dinner at final meeting.
- An insurance reimbursement may be available. Call for details 617-661-6225
About Your Instructor
Susan Carroll RD, nutritionist has been a nutrition specialist and natural foods cook since 1978. She has a B.S. in Foods and Nutrition and is a registered dietitian. She has worked in hospital and clinic settings and has lectured widely on nutrition. Her approach is one that bridges the traditional wisdom of the past with the knowledge of modern nutritional science. Susan’s warmth and insightful manner helps inspire individuals to make healthful changes while living in the real world.
To Join Our Program
We will always list any upcoming classes on the calendar page of this web site. If you do not see one listed but would like more information... or would like to have your name put on a list to be contacted when the next class is scheduled, please contact us by one of the following ways:
Marino Center Home | Calendar | News | Our Staff | Services | Programs | About Us | Contact Us | Health Store