HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences
You can edit this page right now! It's a free, community project
Welcome to Wikipedia! We're writing a complete encyclopedia from scratch, collaboratively. We started work in January 2001. We've got over 3,000 pages already. We want to make over 100,000. So, let's get to work! Write a little (or a lot) about what you know! Read our welcome message here: Welcome, newcomers!
Some questions you might have are answered below, but why not first explore a few links?
- Philosophy -- Mathematics -- Statistics -- Science -- Physics -- Chemistry -- Biology -- Astronomy and Astrophysics -- Earth Sciences
- Countries of the world -- History -- Linguistics & Language -- Politics -- Economics -- Geography -- Anthropology -- Archaeology -- Psychology -- Sociology -- History of Science and Technology -- Anomalous Phenomena
- Technology -- Architecture -- Engineering -- Computing -- Transport -- Business and Industry -- Law -- Agriculture -- Education -- Communication -- Library and Information Science -- Health Sciences -- Family and Consumer Science -- Public Affairs
- Entertainment -- Music -- Dance -- Film -- Literary Art -- Religion -- Recreation -- Sports -- Classics -- Critical Theory -- Visual Arts and Design -- Painting -- Sculpture -- Performing Arts -- Theater and Drama -- Games -- Hobbies -- Tourism
- The above reflects only one of Wikipedia's category schemes.
Want to learn about something? Add the topic to our list of requested articles.
Other questions? Just ask on the Wikipedia FAQ. See also Wikipedia policy and Wikipedia-L (Wikipedia's mailing list!). Read Wikipedia Announcements to stay on top of the latest developments.
Wikipedia is international! Here are some Wikipedia version written in other languages... if you speak one of these languages, feel free to write directly there or to translate between wikipedias!
If you would like a Wikipedia version written in another language, please post a request on International Wikipedia.
You can upload your (non-encyclopedia article) essays to the Wikipedia commentary area.
The contents of the Wikipedia is covered by the GNU Free Documentation License.