Books & Collectibles
The West Coast's Doctor Who Retail
10679 West Pico Boulevard, West Los Angeles, CA 90064
Just east of the Westside Pavillion
TOLL FREE (888) 47-DRWHO [US only] Regular Phone
Updated June 5, 2001
EMAIL US for answers to your questions! We thank our customers for their patience... now, if you need to contact us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org -- please give us at least 48 hours to respond. (Do not ask for a catalog, we do not have one to ship, only what is in our store.)
An Afternoon With Elisabeth Sladen
Autograph Party at Ambrosia Books - Saturday, July 7, 2001
Click here for more details!
IMPORTANT NOTE TO AMBROSIA CUSTOMERS: For information on any of Ambrosia's products, call Ambrosia TOLL FREE at (888) 473-7946 (1-888-47-DRWHO; do NOT
use 1-800) to answer any questions or place orders; best time to call is 3-8pm Pacific or on weekends, and always ASK FOR KEN! If the TOLL FREE 1-888 number does not work, call (310) 475-5825.
The Trading Cards Are Here!
The Doctor Who Trading Cards, Series I have arrived! Sealed boxes, direct from Strictly Ink UK are in our store! Just drop-shipped from England, direct from the manufacturer... every box contains TWO signed autograph cards featuring a Doctor or his companions or enemies! THE BOXES ARE LIMITED AND WILL SELL OUT FAST so call Ambrosia to get yours!
Ambrosia's New Website and Ambrosia Press are Coming Soon...
Very shortly, Ambrosia Books will debut its brand new website! A new order system will allow you to purchase all your favorite items online, right from your computer... with the Ambrosia service quality to back it up! (And your Ambrosia website editor will be none other than the Outpost Gallifrey site editor, so you know it'll be a good one!)
Bonnie Langford's NOW: Charity Benefit Through Ambrosia
At Gallifrey 2001, we bought a large stock of CD's and souvenir programs from Bonnie Langford's one-woman show, "Now," as featured at right. Bonnie's new album features selections from her one woman show; it consists of her own personal tribute to some of her own sensational tribute to some of her favourite musical stars and shows - Magical showstoppers from "Cats", "Little Shop of Horrors", "Funny Girl", "Sweet Charity", ... plus her red hot favourites from the world of jazz, soul, rhythm and blues and just a little bit of rock and roll! Some of these were performed live at the Gallifrey 2001 convention... but many more selections were not! Through a special arrangement with Bonnie Langford and her husband, Paul Grunert (simply, two of the nicest people we've ever had the pleasure of meeting), we have arranged to donate part of the proceeds of each and every "Now" CD and programme sold to Bonnie's charity, the CdLS Foundation. CdLS people have both physical & mental disabilities, all have learning difficulties to some degree. Communication is a major problem for CdLS people many have problems speaking & use sign language to communicate, whilst those who can speak are shy & have difficulties in being understood. One thing many of the children have in common is a love of music. "Parents have told me that their children relax and really enjoy music. Music therapists have had a lot of success with CdLS people," says Bonnie. As part of her support for the CdLS Foundation, Bonnie & her management have agreed to make a contribution from each copy of the souvenir programmes sold at her performances and on her website... and now, your support through Ambrosia helps too! For more information on the CdLS Foundation, you can visit www.cdlsoutreach.org. These items are available until they're gone! Order one today!
A Thank You to Our Friends for Gallifrey 2001
Ken and Diane, the Lord and Lady Ambrose, High Regents of Gallifreyan Capitalism do hereby and gratefully raise a glass of thanks and good cheer to all and
everyone who came by our dealers tables at Gallifrey 2001 to purchase our wares -- or just say hello. And thanks to the following.... A special cheer to our fellow dealers-who add luster and variety to the proceedings, fine folks one and all!! We are humbled and indebted to many fine Lords and Ladies .... The guests who came from the many corners of the world... many friends of Ambrosia, who support our store and the convention... all the great Doctor Who Authors
(Too many to name them all without filling up a page), you sign our books, give us something to sell, and make our customers very happy... The actors and actresses that honor us with their presence and dazzle us with their talent... Our fellow friends on convention staff and committee, who have supported Ambrosia-on a personal and professional level for over 12 years... And an extra acknowledgment to Bonnie Langford and her husband Paul Grunert, David Howe and Arnold T. Blumberg, Philip Segal, Keith Barnfather, Mark Strickson, Jim Mortimore, Lars Pearson, Jill Sherwin, Jason-Haigh-Ellery, Gary Russell, Chris Kirkham, Bill Baggs, Robbie Bourget, Christian McGuire, Diana Dougherty, Gary Akers, Steve Barr (who minds the store and much more) and Shaun Lyon, creator of this website, editor of "Missing Pieces"- and our dear friend. Thanks to everyone! Ken & Diane, Ambrosia Books
The Five "Missing Books": UPDATE
Five BBC Doctor Who books were unavailable in 2000 from the US distributor, London Bridge: "The Ancestor Cell," "The Burning," "Heart of TARDIS," "Prime Time" and "The Banquo Legacy". WE NOW HAVE "HEART OF TARDIS," "PRIME TIME" AND "THE BANQUO LEGACY"!
New Arrivals: June 2001
Ambrosia Books, your West Coast headquarters for Doctor Who and media merchandise, has stocked the following items for your convenience.
- Loups Garouxby Marc Platt - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Paul McGann and India Fisher (May 2001)
- The Tomorrow People #1 - Big Finish Audio Adventure (May 2001)
- Urban Gothic - Limited hardcover edition and paperback - new from David Howe's Telos Publishing
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Hush Figure Set - Featurin three Gentlemen figures and 12-inch Buffy with crossbow
- Doctor Who Magazine #304
- Eater of Wasps by Trevor Baxendale (BBC Eighth Doctor novel, May 2001)
- Asylum by Peter Darvill-Evans (BBC Fourth Doctor/Nyssa novel, May 2001)
- The Squire's Crystal by Jacqueline Rayner - new Bernice Summerfield novel
- Doctor Who 1996 TV Movie Soundtrack by John Debney - very limited quantity! Direct from the manufacturer - an Ambrosia special item!
- TARDIS and "Battle of the Daleks" Stamp Center Commemoratives
- Doctor Who bookmarks and bookplates - brand new!
- Doctor Who Trading Cards, Series I - Sealed boxes from Strictly Ink UK!
- The Shadow in the Glass by Justin Richards and Stephen Cole (BBC Eighth Doctor novel, April 2001)
- Vanishing Point by Stephen Cole (BBC Eighth Doctor novel, April 2001)
- The Tenth Planet - Doctor Who North American May 2001 video release
- "How British SF Changed the World" - Great new book!
- Thunderbirds Key Chains - They talk, they make sounds, they annoy your friends -- collect them all!
- Minuet in Hellby Alan W. Lear - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Paul McGann and India Fisher (Apr 2001)
- Dalek Rolykins - NEW!-This looks Awesome!
- Thunderbirds Talking Alarm Clock - NEW!-Wake up with Lady Penelope, Parker, and the Tracy Brothers - 5 sayings - Thunderbird - 2-take off Sounds as you wake!
- Dalek Stamp Coasters and Paperweight - RESTOCK!
- Farscape Volume 3 DVD (US Only)
- Doctor Who Trading Card Box Series #1 - Coming soon... pre-order now at discount!
- The Celestial Toymaker - BBC Radio Collection audio soundtrack of the lost William Hartnell adventure
- The Moonbase - BBC Radio Collection audio soundtrack of the lost Patrick Troughton adventure
- The Doctor's Effects by Steve Cambden - Second book about the Baker era behind-the-scenes!
- The Ghosts of N-Space - RESTOCK!
- The Paradise of Death - RESTOCK!
- The Television Companion by David J. Howe and Stephen James Walker - RESTOCK!
- Doctor Who From A to Z by Gary Gillatt - RESTOCK!
- Dr. Who Magazine #300 - RESTOCK! (with CD exclusive!)
- Remembrance of the Daleks DVD - UK version only (PAL) - not for play in US machines!
- Slayer: Volume 2 by Keith Topping - UK guide to Buffy, hot item!
- The Stones of Veniceby Paul Magrs - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Paul McGann and India Fisher (Mar 2001)
- Rags by Mick Lewis (BBC Third Doctor novel, March 2001)
- EarthWorld by Jacqueline Rayner (BBC Eighth Doctor novel, March 2001)
- The Ancestor Cell, The Burning, Heart of TARDIS, Prime Time, The Banquo Legacy - Restocked BBC Doctor Who novels -- the FATAL FIVE!
- Time Flight - From BBC Video / Warner Home Video (US format)
- Bonnie Langford: Now - Exclusive signed concert materials, her fabulous CD (some of the songs performed at Gallifrey 2001) and concert programs/souvenirs... Ambrosia exclusive in the US!
Recent Items Received
Ambrosia Books has received the following items in the past several months,
and has them in stock:
- Space: 1999 Vol 1 & 2 DVD Sets
- Thunderbirds Vol 1 & 2 DVD Sets
- Farscape Vol 1 & 2 DVD
- Dapol "Clear" Incubating Dalek (oooh! scary!)
- Handcrafted sonic screwdriver
- Fresh supply of BASSETT's Jelly Babies!
- The Edge of Destruction/The Original Pilot & The Missing Years - From BBC Video / Warner Home Video... this is the updated corrected version, not the original (bad) release! (US format)
- Revelation of the Daleks - From BBC Video / Warner Home Video (US format)
- Sword of Orion by Nicholas Briggs - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Paul McGann and India Fisher (Feb 2001)
- Storm Warning by Alan Barnes - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Paul McGann and India Fisher (Jan 2001)
- Escape Velocity by Colin Brake (BBC Eighth Doctor novel, February 2001)
- Bunker Soldiers by Martin Day (BBC First Doctor, Steven & Dodo novel, February 2001)
- Father Time by Lance Parkin (BBC Eighth Doctor novel, January 2001)
- The Quantum Archangel by Craig Hinton (BBC Sixth Doctor & Mel novel, January 2001)
- The Mythmakers - BBC Radio Collection audio soundtrack of the lost William Hartnell adventure
- Slipback - BBC Radio Collection CD release of the Colin Baker/Nicola Bryant adventure
- Wirrn: Race Memory - new BBV audio adventure starring Sarah Sutton
- The Gods of the Underworld by Stephen Cole - Big Finish Benny Summerfield novel #3
- The Secret of Cassandra by David Bailey - Big Finish Benny Summerfield audio
- The Doctor's Affect by Steve Cambden - Insider book about his years behind the scenes on Doctor Who, import!
- Cyberon - BBV's newest video adventure starring Jo Castleton and PJ Ochlan, written by Lance Parkin, directed by Bill Baggs
- Who Is Doctor Who? - RPM Records release by Mark Ayres, featuring music from the 60's and 70's, including Frazer Hines, the Go Go's, Roberta Tovey & more
- Music From the Tenth Planet - From Ochre Records, the soundtrack of the final William Hartnell story
- K-9 UNLEASHED - Mythmakers' newest documentary
- Mythmakers: Lis Sladen - Documentary, very limited autographed edition... when they're gone they'll never be released again!
- Fly Me To the Moon - Big Finish taped this comedy show before a live audience, with Sylvester McCoy and India Fisher
- Layton's Mission: Part One - New CD audio series starring Anneke Wills, limited, import
- Howe's Transcendental Toybox by David J. Howe & Arnold T. Blumberg - The second edition of this handy merchandise guide
- Queer as Folk: The Scripts by Russell T Davies - Script book from the award-winning show (written by Dr. Who novelist Davies)
- Mythmakers: Jeremy Bulloch - Documentary with the DW/Star Wars actor
- Soldiers of Love #7 - New installment of the CD series, with #1-6 also in stock!
- Doctor Who Trading Card Preview - set - Uncut Sheets - only 100 made worldwide!!!!
- Doctor Who Bronze Finish Busts - Import: in stock, Doctors 1-4
- Doctor Who Statues - hand painted, limited edition imports: in stock, Doctors 1-5 (with 6-8 coming soon!)
- MJTV's The Actors Speak - Gareth Thomas interview on CD, featuring Nick Courtney
- Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy - Two volume, 6 CD set, the radio show uncut, import!
- Dalek Empire: The Mutant Phase by Nicholas Briggs - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton
- The Holy Terror by Rob Shearman - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Colin Baker and Robert Jezek as Frobisher
- Professor Bernice Summerfield and the Doomsday Manuscript by Justin Richards - New Big Finish novel
- The Rani Reaps the Whirlwind by Pip & Jane Baker - New BBV audio starring Kate O'Mara, reprising her TV role as the Rani
- Doctor Who Magazine #297 & 298
- K-9 Holiday Ornament
- The John Nathan Turner Diaries, Volumes 1 & 2 from Big Finish Audio
- Dapol Sound and Light TARDIS
- Howe's Transcendental Toybox by David J. Howe and Arnold T. Blumberg - Complete guide to Doctor Who Merchandise
- Regeneration by Philip Segal and Gary Russell - Hardcover book, the making of the 1996 TV movie
- Endgame by Terrance Dicks (BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- The King of Terror by Keith Topping (BBC Fifth Doctor, Turlough, Tegan and UNIT novel)
- The Shadow of the Scourge by Paul Cornell - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure
starring Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred and Lisa Bowerman
- Dragons' Wrath by Justin Richards - Big Finish Bernice Summerfield audio
- Jon Pertwee: The Biography by Bernard Bale - Authorized biography
- Thunderbirds Board Game
- The Turing Test by Paul Leonnrd (BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- Independence Day by Peter Darvill-Evans (BBC Seventh Doctor & Ace novel)
- The Dead Men Diaries edited by Paul Cornell - Bernice Summerfield anthology book
- Sontarans: Conduct Unbecoming - BBV audio adventure
- Race Memory - BBV audio adventure (the Wirrn)
- Doctor Who Magazine #285
- Doctor Who at the Radiophonic Workshop, Vol 1 & 2 -
Audio CD's of incidental & other music
- The Fires of Vulcan by Steve Lyons -
Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Sylvester McCoy and Bonnie
- Casualties of War by Steve Emmerson
(BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- Festival of Death by Jonathan Morris
(BBC Fourth Doctor, Romana I and K-9 novel)
- Doctor Who 2001 Radio Times Calendar from Slow Dazzle - a wonderful item!
- The Highlanders - BBC Radio's Doctor
Who soundtrack album for the missing William Hartnell story on CD
- The Macra Terror
- BBC Radio's Doctor Who soundtrack album for the missing William Hartnell
story on CD
- Mythmakers Tape: Jacqueline Pearce
- Thunderbirds items - 2000 Yearbook, the "Thunderbirds Complete" book,
new Thunderbirds Sound & Speech action figures and playsets
- The Apocalypse Element
by Stephen Cole - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Colin Baker,
Maggie Stables and Lalla Ward
- Imperial Moon by Christopher Bulis (BBC
Fifth Doctor & Turlough novel)
- The Burning by Justin Richards (BBC
Eighth Doctor novel)
- The Ancestor Cell by Peter Anghelides
and Stephen Cole (BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- Prime Time by Mike Tucker (BBC Seventh
Doctor & Ace novel)
- Winter for the Adept
by Andrew Cartmel - Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Adventure starring Peter Davison
and Sarah Sutton
Trips & Side Steps edited by Stephen Cole & Jacqueline Rayner (BBC
3rd Who short story anthology)
by Paul Magrs (BBC Third Doctor/Jo novel; delayed by publisher, now in release)
- Galaxy 4 - BBC Radio's Doctor Who soundtrack
album for the missing William Hartnell story on CD
- The Ghosts of N-Space - BBC Radio's
Doctor Who play starring Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney and Elisabeth Sladen,
now available for the first time on CD
- Dalek Rolykins - New TOYS!
- The Space Age by Steve Lyons (BBC Eighth
- Grave Matter by Justin Richards (BBC
Sixth Doctor/Peri novel)
- The Spectre of Lanyon Moor - Big Finish
Doctor Who audio adventure starring Colin Baker, Maggie Stables and Nicholas
- Red Dawn - Big Finish Doctor Who audio
adventure starring Peter Davison & Nicola Bryant
- Dalek Empire: The Genocide Machine -
Big Finish Doctor Who audio adventure starring Sylvester McCoy and Sophie
- The Fall of Yquatine by Nick Walters
(BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- Coldheart by Trevor Baxendale (BBC Eighth
- The Marian Conspiracy - Big Finish Doctor
Who audio adventure starring Colin Baker and introducing Maggie Stables as
- The Web of Fear - BBC Radio's Doctor
Who soundtrack album for the missing Patrick Troughton story on CD
- The Paradise of Death - BBC Radio's
Doctor Who play starring Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney and Elisabeth Sladen,
now available for the first time on CD
- The Fearmonger - Big Finish Doctor Who
audio adventure starring Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred
- The Shadows of Avalon by Paul Cornell
(BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- Tomb of Valdemar by Simon Messingham
(BBC Fourth Doctor novel)
- The Land of the Dead - Fourth Big Finish
Doctor Who audio adventure starring Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton
- Parallel 59 by Stephen Cole and Natalie
Dallaire (BBC Eighth Doctor novel)
- Last of the Gadarene by Mark Gatiss
(BBC Third Doctor novel)
- The Boy Who Kicked Pigs by Tom Baker
-- limited editions, with a limited number of signed copies!
Ambrosia Books wishes to offer its loyal
customers our thanks and a special service: theAmbrosia Doctor Who Collectors'
Subscription. Each month, subscribers receive both of the new BBC Books'
offerings in a timely manner (shipped to you as soon as they arrive at our store)...
and are offered at TEN PERCENT (10%) off the cover price of each volume!
(Shipping costs will still apply... but you'll get it almost as soon as we do!)
For more information, call Ambrosia and ask for Ken!
Please note: If you order books via mail order from us and one or
more of your books are not in stock at time of shipping, we will ship the remainder
out ASAP and then ship the out-of-stock books the day they arrive! We are
ordering larger quantities of BBC Doctor Who books in the meantime!
AMBROSIA caters to the media and science fiction fan with the following:
- The latest Doctor Who books... we import them directly from BBC Books,
which hasn't yet made them available in the United States. Ambrosia is
one of the only carriers of new Doctor Who fiction in the U.S.
- Doctor Who videos as soon as they're released in American formats.
- We carry Doctor Who Magazine, Starburst, Starlog and Dreamwatch
- We specialize in Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars and Babylon
5 books, comics and media tie-in merchandise.
- The Best in Old and New Comics, with extensive back issues.
- Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Literature, geared toward both the literary
fan and the media fan.
- Toys from around the world.
- Rare and wonderful animation and science fiction videos (laserdiscs too!)
- Handcrafted one-of-a-kind teddy bears.
- Book signings and special events galore!
- Special orders welcome!