Free library for the Win32 API
- Release information
- Installing the library
- Download library
Version 0.1.5 released on Jan 8, 1999.
Please note: this is an old release, look for a more recent
library at Mumit Khan's
GNU Win32 related projects page. Mumit is maintaining the library at the moment.
- Nearly complete core API (some NT specifics are not complete), including Windows Networking, winsock, printer/spooler and NT services.
- Complete set of import libraries
- Common controls (including richedit + richole), common dialogs and shell API.
- DDE API.
- Multimedia API (mmsystem).
- Wininet (MS internet services)
- COM support + full shell interface for W9x and NT 4
- Basic OLE2 support
- Windows cryptographic services (wincrypt)
- LAN Manager API.
Installing the library
If you are using the source distribution you may install the library
by executing the command
`make install prefix=<dir>'
<dir> is the directory that holds the
/usr/local. If you want to install only the
headers or import libraries you may do so with the commands
`make install-headers' and
`make install-libs' respectively.
Building the import libraries requires that you have recent version of
dlltool, binutils, GNU make and EGCS in your PATH.
Return to GNU-Win32 page
Updated: Apr. 17 1999