Grey Labyrinth Home Recent Puzzles Puzzle Archives Links to Related Sites About The Grey Labyrinth Discussion Forums

Please visit our sponsors

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Grey Labyrinth Discussion Forums
  Visitor Games
  Newbie Mafia begins (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Newbie Mafia begins
Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-17-2001 03:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
The Living:

• Loki (Town)
  • SilverWolfe (Town)
  • Tenshi (Town)
  • SeventhWhisper (Cop)
  • The Master (Town)
  • Death Mage (Town)
  • JesterNL (Town)
  • Courk (Town)

8 Players

The Dead:

• ChienFou (Townsfolk, murdered by the mafia)
  • Fezzik (Mafia, lynched)
  • sweetwater(Townsfolk, murdered by the mafia)
  • Lube999 (Mafia, died of embarassment)
  • Taflinel (Townsfolk, murdered by the mafia)
  • Whup (Mafia, the last victim to fall to Courk's deducing powers)

6 players.

Status: The town had won! It is safe to roam the streets again at night.

You can find the signup thread with the rules summary here

Antrax

------------------
The Legendary Track Record of the Paragon of Mole Catchings:
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Blatant Mole Impersonation
1 Mole Stalking

[This message has been edited by Antrax (edited 07-02-2001).]

IP: Logged

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-17-2001 05:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
Loki and SeventhWhisper:
I need your emails if you want to play. Either put it in your profile, or, if you don't want everyone to know it, email me so I can have it. We can't start the game until you do so. I'll email the rest their roles in the meantime.
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

Tenshi_(the_power)_Taylor
Daedalian Member
posted 06-17-2001 06:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tenshi_(the_power)_Taylor   Click Here to Email Tenshi_(the_power)_Taylor     Edit/Delete Message
I can't confirm for about twelve hours since emaqil is blocked from school.

------------------
If they aren't safe, why are they called Safe-T-knives?

utsu0tenshi: hi luna!
LunaSilvertongue: Hi Tenshi
LunaSilvertongue signed off at 9:27:30 PM.

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-17-2001 07:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
Posting in this thread counts as confirmation. I'm just making sure nobody forgot about the game and everybody know that it's starting.
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-18-2001 06:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
If your name doesn't have "confirmed" next to it, YOU ARE HOLDING UP THE GAME. This especially applies to Loki and SeventhWhisper, who didn't supply their email address, despite me saying it specifically in the signup thread. So, by all means, bug them, bug them, bug them. Stalk them IRL and yell "HEY YOU! GIVE YOUR EMAIL TO ANTRAX" in their ear when they try to concentrate. Call them up at odd hours of the night. Invite them to GL Central then yell at them for holding up the game.
Or we can just wait a little longer, but what's the fun in that?
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

mithrandir
posted 06-18-2001 10:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mithrandir   Click Here to Email mithrandir     Edit/Delete Message
Courk is in this??? She's no newbie.

mithrandir
posted 06-18-2001 10:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mithrandir   Click Here to Email mithrandir     Edit/Delete Message
ditto for the master. i'm hurt and stuff :P

Courk
posted 06-18-2001 06:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Courk   Click Here to Email Courk     Edit/Delete Message
I'm just here to guide the newbies along. I think my exact words were "If you NEED another player..." so :-P

HURRY UP AND CONFIRM!!! I need to post about more mafia! *goes back to check D*

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 05:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
mith, you're just too devious to be in ANY mafia game, let alone a newbie one.

Loki, SeventhWhisper, Lube999, Napoleon_Xth:
If you do not supply an email/confirm (whichever is applicable) soon, I'll start replacing you. I already have Whup on the replacement list, and I can just fill it up with intermediate players as needed. YOU ARE HOLDING UP THE GAME. That's not very fair for the other players.
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

The Master
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 06:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for The Master   Click Here to Email The Master     Edit/Delete Message
Newbies are slow! RUNE NEWBIE RUN!!!

------------------
In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
--
IM Screen Name=Pantalaimon0

Countdown to 2000 posts: 85

[This message has been edited by The Master (edited 06-19-2001).]

Loki
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 10:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Loki   Click Here to Email Loki     Edit/Delete Message
My bad. Here, better send this to both my home and work e-mails:

Mark.Hodges@WWireless.com
markhodges@juno.com

Danke.

PuzzleProdigy
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 12:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PuzzleProdigy   Click Here to Email PuzzleProdigy     Edit/Delete Message
I'll sub for someone. I'm kind of newbie, if you don't count one game that I got to play in, and others that I'm currently in.

The Master
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 04:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for The Master   Click Here to Email The Master     Edit/Delete Message
I think that name of this thread should be altered.

CD to 2K: 80

------------------
In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
--

Loki
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 05:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Loki   Click Here to Email Loki     Edit/Delete Message
I'm pretty sure I confirmed. Forgive my newbieness, but what is it meant by, "You are a Secret Assassin who gets 3 kills per night"...?

Lube999
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 05:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lube999   Click Here to Email Lube999     Edit/Delete Message
cool, i just confirmed! Count me in!!!

Death Mage
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 05:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Death Mage   Click Here to Email Death Mage     Edit/Delete Message
Wow, I didn't know there were TWO of those, Loki.

------------------
These senseless ramblings brought to you by Insanity™. If you just can't figure the dang thing out, it must be Insanity™.
-.. --- / -. --- - / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.-
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Lube999
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 06:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lube999   Click Here to Email Lube999     Edit/Delete Message
is 6:00 PM copnsidered night?

Lube999
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 06:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lube999   Click Here to Email Lube999     Edit/Delete Message
forget it, i gewt it, it's night until the mafia makes a kill. I hope i'm not picked.

SeventhWhisper
Icarian Member
posted 06-19-2001 08:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SeventhWhisper   Click Here to Email SeventhWhisper     Edit/Delete Message
Sorry, Sorry, i'm in. my email should be ready to go.

peace

Fezzik
Icarian Member
posted 06-19-2001 10:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fezzik   Click Here to Email Fezzik     Edit/Delete Message
I hope this game gets started soon, I'm starting to become paranoid, I think the mafia are after me.

------------------

"Anybody want a peanut?"

sweetwater
Daedalian Member
posted 06-19-2001 11:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetwater   Click Here to Email sweetwater     Edit/Delete Message
placeholder

The Master
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 06:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for The Master   Click Here to Email The Master     Edit/Delete Message
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry, but those were the funniest posts I have seen in a long time!

CD to 2K: 78

------------------
--

Plexer
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 07:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Plexer   Click Here to Email Plexer     Edit/Delete Message
Is it just me or are most of the daedalian?
Ok these posts are good.... vbery good. change the topic to "What happens when we give newbies control of a forum"

Plexer
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 07:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Plexer   Click Here to Email Plexer     Edit/Delete Message
Especially that whole I am a secret assasin one.. very creative... not original.. but creative.

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 12:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
I have replaced Napoleon_Xth with Whup, the first on my replacement list. Whup was emailed, and once he and SeventhWhisper (who only gave his email now, saving himself from being replaced) confirm. This should happen in the next day or so, so keep checking back. The thread's title will be meaningful soon, really!
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

Lube999
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 08:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lube999   Click Here to Email Lube999     Edit/Delete Message
K, what is UBN code, and is it any useful to use?

Loki
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 08:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Loki   Click Here to Email Loki     Edit/Delete Message
NO!

SeventhWhisper
Icarian Member
posted 06-20-2001 09:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SeventhWhisper   Click Here to Email SeventhWhisper     Edit/Delete Message
PLACE YOUR AD HERE.

Whup
Icarian Member
posted 06-20-2001 10:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Whup   Click Here to Email Whup     Edit/Delete Message
Ive confirmed. Just finished thermo exam ten minutes ago....sorry Ive Im holding things up.

sweetwater
Daedalian Member
posted 06-20-2001 10:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetwater   Click Here to Email sweetwater     Edit/Delete Message
Fans of the Beatles, go here.

Ryoushi
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 04:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ryoushi   Click Here to Email Ryoushi     Edit/Delete Message
Has anyone made a DPW/Fezzik joke yet? If not, why not?

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 01:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
Everybody confirmed, send targets if applicable, let's get the game going.
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

Loki
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 01:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Loki   Click Here to Email Loki     Edit/Delete Message
I have a feeling that this will be Salem Witch Trial Mafia. There are no mafia in town at all, but we proceed to lynch a person every day.

Fezzik
Icarian Member
posted 06-21-2001 03:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fezzik   Click Here to Email Fezzik     Edit/Delete Message
Loki-That would be pretty cruel.

------------------

"Anybody want a peanut?"

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 03:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax     Edit/Delete Message
ChienFou was walking on the street, when a dark figure approached him.
ChienFou:Woof?
Figure:Hello, signore.
ChienFou:Grrrr!
Figure:Bad dog. *bang bang*
As morning rises, the townspeople are shocked to find the beloved town's dog, ChienFou, lying dead in a puddle of his own blood. He was merely a townsfolk, one of their own. Furious, they decide the sooner they eliminate the mafias hiding among them, the better.
Start voting!
Antrax

------------------
340 Points
8 Outplayed Players
1 Mole Stalking

Fezzik
Icarian Member
posted 06-21-2001 03:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fezzik   Click Here to Email Fezzik     Edit/Delete Message
Ryoushi: I'm slightly better at hand to hand combat. "I can't help it; I don't even exercise."

------------------

"Anybody want a peanut?"

Fezzik
Icarian Member
posted 06-21-2001 04:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fezzik   Click Here to Email Fezzik     Edit/Delete Message
I think Courk is the type of person that would kill a defenceless dog!

------------------

"Anybody want a peanut?"

Loki
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 04:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Loki   Click Here to Email Loki     Edit/Delete Message
I'm of a mind that mafia post more than townspeople on account of being more interested and active. I gotta go Fezzik as being too talky.

Death Mage
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 05:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Death Mage   Click Here to Email Death Mage     Edit/Delete Message
Since I'm too tired and too sick to think today, I'll point the finger at Fezzik as well.

------------------
These senseless ramblings brought to you by Insanity™. If you just can't figure the dang thing out, it must be Insanity™.
-.. --- / -. --- - / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.-
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Tenshi_(the_power)_Taylor
Daedalian Member
posted 06-21-2001 06:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tenshi_(the_power)_Taylor   Click Here to Email Tenshi_(the_power)_Taylor     Edit/Delete Message
Lets start the first bandwagon

Vote : Fezzik

------------------
If they aren't safe, why are they called Safe-T-knives?

utsu0tenshi: hi luna!
LunaSilvertongue: Hi Tenshi
LunaSilvertongue signed off at 9:27:30 PM.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | The Grey Labyrinth