§ 817.98. Determination of prizewinners.
(a) The pari-mutuel prize awarded to the owner of the ticket will be determined as follows:
Tickets Containing the Following, In One Single Lettered Game Grid Prize
Percent (%) of Winnings
Pool Allocated to Prize Category
All Six Winning Numbers Regular First Prize 50% Five Winning Numbers Plus The Supplementary Number Alternate First Prize (10%)* Five Winning Numbers Second Prize 20% Four Winning Numbers Prize 30% *See Subsection (h)(1)
(b) If, in a Lotto game drawing no play on a standard game ticket has all six winning numbers selected in one single lettered game grid, then 20% of the Regular First Prize10% of the winnings poolwill be payable to the Alternate First Prize Category.
(c) Prize money allocated to the Regular First Prize Category will be divided equally by the number of plays on Standard Games winning a first prize.
(d) Prize money allocated to the Alternate First Prize Category will be divided equally by the number of plays on Standard Games winning an alternate first prize.
(e) Prize money allocated to the Second Prize Category will be divided equally by the number of plays on Standard Games winning a second prize.
(f) Prize money allocated to the Third Prize Category will be divided equally by the number of plays on Standard Games winning a third prize.
(h) If, in a Lotto game drawing, no Standard Game play qualifies for the Regular First Prize Category, the amount allocated for the regular first prize shall be allocated as follows:
(1) Twenty percent of the First Prize Category money allocated for the winnings pool will be reallocated as the Alternate First Prize Category money, which will be divided equally by the number of plays on Standard Games which win the Alternate First Prize Category.
(2) Eighty percent of the first prize money allocated from the winnings pool, plus an amount brought forward from a previous Lotto game drawing, will be added to the amount allocated for the Regular First Prize Category money in the next Lotto game drawing and the resultant amount shall be divided as in subsection (c).
(i) If in a Lotto game drawing there are no plays on Standard Games which qualify for another particular prize category, the prize money allocated to the particular prize category will be reallocated and added to the amount allocated for the Regular First Prize Category money in the next Lotto game drawing; and the resultant amount will be divided as in subsection (c).
(j) On winning Standard Games prizes will be paid as follows:
(1) Individual ticket prize payments will be paid entirely in cash with the exception of the Regular First Prize Category.
(2) Prizes payable to Regular First Prize Category winners will be paid by an initial cash payment plus equal annual payments over a specified term of 20 years.
(3) If more than one winning play is determined, each, upon meeting the requirements of § § 817.100 and 817.101 (relating to ticket validation requirements; and procedures for claiming and payment of prizes), is entitled to a prorated payment share of the total first prize for the 20 year term.
(4) The total of initial cash payments and annual payments over the term for the Regular First Prize Category may not be less than $1 million.
(5) The Secretary may elect to make payment entirely as an initial cash payment.
(6) The prize pool will be increased as necessary under paragraph (4) from funds authorized for the payment of prizes.
(k) The holder of a winning ticket may win in only one prize category per single lettered game grid in connection with the winning numbers or supplementary number drawn, and is entitled only to the highest prize won by those numbers.
(l) For purpose of calculation of a prize to be paid with respect to a standard game, the calculation will be rounded down so that prizes can be paid in multiples of 50¢.
(m) The number of prize categories and the allocation of prize money among the prize categories may be changed at the discretion of the Director and the change will be announced by public notice.
(n) Retailer incentive and marketing promotion programs may be implemented at the discretion of the Director. Funds for the programs will be drawn from the Lottery Fund.
The provisions of this § 817.98 adopted April 9, 1982, effective April 10, 1982, 12 Pa.B. 1177; amended July 15, 1983, effective July 6, 1983, 13 Pa.B. 2208; amended August 30, 1985, effective September 1, 1985, 15 Pa.B. 3091; amended March 27, 1987, effective March 7, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 1302. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (110255) to (110257).
This section cited in 61 Pa. Code § 817.92 (relating to purpose); and 61 Pa. Code § 817.102 (relating to parimutuel prize pool).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.