THE FORCE.NET

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Jedi Council
   Episodes II & III
  How should Mace Windu die? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   How should Mace Windu die?
Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Anyone have any ideas on how Mace Windu should die? I haven't seen any threads on this and I checked back a few pages so I hope not. I have hypothesized a lot, but can't think of any good ideas.

IP: Logged

yodaadoy9
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for yodaadoy9   Click Here to Email yodaadoy9     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
By friendly-fire. . No. I'm just kidding. I think he should die of old age. Either that or be electricuted by Palpatine. I think he shouldn't die by being killed by a Jedi Knight. I think he is to good a Jedi (at fighting) to die that way.

yodaadoy9
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for yodaadoy9   Click Here to Email yodaadoy9     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Also, I forgot. He could also die by trying to save Yoda. Maybe letting Yoda get on a ship while he kept the Sith distracted. Then Mace ends up dying. But, it's just a thought.

c_2005
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for c_2005   Click Here to Email c_2005     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree, I think if Mace Windu has a choice, he should die protecting Yoda or some other Jedi Master/Jedi Knight. If not Yoda, maybe the female Jedi Master/Jedi Knight he trained, the good looking Middle Eastern woman.

galactic_bounty_hunter
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for galactic_bounty_hunter   Click Here to Email galactic_bounty_hunter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mayham!!! Jedi's vs Mandelorians in the Jedi temple. All the jedi's protecting homebase are killed, including a few minor council members. Yoda and a few of the other members are away (clone wars, other matters etc), along with the bulk of the enlisted Jedi knights and padawans. The mandelorians from the attack are all finally dead. Windu kicked *** , the only jedi still standing. This was a vulnerable time at the temple, a prime time to attack it. Palpatine shows up at the temple. Afterall he is Supreme Chancellor. Windu is relieved to see a familiar face. Palpy seizes the moment and kills Windu with the same force-lightning he threw at Luke in ROTJ. Palpy brushes himself off and draws a black hood over his head. This is where we learn that Palpy=Sidious.

What do you think? We get to see windu kick some major *** , but we know he has to die since yoda will be the only surviving jedi council member by the time EP's 4,5,&6 roll around. Besides, I think for someone to successfully take out Windu he'd have to be both weakened and have his guard down (somewhat trusting).

Darth Pipes
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Darth Pipes   Click Here to Email Darth Pipes     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Personally, I would like to see him killed in combat with Anakin. Anakin needs to kill one of the big three Jedi(Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace) to make him look really powerful and bad***.

Another cool way for him to die would be holding off a legion of Stromtroopers while Obi-Wan, Amidala, baby Luke and Leia, and Yoda escape.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree with galactic, Windu was very noble and smart, he'd have to be somewhat incapacitated or unaware.

Darth Pipes
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Darth Pipes   Click Here to Email Darth Pipes     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Also, perhaps he doesn't make it to Ep 3. Perhaps he's killed in the Clone Wars in Ep 2.

yodaadoy9
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for yodaadoy9   Click Here to Email yodaadoy9     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wow! You people have good answers! They all seem possible to me.

c_2005
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for c_2005   Click Here to Email c_2005     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mandalorians in the Jedi temple. A pretty brave speculation. Hard to see is the future.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How would the Mandalorian's get in the temple?

yodaadoy9
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 04:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for yodaadoy9   Click Here to Email yodaadoy9     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Break into the door. The temple is on Yavin 4 isn't it? Those three tall buildings on Yavin 4 in A New Hope. Those have something to do with the Jedi don't they? OK. Some people are telling me I am nutty. But I'm not. I'm looking for a web site with information on those temples on Yavin 4.

[This message has been edited by yodaadoy9 (edited 11-13-1999).]

Emuboy
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Emuboy   Click Here to Email Emuboy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Um, no... The Jedu Temple is on Coruscant... I have no clue. But he's gotta die. I just don't see Mace as the surviving type, ya know?

galactic_bounty_hunter
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for galactic_bounty_hunter   Click Here to Email galactic_bounty_hunter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Brad:

They're swamping Coruscant. They are continually be cloned/regenerated. Sheer numbers of warriors are not a problem. But even though they are clones, they are LIVING beings. Not easily disposed of battle droids. Lucas says himself (I forget the source) that we will learn why stormtroopers replace the battle droid concept. The living are much more formidable. The Jedi temple is minimally staffed because of the problems that the clones are causing throughout the galaxy. Although we'd like to see a big b"Braveheart" style battle, it doesn't make much sense. Nothing would be a match for 100's of Jedi's in one place. So what do you do if you want to take over the universe, knowing that the Jedi are the guardians? Answer: Wreak havoc at many different locations, causing only a few Jedi's to be dispached to a given trouble spot (like Naboo in EP 1). Sure, penetrating the temple would still be tough, but it's defenses won't be 100% during the clone wars, right? So the mandelorians force their way in, little by little. The bulk of the Jedi are too far away to save the temple, or Windu!!!

I'm not taking a defensive posture to your question. This is just a possible scenario (from an overactive imagination) that may explain how they'd get in. Maybe Palpy pulls a few strings along the way too??

galactic_bounty_hunter
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for galactic_bounty_hunter   Click Here to Email galactic_bounty_hunter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sorry for the confusion, yodaadoy9:

When I refer to the temple, I'm speaking of the jedi temple on Coruscant!

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Galactic;
That's a fantastic idea, seriously, I especially like the Palpatine pulling strings idea.

galactic_bounty_hunter
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for galactic_bounty_hunter   Click Here to Email galactic_bounty_hunter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Brad:

We all know Palpy is a sneaky little SOB. Palpy could easily, and secretly, grant landing permission for a transport or 20 to land not too far from the temple. These transports would carry clones, of course. He definitely has to power to make a few unscheduled landings happen without the higher-ups knowing about it. Who knows, maybe palpy even has a small cloning facility on Coruscant?? There are lots of ways Palpy could potentially get clones in close proximity to the temple, especially by pulling political strings.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Good Point

Fett2112
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 05:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fett2112   Click Here to Email Fett2112     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ten bucks says he gets mauled by drugged up Gungans.

Gantoris
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 06:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gantoris   Click Here to Email Gantoris     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the way Mace should die is at the hands of Anakin. a bunch of wimps in armor are no match for a jedi master like mace windu, and i never liked that force lighting crap the palp uses. it'd be coolest to see him go down in a big lightsaber fight with anakin

yodaadoy9
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 06:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for yodaadoy9   Click Here to Email yodaadoy9     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
No problem galactic_bounty_hunter. I understand. I was thinking that maybe the Jedi moved to Yavin 4 when Palpatine became Emperor. Then the Sith might have attacked them there. I recall reading somewhere that two of the temples on Yavin 4 are Jedi, and one is Sith.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 07:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think any way Windu dies, it should be spectacular or honorable.

Master Eric
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 07:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Master Eric   Click Here to Email Master Eric     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I wonder if he will disappear?

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 11:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Maybe Windu will be GL's way of showing why/how Jedi disappear.

Luke Jivetalker
Jedi Knight
posted 11-13-1999 11:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Luke Jivetalker   Click Here to Email Luke Jivetalker     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Actually, those temples on Yavin referred to earlier aren't Jedi.

They were built by the enslaved Massassi race under the control of the Sith Lord Exar Kun. He was using them to focus the powers of the dark side.
In a last ditch effort he destroyed all of the Massassi people to transfer his entity to the temples. Until he could get ressurected.
Hey, I read it in the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

DarthFitz
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 12:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DarthFitz   Click Here to Email DarthFitz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yah, he'll ne dying and Ankin will come to him and he will explain the whole thing in the most boring few minutes of Star Wars (close to Yoda dying in ROTJ, hte rest of the movie is awesome but that part is sooo boring) anyway, the whole audience will sigh and go "oooh that's the reason."

DarthFitz
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 12:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DarthFitz   Click Here to Email DarthFitz     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yah, he'll ne dying and Ankin will come to him and he will explain the whole thing in the most boring few minutes of Star Wars (close to Yoda dying in ROTJ, hte rest of the movie is awesome but that part is sooo boring) anyway, the whole audience will sigh and go "oooh that's the reason."

Golden Knight
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Golden Knight   Click Here to Email Golden Knight     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Maybe they'll drop a moon on him...

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 12:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How do you propose a celestial body be "dropped" on a Jedi. I am not trying to be a smart@$$ or anything, but I am just kinda caught up in the properness of astrophysics.

Alec drinks Guiness
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 07:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alec drinks Guiness   Click Here to Email Alec drinks Guiness     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mace decides to change his lifestyle and roam the galaxy lookin for adventures and #*@! like Cane in Kung Fu...(i couldn't resist)

Mace gives his life (in a blaze of glory) so Yoda, his fellow warrior and true friend, can escape to the distant world of Dagobah... in episode 3.

Darth Curious
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 08:01 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Darth Curious   Click Here to Email Darth Curious     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Last I heard, after the Jedi kill off the Mandalore, Boba Fett pops up and kills Windu, since he's in his 20-something prime of his life.

Hey, this hypothesis was put forward just after TPM was released, so excuse me if it's far-fetched. I neer hang out here, you can find me in Community.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 12:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Kan Obi So Cool   Click Here to Email Brad Kan Obi So Cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If Boba Fett popped up, then wouldn't Windu sense him and turn in time to deflect his attck.

Jedi15
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 12:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jedi15   Click Here to Email Jedi15     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Boba Fett would be no match for Mace Windu! Why, you may ask? Because Mace is a JEDI MASTER! Duh! Not even Fett's armor could withstand a lightsaber. In ROTJ, Luke (and Han) kicked his butt. When you think about it, Fett's a good bounty hunter but a lousy fighter (Dengar was always my favorite).

Jedi Windu
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 02:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jedi Windu   Click Here to Email Jedi Windu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mace Windu will never die.

Jedi Windu
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 02:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jedi Windu   Click Here to Email Jedi Windu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It would be cool for Mace and Anakin to get on at the end of ep.III after Anakin dones the suit. It would be the start of the 'Jedi Purge'. For course, Mace will give Anakin the fight of his life.

Darth Binky
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 05:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Darth Binky   Click Here to Email Darth Binky     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't think the death of Windu will really be a major plotline in EpIII (which if it happens, will probably be in EpIII); he's important, but the story is about Anakin (first and foremost), Obi-Wan, Yoda and Amidala.
Assuming he (GL) does show it, I think it would go more like a parallel to ROTJ:SE. In the end, we see mobs of people tearing down symbols of the Empire at Coruscant. It shows flashes of the Empire's death. So EpIII will be similar. We will see flashes- a jedi being cut down here- Republic soldiers (non-stormtrooper) getting shot- then Mace Windu, the de facto leader of the Jedi Council, cut down by Vader and falling, similar to the statue of Palpy in the Coruscant scene from ROTJ:SE. We will then know that the Republic and the Jedi Order of old is dead, just as the Empire died at the end of ROTJ. EpIII's not going to be a happy movie, but Lucas is into this parallel thing, as anyone who has been paying even a little attention knows. But that's my opinion.

Jedi Master Ben
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 05:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jedi Master Ben   Click Here to Email Jedi Master Ben     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You guys, this is all fine and good, but the real question at hand is how should Jar Jar die? More people would want to talk about something they hate a despise dying, rather than someone people like, like Mace.

c_2005
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 05:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for c_2005   Click Here to Email c_2005     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Who says the Mandalorians are killed off???!

Aks_Moe
unregistered
posted 11-14-1999 06:15 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I like the idea of Mace protecting Yoda. Maybe we'll see Yoda safely boarding a ship to Dagobah and Mace staying behind to make sure all the other Masters and Knights escape safely. We everyone flees, Mace looks at his enemies (who are raising their blasters at him), brings his lightsabre to his face, and, just as the enemy opens fire, he disappears (just like Obi-Wan in ANH).

Talk about cycles and patterns in the events of the prequels!

Brent
Jedi Knight
posted 11-14-1999 07:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brent     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think Mace Windu should be confronted by Anakin, and a spectacular duel insues.

that's the only way, at least in my mind.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | TheForce.net

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45