Warrenton Station A is a multi-agency [including Department of State and Central Intelligence Agency] training facility, primarily used by Directorate of Administration and Directorate of Intelligence personnel [Directorate of Operations staff are trained at Camp Peary and Harvey Point, as well as other locations consistent with their operational cover in the Washington area].
The Warrenton Training Center [WTC] is a communications training and support facility of the National Communications System [NCS]. The US Army serves as executive agent for the administration and management of the facilities on behalf of the NCS. Center employees include civilian personnel assigned from various NCS signatory agencies, including the Department of Defense and the Department of State.
The Warrenton Training Center was first esablished on 01 June 1951 as a Department of Defense Communication Training Activity with the US Army Element designated as the executive agent for administration and management of the center. On 10 June 1973 the center was transferred to teh Department of the Army and redesignated as the US Army Training Group, Warrenton Training Center, under the staff cognizance of the US Army Security Agency, the Army cryptologic service element of the Central Security Service. In consonance with mission realignments, on 01 September 1982 the center reverted to Defense Department control as the Warrenton Training Center with facility management by the Army as executive agent on behalf of the National Communications System.