Grey Labyrinth Home Recent Puzzles Puzzle Archives Links to Related Sites About The Grey Labyrinth Discussion Forums AIM Chat Room

Get your GL T-Shirt today!

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Grey Labyrinth Discussion Forums
  Visitor Games
  Mafia 33 (The long awaited return of D&D Mafia) (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Mafia 33 (The long awaited return of D&D Mafia)
dethwing
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dethwing   Click Here to Email dethwing   Edit/Delete Message
Darkness falls over the land. Evil is eveywhere. This is the land where myths become reality. It's also going to be one heck of a fun game!

Carebear
chien
Crazycellist
CrystyB
Huey
Lepton
Lil
L'lanmal
Logain
Pika
Purgation
Samadhi
Sparhawk
SweetWater
The Presiden
VinnyQ
Wordcross

Antrax(ORC, Killed by the Lizardmen)
JDTAY(Dragon Slayer, Slain by the were-wolf)
Mudster(Assasin, killed by the Goblins)
Taflinel(Assasin, killed by the Orcs)
DPW(Orc, Lynched)
Groza(Goblin, Killed by the Lizardmen)
Macros(Orc Clan, Burned by the dragon)
IS(Orc clan, Lynched)
Sooth(Lizardman, Lynched, Warped)
Felonix(Lizardman Spy, Burned by the dragon)
HyToFry(Assasin, Killed by goblins, Warped)
Greg(Lizardman, Lynched)
Zephyr(Evil Magi, Lynched)
Mith(Cleric, Burned by the Dragon)
Mole(Thief, Killed by Goblins)
Chuck(Evil Magi, Kill by the wolf)
LongFeng(Mage Hunter, Lynched, Stoned)
The CheshireMan(DRAGON, Lynched)
Master, The(Assasin, Burned by the dragon at the gallows)
Tyanar(Mage, Killed by the Lizardmen, Warped)

It is now Night, since the town couldnt make up it's mind, no lynch

NOTE: If you did not recieve an e-mail, it means I couldn't find it online. Please e-mail or IM me asap, so i can tell you your role. You know who you are!

Recap of the voting system:
Italic votes can be switch 4 times and cary the weight of 1 vote
Bold votes can be switch 2 times and cary the weight of 2 votes
Bold/ Italic votes can be switch 0 times and cary the weight of 3 votes
There are 37 people in the game, if voting began now (IT DOESNT!) it would take 19 votes to lynch a person. That can be reach with a minimum of 7 people. Thus many people can be lynched in one day. When the number of people alive is reduced to 10 or below, regular voting with be reinstated.

If you have a question, please do not hesitate to ask, e-mail me or aim me. During the week I will have schoolwork, and thus will not be able to check as often as i would like.
There is a 3 week day limit on choices and voting. (Thus choices are due wednesday by 5 PM EST

------------------
Eternity: Smoking or Non?

[This message has been edited by dethwing (edited 11-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dethwing (edited 11-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dethwing (edited 11-20-2001).]

IP: Logged

groza528
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for groza528   Click Here to Email groza528   Edit/Delete Message
are non-italic, non-bold votes permissible?
And after an italic vote, can you switch to a bold italic vote or some such thing?

The Cheshire Man
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Cheshire Man   Edit/Delete Message
Unbold unitalic votes are called accusations, carry no voting weight, and have appeared in every mafia game ever played.

No, unless dethwing has changed his mind since he last posted, you cannot change your votestyle once you vote.

By the way, I sent you my e-mail address in an e-mail, dethwing.

------------------
Now you see me, now you don't... but keep smiling!

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Enough is enough. I know what's going on.

The only time I have been assigned maf in a game so far, I was kicked out before I could even play. I think in Maf 17 mith knew Spinach was me when I signed up, and went with it and assigned me maf just to spite me by taking me out before I could play. This makes 16 games I've played in where I was not maf, and 0 where I was maf (and got to play). This defies probability. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

ChienFou
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChienFou   Click Here to Email ChienFou   Edit/Delete Message
Cheer Up JDTAY, I'll make you one of my Fujiyama overnight mafia game cocktails.

------------------
We got our bone back from that nice Mith, but Blue Spaniel stole it again. Then we got a nice new juicy bone from Lepton. Mith and Lepton are nice people and Blue Spaniel sucks.

Lepton
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lepton   Click Here to Email Lepton   Edit/Delete Message
JD must be mafia. I say we lynch him.

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Bah. That's the kind of logic that gets JDTAY killed.

dethwing
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dethwing   Click Here to Email dethwing   Edit/Delete Message
thanks chesire, you are correct

The Cheshire Man
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Cheshire Man   Edit/Delete Message
Would the monsters or the undead or the dragon please kill JDTAY tonight? Last time he pulled this he got in a yelling match with Antrax and Handsome Dan and he almost got me lynched the first turn over in Mafia 31.

Not that I'm bitter.

------------------

mudster
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mudster   Click Here to Email mudster   Edit/Delete Message
um... haven't received mail
afurax@hotmail.com

------------------
Blarg
Brother to the inventor of the "OMG, you suck" quote

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 09-28-2001 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax   Edit/Delete Message
It wasn't a yelling match per se -- more like "JDTAY showing off just how stupid a human being can pretend to be". It was quite awe-inspiring.
Antrax

------------------
And now, for something completely different:
LunaSilvertongue: Antrax, I hate you.
"Antrax, stop being an idiot." - Drake
justinl87: you're so mean
"BTW, Antrax is an idiot and should be lynched anyways, evil or not" - JDTAY

Purgation
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purgation   Edit/Delete Message
I still haven't got an e-mail, so here's my e-mail add, just in case:
sep@hotmail.com

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Actually, Antrax, it was a yelling match. It was pretty one sided though, with you doing most of the yelling. Although, I'm going to partially agree with Cheshire here, would the dragon please attack me tonight?

Dragon
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon   Click Here to Email Dragon   Edit/Delete Message
Glad to be of service...

WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Huey
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Huey   Click Here to Email Huey   Edit/Delete Message
pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, JD and Antrax. Let's not do the same thing here.

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax   Edit/Delete Message
Umm, Huey, all I did was deduce JD as mafia. JDTAY started defending himself using his trademarked "let's just say things at random but make my posts really long" method, which seems to have confused enough people to keep him alive for one round.
Antrax

------------------

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Deduce? That's not the type of logic you used. If it was "deduced", you would have found at least 15 other people to be not mafia.

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax   Edit/Delete Message
JDTAY, you spammed Maf 31 worse enough, no point in doing it here, too.
Antrax

------------------

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Um, you're doing it too...

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Besides, if anything is based on suspicions instead of proven facts, it can't be called logic by definition. We were both using crap logic the whole time. If only one of us had an investigative role (in Maf 31).

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax   Edit/Delete Message
This is the last post from me on this issue. My logic was solid, as proven by your complete failure to disprove it, claim anything against it, or even bring any of the "evidence" you claimed to have against me. Your logic, however, was assaulted by me, and looky look, you couldn't defend it. Hence, you were using crap logic, and I wasn't. This is pointless, by now most everybody realized you're mafia, so just kill me tonight and get it over with.
Antrax

------------------

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
Um, you weren't able to disprove my logic that I didn't have a role that was shared with anyone, like mafia or mason. If I was, I could have easily killed HD.

JDTAY
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDTAY   Click Here to Email JDTAY   Edit/Delete Message
We should keep this in the other thread. I'll shut up now. Take the last word if you'd like.

[This message has been edited by JDTAY (edited 09-29-2001).]

Macros The Black
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macros The Black   Click Here to Email Macros The Black   Edit/Delete Message
i got my e-mail, just postingto say hello to my fellow players in this great game, which, for all my attempts i have never got around to playing in the gl, only in gl central.

Tyenar
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tyenar   Click Here to Email Tyenar   Edit/Delete Message
I can't wait for day to start, that is when the game gets fun. I know you need to wait so everyone can get their things in durring the night, but it is also so boreing

[This message has been edited by Tyenar (edited 09-29-2001).]

Antrax
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Antrax   Click Here to Email Antrax   Edit/Delete Message
Read: "Mafia, please shoot me".
Antrax

------------------

The Cheshire Man
Daedalian Member
posted 09-29-2001 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Cheshire Man   Edit/Delete Message
How many responses have you gotten so far, dethwing? Who are we waiting for?

------------------

wordcross
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wordcross   Click Here to Email wordcross   Edit/Delete Message
what taking HIM so long? Tyenar and i are still waiting for a tie-breaker!

------------------
All these words, they make no sense
I've found bliss in ignorance!

The Cheshire Man
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The Cheshire Man   Edit/Delete Message
I'm still trying to figure out how to hold a duel between you two. I've almost got it though...just a few more toads to work out. ;}

------------------

Tyenar
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tyenar   Click Here to Email Tyenar   Edit/Delete Message
Wordcross, if I don't think it would get us killed, I would say we should try and kill him so that he would have more time to spend making up the tie breaker.

------------------
back from the deep, up to the sky

The Cheshire Man
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Cheshire Man   Edit/Delete Message
Don't even think it, Tyenar...

Look, Wordcross, checkout the "Chlai" thread, create a Chlai, and practice beating up Tyenar's chlai until I can get the Grimoires ready.

------------------

dethwing
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dethwing   Click Here to Email dethwing   Edit/Delete Message
time is not even close to being up...and i am still missing one person's e-mail adress.

carebear
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carebear   Click Here to Email carebear   Edit/Delete Message
We haven't even started, and we're already at each others throats! Alright! (sarcasm)

crazycellist
Daedalian Member
posted 09-30-2001 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazycellist   Click Here to Email crazycellist   Edit/Delete Message
Here, have some Dr Pepper yall, calm down a bit! Noone's dead yet! Just go to sleep, or in the case of college students, keep on studying...

Tyenar
Daedalian Member
posted 10-01-2001 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tyenar   Click Here to Email Tyenar   Edit/Delete Message
well carebear, just to keep up the mood, I would like to say [sarcasm] that that was a comment that a mafia would make. I mean who else would be excited that we are at each other's throats.

vote: carebear
[/sarcasm]

mole
Daedalian Member
posted 10-01-2001 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mole   Click Here to Email mole   Edit/Delete Message
Mafia? Where?

-tries to find the 'D&D Players' Guide to Sicily' to look up their stats-

mudster
Daedalian Member
posted 10-01-2001 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mudster   Click Here to Email mudster   Edit/Delete Message
*whistles a tune as he walks by, totally oblivious to the war happening in the town*

------------------
Blarg
Brother to the inventor of the "OMG, you suck" quote

Dragon
Daedalian Member
posted 10-01-2001 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon   Click Here to Email Dragon   Edit/Delete Message
* waits to see whom he burnt last night *

wordcross
Daedalian Member
posted 10-01-2001 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wordcross   Click Here to Email wordcross   Edit/Delete Message
I think I have a good idea! I think Since Tyenar and I both know so much about spell ingredients *cough: not really* then we should both be the masters of my new "War of the Wizards" game that I want to start once these mafia games get well underway. We'll leave it as a tie for now, and then Tyenar and I can wait for other fledgeling wizards to try and duel us as they progress. Then we can have a three way standoff with the winner of the wizard game and see who emerges victorious!

If ur curious about the "War of Wizards" game, Its in Off Topic so u can read the rules:
http://www.greylabyrinth.com/Forums/Forum7/HTML/002096.html

------------------
All these words, they make no sense
I've found bliss in ignorance!

Purgation
Daedalian Member
posted 10-01-2001 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purgation   Edit/Delete Message
*casts sleep on the denizens of the d&d world*

Oh.... before that....
*ruthlessly bites wordcross for shamelessly plugging*

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | The Grey Labyrinth