In today's markets, investment opportunities abound
worldwide, yet many investors fail to look beyond their own borders. How familiar are you with investing in foreign markets ?
1. The U.S. ranked #1 in performance (average annual total returns) in the 10 years ending December 29,1995.
2. The U.S., Japan, and Germany have the three largest economies in the world today.
3. One of the most significant opportunities for investors is the spread of capitalism to nations emerging from communism and third-world status.
4. Portfolios with a combination of domestic and international investments have historically outperformed those invested in U.S. securities alone.
5. The U.S. has the fastest growing economy in the western hemisphere.
6. Diversification among domestic and international investments makes your portfolio less prone to volatility, despite the fact that international investing
involves such unique risks as currency fluctuations, political instability and foreign regulations.