Wikipedia: The Free EncyclopediaHomePage | Recent Changes | Preferences | Receive an article a day!
Welcome to Wikipedia, a collaborative project to produce a complete encyclopedia from scratch. We started in January 2001 and already have over 20,000 articles. We want to make over 100,000, so let's get to work--anyone can edit any article--copyedit, expand an article, write a little, write a lot. See the Wikipedia FAQ for information on how to edit pages and other questions.
The content of Wikipedia is covered by the GNU Free Documentation License, which means that it is free and will remain so forever. See open content and free content for background.
Please help distribute [Wikipedia's first press release]!
- Current Events and Breaking News
- Encyclopedia articles about topics behind the news.
- Current events
- Philosophy, Mathematics, and Natural Science
- Astronomy and Astrophysics - Biology - Chemistry - Earth Sciences - Mathematics - Philosophy - Physics - Statistics
- Social Sciences
- Anthropology - Archaeology - Economics - Geography - History - History of Science and Technology - Language - Linguistics - Parapsychology - Political Science - Psychology - Sociology
- Applied Arts and Sciences
- Agriculture - Architecture - Business and Industry - Communication - Computer Science - Education - Engineering - Family and Consumer Science - Health Sciences - Law - Library and Information Science - Public Affairs - Technology - Transport
- Classics - Cooking - Critical Theory - Dance - Entertainment - Film - Games - Hobbies - Literature - Music - Opera - Painting - Recreation - Religion - Sculpture - Sports - Theater - Tourism - Visual Arts and Design
- Other Category Schemes
- About Wikipedia category schemes - Complete list of encyclopedia topics - Library of Congress catalog scheme - Dewey Decimal System - Wikipedia arranged by topic - Historical timeline - Historical anniversaries - Reference tables - Biographical Listing - Current events
- Wikipedias in other languages
- About the non-English Wikipedias - [Afrikaans] - [Arabic (Araby)] - [Basque (Euskara)] - [Catalan (Català)] - [Chinese (Hanyu)] - [Danish (Dansk)] - [Dutch (Nederlands)] - [Esperanto] - [French (Français)] - [German (Deutsch)] - [Hebrew (Ivrit)] - [Hungarian (Magyar)] - [Italian (Italiano)] - [Japanese (Nihongo)] - [Norwegian (Norsk)] - [Polish (Polska)] - [Portuguese (Português)] - [Russian (Russkiy)] - [Serbocroatian (Croatoserbian)] - [Spanish (Castellano)] - [Swedish (Svensk)]
- About the project: Announcements - How to edit a page - FAQ - Policy - Feature requests - Bug reports - Mailing list - Wikipedia and Nupedia - Wikipedians - Wikipedia Chat
- Article pointers: Article news - New topics - Brilliant prose - [Receive articles daily by e-mail] - [Go to a random page] - [Index of all pages]
- Content requests: Requested articles - Help desk
- Useful resources for us: Wikipedia utilities - [Tarballs of Wikipedia data] - Public domain resources - Commentary, which is being transferred to [meta.wikipedia.com] - SandBox
- Selected press coverage: [The New York Times -- December 9, 2001] - [The New York Times -- September 20, 2001] - MIT's [Technology Review]
- Links: Friends of Wikipedia
Today is Thursday, January 24, 2002, server time (U.S. Pacific Time).
Note: Unless you have the administrator password, you cannot currently edit this page. While this is unfortunate, it has turned out to be necessary to prevent vandalism of this page, which has occurred on several occasions.
HomePage | Recent Changes | Preferences | Receive an article a day!This page is read-only | View other revisions
Last edited January 24, 2002 1:10 am (diff)