beginning of time, the forces of Order and Chaos have been engaged in an eternal struggle to
decide the fate of all Creation. That struggle has now come to the Mortal Realm...and
neither Man, Demon, nor Angel will be left unscathed...
After possessing the body of the hero who defeated him, Diablo resumes his nefarious scheme to
shackle humanity into unholy slavery by joining forces with the other Prime Evils, Mephisto and
Baal. Only you will be able to determine the outcome of this final encounter...
II, return to a world of dark fantasy. As one of five distinct character types, explore the world
of Diablo II -- journey across distant lands, fight new villains, discover new treasures, and uncover
ancient mysteries, all in the quest to stop the Lord of Terror, once and for all...
- Five all-new character classes with unique attributes and abilities
- Four different, fully populated towns complete with wilderness areas
- Multiple dungeons, caverns, and crypts in every town for players to explore
- Expanded world, filled with all-new quests, weapons, spells, armor, monsters, and non-player characters
- Advanced combat system, incorporating class-specific fighting techniques and spells
- Full Multiplayer support, including Internet play over Battle.net®
- Optional 3Dfx and Direct3D support
For more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions.