For more information
about CAIDA write to
Using RRDtool from the command line or through its Perl bindings is
pretty straight forward. But this will not buy you the solution to all your
monitoring needs. RRDtool does not help you to organize your data
acquisition and presentation. This is the point where the front ends come
in. Some of these are tools which relie on rrdtool to functions, others are
tools which can work nicely all on their own, and rrdtool is just an
optional data graphing and logging addon.
- BigSister by Tom Aebi
- Network monitor that concentrates on detecting failing services and systems.
It has the ability to log trending data using rrdtool.
- Bronc by Chris Snell
- Classic RRDtool frontend using Mason as a template/component engine and mod_perl
to speed things up.
- Cricket by Jeff Allen @ WebTV
- Frontend with a hierarchical configuration system.
- Cacti by Ian Berry
- A php based 'full service frontend' to rrdtool and monitoring. Even the configuration is fully webbased.
- FlowScan by Dave Plonka
- Uses RRDtool to log and graph Netflow data acquired though
- FwGold by Gianluca Rotoni
- Display Checkpoint Firewall-1® logging statistical data
- Ganglia by Matt Massie
- Monitore the load and other parameters of a whole linux cluster and
present the results in a neat webpage.
- Hoth by Alexander Reelsen
- IP accounting tool for Linux (2.2)
- HotSaNIC by Bernd Pissny
- Graphical overview about a large number of network- and system statistics
for you Unix Box
- IRCgraph by Ricardo Sartori
- Visualizes the traffic on irc servers and in the irc network
- mrtg-rrd by Jan 'Yenya' Kasprzak
- A on demand grapher for mrtg running with rrdtool. Like 14all only different.
- NMIS - Network Management Information System by Keith Sinclair
- Produce Performance Stats on your Networkdevices and get fault management for free-
- NRG by Steve Rader
- Highly automated and scalable MRTG-like system
- NTop by Luca Deri
- Libcap based protocol level traffic monitor
- Ourmon by Jim Binkley and Sun Nan
- Packet capture, analysis and display tool using Ethernet
promiscuous mode capture.
- orca by Blair Zajac
- RRDfrontend using logfiles as datasource
- remstats by Thomas Erskine
- Runs data collection agents on remote machines and polls
them from a central server where the data is kept
- SLAMon by Frank Harper
- Calculate working
hour and 24-by-7 availability for anything that you're currently
monitoring with RRDTool.
- jRRD by Ciaran Treanor
- helps reading and manipulation of RRD files from pure Java
- RRDD by Poul-Henning Kamp
- Lightweigt mechanism which transmits data-points
from one machine to another using a single UDP datagram
- RRGrapher by Dave Plonka
build rrd graphs of your own design.
If you know other stuff belonging on this page, please let me
know. I will add them to the list
This page was updated on, Thu Jan 17 23:24:57 2002