Official PowerDraw homepage
This the homepage for the every growing PowerDraw graphics system, hosted here on turbo.
This library encapsulates DirectXGraphics and allows 2D rendering using 3D hardware. Finally this component is completely independent. This is early beta release with no good documentation, but I've included small readme.txt file and two examples.
While this entire package is still in development, I'll need a lot of testing. Please send feedback to email@example.com so I can improve the library.
The really interesting thing with this release (besides the PNG support for true alpha channels and the Direct3D stuff) is the fact that PowerDraw is now a complete stand-alone library - hence I gave it it's own page.
2D on 3D hardware via PowerDraw v2.1, add FMOD for sound (thanks to Steve Williams' code) and you have a pretty kickin' engine. Could this be the begining of the end for DelphiX?
- If you have previous version of library installed, please uninstall it
(in Component / Install packages menu) before proceeding.
- Unzip all files with directories to \PowerDraw (create this directory
at the path of your preference). From this point I'll refer to this
directory as root "\" (i.e. "\Examples" would be "\PowerDraw\Examples")
- Start Delphi and load PowerGrafix.dpk from the \Source directory.
Compile and install it. In case you get any compilation errors,
please contact the author.
- After you've compiled and installed the package successfully,
proceed to Delphi menu: Tools / Environment Options / Library and
add the path to the library you just installed.
You installed package in d:\Library\PowerDraw. When you enter
the Environment Options menu, you'll see a string like this:
(note: this string may vary depending on your configuration)
After adding the path to PowerDraw, this line will be:
- That's it. You'd be able to drop the components from component palette
and use them without problems. If you encounter any bugs, again,
contact the author to fix them.
- PowerDraw v2.21 - New for 2002. Many more features. Read the included readme.txt for more details.
- PowerDraw v2.1 - No longer under the GNU license meaning it can be used in commercial products. Also contains AlphaMaker and FontRender tools for creating fonts.
- PowerDraw v2.05 beta - this library encapsulates DirectXGraphics and allows 2D rendering using 3D hardware acceleration. It features bitmap font rendering, many different image effects and simple rendering primitives (lines, rectangles, etc) all hardware-accelerated.
- Delphi 5 fix for v2.05 beta - a couple of fixes for Demo1 to allow it to compile in Delphi 5. Unzip into Examples\Demo1.